Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire in France- discount codes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've looked and can't believe there's not already a thread on this subject... are there any good discount codes or providers out there for ski hire?

I'm taking a sneaky short break to Val Cenis before Easter and the return flight necessitates a stupid o'clock return flight with an overnight in GVA. With the hassle of the logistics around the overnight stay etc I'm considering renting skis for the first time in 30+ years. As we are only skiing for 4 days the £74 easyJet ski carriage is comparable with the €85 rental cost. My 2 year old Legends are chomping at the bit to get away again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered with carting them through GVA on the way home again.

My companion is hiring the lot, skis boots and helmet, so I'll be in the hire shop anyway (and paying... bank of Dad - lol), but which shop? Price seems to be as good an arbiter as any in a small resort given the conversation above.

Currently looking at the usual suspects: Skiset, Sport 2000, Intersport & Skimium but am aware there might be other options I'm not aware of.

Thank you.
CW snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going next weekend (subject to weather conditions) and my issue with rental places is limited availability of good/demo boards.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a matter of interest, what do people feel is a reasonable "target price" for reasonable (intermediate/mid level) skis/board/boots?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
As a matter of interest, what do people feel is a reasonable "target price" for reasonable (intermediate/mid level) skis/board/boots?

For rental skis, I’m just comparing my rental costs to carriage: £74 return with EasyJet
For a week, my skis come with me as I’m seeing €120-130 as a weekly rental price for similar “premium” level alll mountain skis.
For a long weekend, 3 or 4 days skiing there’s not much difference so it’s more about convenience etc.
As for price, my companion’s beginner level skis, boots & helmet are coming in around €20 a day, which I don’t consider excessive, but I’m always out for a bargain if there’s one to be had.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snow-forecast.com have some discount codes on there, if you sign up for free. Intersport do a discount if you sign up for their 'club' again for free and you can stack a facebook code as well.

We went with intersport for ourselves, but that was due to the location and closeness to the chalet we're staying in, in Les Arcs.

Personally I don't ski enough to warrant having skis and faffing about with them, but am hoping that as I've got my own boots I can get sorted quickly. Although there are a few beginners going with us this year, so that will be interesting as always!! I need to do more skiing per year!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eps wrote:
Personally I don't ski enough to warrant having skis and faffing about with them, but am hoping that as I've got my own boots I can get sorted quickly…. I need to do more skiing per year!!

If you pick your purchase time carefully you can get a really good bargain.
I bought my current skis online in May 2020 (ok, covid losses may have helped the price) & reckon I paid the equivalent of just over three weeks worth of rental fees.
If you’re lucky, you might break even sooner than you think.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
have you tried https://www.alpinresorts.com/

i have used these several times before, and i am using them at easter for my daughters snowboard rental in VT.

they have a good cancellation policy if required

current code is PROMOTIX but not sure what discount you get for this
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The best price I got was with both Alpinresorts & Skimium (where the added 5% discount for having a Decathlon card made the difference)
In the end I went with Skimium based on the proximity of the shop to our accommodation.
Thanks all
CW snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy