Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed with Tignes Val D'Isère lift pass prices and options

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm after some help with lift pass options. The price per day seems to be the same whichever option you choose. So for a family of 4 it would be 232 EUR / c. £206 per day regardless of whether I book 6 days or 1. This is by far the most we have ever paid for a lift pass, so I was wondering if we could try to save a bit by playing around with options. Do you think it would work if we purchase new passes per day? Can this easily be done online? So for example, we could ski just Tignes the first couple of days and extend to Tignes Val d'Isère later. And if there is a day when one or all of us can't ski (weather/other) we would save the lift pass cost. I am just wondering whether this is an option to save a bit and potentially not waste money too. Is this worth it or should I just get a full 6/7 day pass (we won't be able to use the 7th day).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@itsbeenawhile, does seem an odd way of doing it.

As a comparison 3V day rate is comparable at 64.80 but a 6 day pass reduces it to 54 per day.

You should be able to load on line each day once you have a card here https://www.skipass-tignes.com/en/. I've done this (not daily!) with other ski areas but not Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your message. There doesn't seem to be a reduction for a 6 day pass in Tignes like 3V. You just get a free day, which we won't use.

For previous trips we have always bought our full week pass up front and either had it delivered to home or collected in resort. Tignes have click and collect points (we will be close to one) and the website says 'immediate withdrawal' so I thought it might be possible to buy daily.

Alternatively, you mention loading online. That's what we would prefer to do if possible so we don't need to go to the office or click and collect daily. I am pretty certain you can do this from the site you have linked, but as we have never done this before I thought I would check as we don't want to encounter any technical problems when we get there, or additional costs!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@itsbeenawhile, apologies I realise what I wrote was unclear - when I said "does seem an odd way of doing it." I was referring to Tignes pricing structure not your proposal.

I don't see any problems doing what you intend to do and makes sense to me. It won't save you a kings ransom but it should be minimal hassle and it's not pennies.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No problem Smile

Thanks for helping. It won't save us much but the pass is more than £1200+ for the 4 of us (eek) so I am looking for more of an insurance policy in case we can't ski for some reason!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@itsbeenawhile, I've been looking at the same. The Tignes/ VDI pass prices appear to have jumped significantly in price this year - I suppose they are trying to claw back some of that lost in COVID. You used to get family discounts, reductions for multi-day passes etc. And like you, we won't use the 7th day, which is all very well but, I suspect, unlikely to be used my the majority on a week's holiday. Frustrating.

If you want to load beforehand, I believe you'll need to have Tignes/VDI cards from a previous season. At least that's what the website says.

Also, a good explanation here of the slightly mad new pricing policy. https://www.yseski.co.uk/ski-pass-and-discounts/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@itsbeenawhile, Do you qualify for the "Child Promotion" rates mentioned here? : https://en.tignes.net/skiing/ski-pass-you-need
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Judwin wrote:
@itsbeenawhile, Do you qualify for the "Child Promotion" rates mentioned here? : https://en.tignes.net/skiing/ski-pass-you-need

There is a small discount for the kids.

The day cost is 2 adults * 63 EUR + 2 kids * 53 EUR = 232 EUR. The 6 day pass is 6 * 232 EUR = 1392 EUR, so unfortunately no saving for paying for the full week. You do get the extra day if you can use it though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
itsbeenawhile wrote:
Judwin wrote:

The day cost is 2 adults * 63 EUR + 2 kids * 53 EUR = 232 EUR. The 6 day pass is 6 * 232 EUR = 1392 EUR, so unfortunately no saving for paying for the full week. You do get the extra day if you can use it though.

Yeahbut, the website says you get 100 euros off for buying a 6 day package for 2 adults and 2 kids.
https://en.tignes.net/skiing/ski-pass-you-need wrote:

CHILD PROMOTION
For a simultaneous purchase of a minimum of 4 packages, of the same duration and with the same validity dates, including 2 children aged between 8 and 13, a CHILDREN'S PROMOTION is granted, upon presentation of proof of age, at the cash desk or on the website www.skipass-tignes.com/fr. This promotion takes the form of a discount equivalent to :

100€ for the purchase of packages lasting between 6 and 11 days
200€ for the purchase of packages lasting between 12 and 13 days

6 day adult is 378E, and 6 day child is 318E, so (2 x 378 + 2 x 318) - 100 might be 1292E. 100Euros ain't gonna buy you much in Tignes, but every penny helps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rainman wrote:
@itsbeenawhile, I've been looking at the same. The Tignes/ VDI pass prices appear to have jumped significantly in price this year - I suppose they are trying to claw back some of that lost in COVID. You used to get family discounts, reductions for multi-day passes etc. And like you, we won't use the 7th day, which is all very well but, I suspect, unlikely to be used my the majority on a week's holiday. Frustrating.

If you want to load beforehand, I believe you'll need to have Tignes/VDI cards from a previous season. At least that's what the website says.

Also, a good explanation here of the slightly mad new pricing policy. https://www.yseski.co.uk/ski-pass-and-discounts/

Thanks, that's really helpful. The website confirms what I suspected about the pricing. I am going to continue to look into this and hopefully there might be some more postings on here. I am wondering if I bought a one day pass when we get there, whether this can be charged online for the rest of the break. The YSE website says you need to go to the office or distributor daily which is not ideal, but as we are close to a click and collect it might work.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Judwin wrote:
itsbeenawhile wrote:
Judwin wrote:

Yeahbut, the website says you get 100 euros off for buying a 6 day package for 2 adults and 2 kids.
https://en.tignes.net/skiing/ski-pass-you-need wrote:

CHILD PROMOTION
For a simultaneous purchase of a minimum of 4 packages, of the same duration and with the same validity dates, including 2 children aged between 8 and 13, a CHILDREN'S PROMOTION is granted, upon presentation of proof of age, at the cash desk or on the website www.skipass-tignes.com/fr. This promotion takes the form of a discount equivalent to :

100€ for the purchase of packages lasting between 6 and 11 days
200€ for the purchase of packages lasting between 12 and 13 days

6 day adult is 378E, and 6 day child is 318E, so (2 x 378 + 2 x 318) - 100 might be 1292E. 100Euros ain't gonna buy you much in Tignes, but every penny helps.

Unfortunately we narrowly miss out on the 100 EUR discount as our eldest is > 13 years. That would have been a free lunch if we could have got it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm pretty sure you can charge the pass daily using the Tignes App. I deleted it when I came back at the weekend so can't check easily.

When do you travel? I'd imagine there are some folk on here who could post you old passes that could be loaded.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's quite a bit of discussion about the pass pricing structure on the main Tignes thread. It might be worth asking there, as that's where the "locals" hang out.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@itsbeenawhile, this:

Quote:
Unfortunately we narrowly miss out on the 100 EUR discount as our eldest is > 13 years. That would have been a free lunch if we could have got it!

is where the biggest change is, I think, as I'm sure kids were previously U18, whereas now they've broken it down to U13 and 13-18 at different prices.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@itsbeenawhile,
I think you'd get your answers here:- https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161226&start=1280
snow report
The daily rate worked well for us in our last 2 trips. We had a mingling day in each trip where we did not ski and so saved a full day in costs
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
The daily rate worked well for us in our last 2 trips. We had a mingling day in each trip where we did not ski and so saved a full day in costs

How did you buy your pass daily? Did you recharge online or buy from the office?
snow conditions
The other big change is hat the Tribu pass is gone which meant that you could by the whole family at kids rates. Was looking at last year's costs and we got 4 of us skiing for around €1200 for the week. This year is £1320, so an 11% increase.
snow report
rainman wrote:

Our accomodation in Val Claret had a basket of blank ski pass cards at reception, intended for online 'charging' - you might find the same at lift pass/tourist info offices?
ski holidays
itsbeenawhile wrote:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:

How did you buy your pass daily? Did you recharge online or buy from the office?

We looked at the weather good day, terrible day, good day, good day
1 day pass, next day went out for a walk in the blizzard and called in at pass office and added day 3 and 4 to the pass
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy