Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving back from France Easter Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
Quick question.....

Driving back in Easter Sunday to Calais.....

Can anyone tell me if it's usually quieter or busier than usual..... I'm thinking (hoping!) It will be v quiet.....

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I expect will be same as any other Sunday. Easter is not a bank holiday in France. There may be a few more Belgians on the road, but I think that is more likey the week after.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks JohnE. So relatively quiet then.
Silly question: will all the service stations be open as usual...
. Thanks again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Usually v. quiet when we've done it.
Yes, autoroute service stations are open.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers wibble!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

There may be a few more Belgians on the road

Never a good thing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We did it last year and was quiet on the roads.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same, did it last year and had a very quiet drive back back from Avoriaz. Service stations were all open; only issue was finding somewhere to eat where we stayed that night (hour south of the tunnel), even McDonalds was closed! Uber Eats saved the day. We’re doing the same again this year.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're heading back to Calais that day too. Good thread to read!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE wrote:
I expect will be same as any other Sunday. Easter is not a bank holiday in France.

Er, yes it is. Easter Monday has long been a public holiday in France. What effect it may have on traffic I have no idea.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chaletbeauroc, Good Friday isn't is it?

Have driven down (or back) over Easter many a time, never a problem with services and traffic generally been light.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris wrote:
@Chaletbeauroc, Good Friday isn't is it?

No. https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/actualites/A15406
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm driving back that day, don't know exactly where from - I have to go down to Genoa on the Saturday and will get as far back north as I sensibly can before stopping for the night. Driving should be fine traffic-wise. Motorway service areas open as usual.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've driven down often overnight on Maundy Thursday and been overwhelmed by the number of Belgians heading south, many towing boats, many with bikes on the roof. I imagine that Belgium is evacuated that weekend.

Sorry about getting the French bank holiday wrong. As national holidays go it is barely noticed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are driving back to the tunnel Easter Sunday early afternoon, leaving Tignes the day before and overnight at Val Moret. Kids, 2 families, leaving on Saturday too but I think they will go back in one hit.
snow report
I would expect Sunday to be a better day on the roads than Saturday.
ski holidays
Worth being aware of the strike situation - there are now petrol shortages in some spots but mainly in the far south.
ski holidays
We are coming back on Easter Monday. Spending a day in Paris on the way back. Kids loved it last year so we figured a repeat dose and may be see parts of Paris we missed the fist time around.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy