Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Val Thorens 1-8 April '23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey, I'm a 28 y/o guy heading over from New Zealand to ski the Alps for the first time and I've booked in for the Advanced Off-Piste for 1-8 April '23 at Val Thorens. Firstly, let me know if this was a good choice Laughing

Curious to hear from other people that have signed up for this course, or who will just be at the center for that week to catch up for a drink with!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kc100, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm not likely to be there but I can say for sure that the UCPA is an excellent facility and that you'll love it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great choice. The UCPA is nice and the terrain is good for off piste. I actually had my first proper off piste week there so might be biased as it opened up this whole new amazing world to me Very Happy

The centre is at the bottom end of town so perfect to have an apres drink and then ski down on time for dinner but given it’s then uphill and the bar is cheap I never made it out out in the evenings.

Go with an open attitude and be happy to sit with anyone and say Hi and you’ll have a blast.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Better late than never, and I don't know if you're still reading this, @kc100, but I'm now booked on the same course. I'm 41 and travelling from Cardiff. Looking forward to meeting you there!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah great, see you there! I definitely wanted to put this in early as I see this is more of an old school, slower forum. The first day (1 April) is check in at 1800, and I'm guessing the course doesn't include passes for that day. I could be keen to buy a day pass and ski this day too though. I am going all that way after all Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kc100, if you get in touch with them they should have plenty of space for you to store luggage and may even let you check in early, certainly when you book UCPA through Action Outdoors (their UK partner) an early checkin is possible
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kc100 wrote:
Ah great, see you there! I definitely wanted to put this in early as I see this is more of an old school, slower forum. The first day (1 April) is check in at 1800, and I'm guessing the course doesn't include passes for that day. I could be keen to buy a day pass and ski this day too though. I am going all that way after all Laughing

I can't speak to the speed of the forum, but it certainly took me a long time to get organized, between working things out with work (I'm mostly confined to skiing outside university termtime, except for the odd weekend) and with my not(-yet) skier partner. I'm afraid I can't join you on day 0, as I won't be arriving in-resort until quite late (I arrive in GVA at 16:30 or some such), but look forward to meeting you and skiing together.

Actually: does anyone have any recommendations for the free day? Conditions depending I expect I might try to swap to some piste skis for that day. Attempting an Escapade doesn't look like much fun, but if there are any must-ski or must-see parts of the 3V I'd love to hear recommendations!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jmr59 recommendation for the free days - just go to other parts of Les Trois Vallees. I believe off-pist will be most of the time in Val Thorens and Orelle. but Les Menuires and Meribelle are also beautiful. Also Courchevel - but this one is not so high compared to others, so might be not so good if the weather will be warm. Anyway you can't do anything wrong in Les Trois Vallees, in my opinion it's a best ski area.

@kc100 btw I am also thinking to book UCPA but still thinking if I book just stay and skipass or also off pist snowboarding.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds good @Julia.hi, @jmr59, thanks for the info. Let me know if you end up at UCPA@Julia.hi, and if you're looking for people to ski(board?) with on Saturday at least. I'm getting quite excited, can't believe how quickly this is coming up Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jmr59 - deffo try to at least hit Les Menuires, Point De La Masse is deffo worth a visit. Stunning views if it's a clear day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy