Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing/Boarding with a Speaker in your backpack....

Poster: A snowHead
....playing largely trash europop at high volume

What's that all about?

Seems a worrying trend amongst the 'yoof'. Worse still, they can't hear it when that are moving and the only people who can, don't want to!

Is it that cool?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Such behaviour is the sign of a true weapon.

Especially in a world where earbuds with pass-through of ambient sounds exist, so the excuse of needing to hear your surroundings whilst listening to music is moot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They all deserved to be shot Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Already been discussed a couple of times on here - hasn't everything Laughing Laughing

I'm not overly fussed tbh. If I am waiting in a lift queue having a tune playing is no bad thing and on the slopes it's only going to be brief.

At the minute it doesn't seem to be an out of control thing. It's not something I would do personally.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.tiktok.com/@mrjackskipper/video/7204857429413235973?lang=en
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Layne, Not a problem in a lift queue until you experience the joy of more than 1 person with a speaker blasting out different genres, completely out of time with each other Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Layne wrote:
I'm not overly fussed tbh. If I am waiting in a lift queue having a tune playing is no bad thing and on the slopes it's only going to be brief.

I aspire to your levels of equanimity!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flogging is too good for them
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I find these loudspeakers to be helpful. The quieter the music becomes the more certain I am that I am further away from people likely to be a physical threat to people around them. Handy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Why not? Don't come across them very often and I agree with @Layne,

As an aside, I came across a guy with one in his rucksack that he was using so that his blind son could follow him/the music down the piste. Now that's cool I thought! His choice of music wasn't but it would have churlish of me to complain I think!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, but inflicting your choice of music on others is plain rude. Also, nature, sweet sounds of gliding skis, etc.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne wrote:
At the minute it doesn't seem to be an out of control thing. It's not something I would do personally.

A few in Courchevel, one or two in Prato, loads in Bansko

Wait till it hits TokTik, then they'll be everywhere

Personally, there's nothing quite like cruising a tree lined run on a bluebird day, stopping to take it all in when some 'yoof' stops next to you playing agadoo or whatever the kool kidz are into these days Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@swskier, shooting's too quick, I'd want 'em to suffer a bit first!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Should have their lift pass confiscated.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I would not mind paying a lift-pass little extra on top to cover the sharp-shooter.
ski holidays
I'm too drunk to care about that when skiing Laughing ....

Oh, and before all the humourless uptight ones lay into me... I AM JOKING.
snow report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@swskier, shooting's too quick, I'd want 'em to suffer a bit first!

If they're listening to europop, they're suffering. Consider it a mercy killing.
snow report
We encountered it in Gerardmer the other week. Several times. Of course, the culprit was looking around desperately for attention.

He then fell off the button lift.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Sorry, but inflicting your choice of music on others is plain rude.

Quite a lot of lift stations have music playing.

And bars.
ski holidays
garfy1971 wrote:
Layne wrote:

I've never had any desire to go to Bansko but otherwise, as I say, not out of control

garfy1971 wrote:

Sorry but what exactly is going to hit TikTok?

garfy1971 wrote:
Personally, there's nothing quite like cruising a tree lined run on a bluebird day, stopping to take it all in when some 'yoof' stops next to you playing agadoo or whatever the kool kidz are into these days Very Happy

"agadoo" - showing your age there! For me, such an incident is very rare at this point, so I am not overly concerned.
snow report
@garfy1971, Tool up. Get mega speakers in your own back pack with a CD of Eurovision greatest hits and threaten to retaliate. Bit like cold war style mutual assured destruction. They'll soon go away.
snow report
Layne wrote:
garfy1971 wrote:
Layne wrote:

I've never had any desire to go to Bansko but otherwise, as I say, not out of control

garfy1971 wrote:

Sorry but what exactly is going to hit TikTok?

garfy1971 wrote:

"agadoo" - showing your age there! For me, such an incident is very rare at this point, so I am not overly concerned.

Agadoo isn’t in the hit parade anymore? Next you’ll be saying that Bros have split up!

The TikTok thing is usually when something starts to ‘trend’ or an ‘influencer’ is seen doing it. Then everyone will be at it!

P.S Bansko wasn’t my choice but is now definitely top of my list of resorts….never to go back to Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@jmr59, Laughing
snow conditions
garfy1971 wrote:
The TikTok thing is usually when something starts to ‘trend’ or an ‘influencer’ is seen doing it. Then everyone will be at it!

Well sure but what are you expecting to be "trend". Most sheeple don't even ski. I think the idea of skiing with a speaker blaring out music becoming a thing is pretty unlikely.

garfy1971 wrote:
Bansko wasn’t my choice but is now definitely top of my list of resorts….never to go back to

If only there was online forum that you could ask about this stuff so you don't waste your time and money wink wink Laughing Laughing
snow report
I had to endure loud Jesus rock in a lift line last season. May have accidentally stepped on the back of the speaker wearer's binding and accidentally released his ski as he was getting on the lift. Didn't get struck by lightning or eaten by locusts thankfully.
ski holidays
@Layne, lift stations and bars provide a useful service, and tend to be static.
latest report
Quote:

Agadoo isn’t in the hit parade anymore? Next you’ll be saying that Bros have split up!

Thank goodness for real musicians like Joe Cocker, eh?
latest report
A few years ago the youth in our group had a speaker with them. I was somewhat embarrassed by it, but the resort was very quiet, and the music was actually OK. However, we are skiing with them at the moment, and the speaker was very much vetoed by us oldies!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is a delight I have yet to experience. Sad
snow report
garfy1971 wrote:
....playing largely trash europop at high volume

What's that all about?

Seems a worrying trend amongst the 'yoof'. Worse still, they can't hear it when that are moving and the only people who can, don't want to!

Is it that cool?

Had it on a chair today in Tignes.... every time it happens to me I think to myself "Must bring a chuffing big speaker of my own next time and carry it in my rucksack and when this happens next time I can turn mine on and drown them out with a really really embarrassingly bad song.... that'll teach em"
ski holidays
I was sitting on a chairlift at Champagny when the youth next to me was playing Scarlatti piano works on his speaker . Thoroughly enhanced the afternoon and we had a lovely chat ! I would have followed him around for the music but he would have thought me weird .
snow conditions
There’s quite a lot in Tignes this week as the demographic has moved from families to lads trips.

The lady I was skiing with today turned to one and asked him if he couldn’t afford earbuds.

Me, I’m onto a mate who was heavily into Electronic Warfare to build be a Bluetooth jammer.
snow report
I’m always tempted to see if I can connect via Bluetooth and play something else Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Dr John wrote:
@Layne, lift stations and bars provide a useful service, and tend to be static.

Sure but the comment was "inflicting your choice of music on others is plain rude." - which suggests the playing of any music to anyone would be rude. I mean what does under do if he goes into a bar and then the bar keep suddenly decides to put some music on? Does he find a rude that they sometimes play music at the lift station? As anyone told him a bit the Folies Shocked Shocked

Laughing Laughing
latest report
boulevardier wrote:
I was sitting on a chairlift at Champagny when the youth next to me was playing Scarlatti piano works on his speaker . Thoroughly enhanced the afternoon and we had a lovely chat ! I would have followed him around for the music but he would have thought me weird .

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Must admit I think if you are sharing a chairlift with someone you should ask.

But then again people smoke or get on their phones quite loudly without asking so...
snow conditions
Cattle prod...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMONIDA-Handheld-Ergonomical-Livestock-Prodder/dp/B0BXCS7K62/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2KURC59TE40FG&keywords=cattle+prod&qid=1678140008&sprefix=catt%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-3&tag=amz07b-21

Whether you target the speaker or the carrier is a personal choice wink
snow report
My father used to detest other peoples loud music.
Now he just turns his hearing aids off.
ski holidays
Hmmmm I think I might try this

http://youtube.com/v/VE03Lqm3nbI
snow report
Buy the resort, get to choose the music... Otherwise...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy