Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Affordable Geneva airport hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With our return flight at 7am we are considering an overnight stay in GVA rather than a 2am resort departure.
We will also have a hire car to leave back and, while it will make no difference to price I’d rather return it the previous evening and have an agent to argue with about scratches (if necessary) than leave myself vulnerable to an unattended drop off.
What hotels would be worth a look and are either walkable with skis & a suitcase, or have transfer options that could cope with same?
As it’s literally only a bed for the night, Ibis or the like is absolutely acceptable.
Alternatively, is there an overnight left luggage option in the airport that is open at 5am?
Many thanks for any insight you can provide.
CW snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did similar a few years ago. Stayed at Hotel 33, Avenue Louis-Casai. Short walk to the terminal. Nothing special but adequate for arrive-sleep-leave.

There are lockers of various sizes at the railway station adjacent to the terminal. Not sure skis would fit. There is also attended left luggage but not sure of hours.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's an Ibis Budget not very far down the road, and the trolley buses provide an easy frequent link. (There used to be free fares for visitors staying in Geneva but I don't know whether that still happens). Worked out very cheap - especially considering it is Geneva - when we used it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in the Nash Pratik hotel a week ago. Small double room but top notch; and a free shuttlebus from/to the airport. 5 min shuttle ride or a 12 minute walk. And great value for 70 quid (room only).

There's also a very good Italian restaurant opposite (Gioconda). Geneva being Geneva, it was 25 quid for a pizza and a pint. Lovely, food though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
p.s. if you are prepared to drop the car off on the day of your flight you could, alternatively, sleep at Ferney Voltaire. The ultimate "affordable" hotel is the F1 - perfectly adequate for a night and only about £30 for a room. And there is an Italian and a Thai restaurant over the road (as well as a McDonalds).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed at Nash Airport Hotel when BA abandoned us last year (adjacent to Nash Pratik). Clean, comfortable, good shuttle and very close. Be prompt for the shuttle though as it gets busy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed at a hotel in France with an airport shuttle, I'll find the details..............

Found it: Premiere Classe Geneve - Aéroport - Prévessin

In 2018 it was €57 for one night incl breakfast for a family room. I think the parking was €10 a night or something, we left the car there for a few days whilst we went to Naples then used the shuttle to go pick it up and drive to the EOSB. Standard wise it was about the same as the B&B chain.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cardweg,

These are all really close.

Ibis Airport.
Nash Praktik
Or my fav.
Nash Suites.

In the Nash Suites you get a mini kitchenette (small sink. Microwave, little coffee machine, paper plates, some paper cups and wooden knifes and forks).

We often stay there the night before an early morning flight the next day and take a ‘picnic’ for our hotel room and a bottle of wine.

The three of those hotels all have a shuttle but they are so close I don’t bother with the shuttle.

You can walk under an underpass and towards P51/Terminal 2
And then to T1 in approx 7 or 8 min.

P51 is the hire car collect and return parking which is mega close.

I often return hire car the night before to save the faff the next morning and also to avoid parking charge at hotel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used the ibis a few times - booked a reasonable time in advance you can get a good price and there's a free shuttle bus to/from the airport.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @@247snowman.
I appreciate they are close by, but at 4am I'd probably prefer the shuttle. Do you know if any of them run 24/7?
Currently Nash looks a better deal than Ibis, surprisingly.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@cardweg,
It says on their website that Nash suites and Nash Praktik shuttle starts at 04:30am.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@247snowman wrote:
@cardweg,
It says on their website that Nash suites and Nash Praktik shuttle starts at 04:30am.

Had that confirmed by email and am staying there for that reason.

As for the “it gets busy” comment above, the email also said that while it runs on a 20 minute cycle for most of the day, the first hour it’s every ten which will help ease the stress should we miss one.

Thanks for all the input guys.

CW snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@247snowman wrote:
@cardweg,

These are all really close.

Ibis Airport.
Nash Praktik
Or my fav.
Nash Suites.

In the Nash Suites you get a mini kitchenette (small sink. Microwave, little coffee machine, paper plates, some paper cups and wooden knifes and forks).

We often stay there the night before an early morning flight the next day and take a ‘picnic’ for our hotel room and a bottle of wine.

The three of those hotels all have a shuttle but they are so close I don’t bother with the shuttle.

You can walk under an underpass and towards P51/Terminal 2
And then to T1 in approx 7 or 8 min.

P51 is the hire car collect and return parking which is mega close.

I often return hire car the night before to save the faff the next morning and also to avoid parking charge at hotel.

Great info. Thanks for sharing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Geneva hostel is OK: 1/2mi from Cornavin.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you’re after the best price for your hotel, I find lastminute.com to generally be the cheapest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy