Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 8th April to 22nds April too busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

We are tempted to go to Les Arcs (staying in Vallandry) 8/04-22/04 having not been there for 13years. I notice they have what is known as VIP tickets now and so was wondering if this was just a means to make money or if this was in response to it being extremely busy? I realise the first week of our stay is in school holidays so will it be rammed and just a terrible place to go? We are used to sliding (yes we're boarders - sorry) in relatively quiet runs in Austria and left the mega French resorts a long time ago but are considering Les Arcs again just because it ticks so many boxes. So from those in the know how bad will the queues be in the whole Les Arcs area at that time?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to La Plagne last season, in Easter. It wasn't too bad to be honest. I don't remember many awful waits, but then we chose the lifts that had the shortest queues. There were a couple of areas where people seemed to 'congregate' again we avoided most of those.

In my opinion you find most skiers on the learner slopes, so Green, certain Blues and certain Reds. If you avoid those ones or at least at the peak lesson times you should be able to get some decent mileage in.

We're in Les Arcs in the first week of Easter.. Just hoping it's more of the same! We were lucky with snow falling the week before and as we arrived. Then blue skies the rest of the whole week!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@klang180, It's only zone B schools that are on holiday the first week of your trip so it should be pretty quiet. Other zones are later in April, but the then again the French don't go skiing en masse in April so it should be quiet, a lot quieter than most resorts I've been to in Austria. The priority lanes will most likely be dismantled by then and except in exceptional places such as the Aiguille Rouge telepherique there will be no one in front of you when you get to a lift.

I don't know what VIP tickets are. Are they the essential lift passes? If so you will not need them unless you are planning to go to La Plagne.

Snow may be getting a bit thin in Vallandry, however, so consider downloading.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you mean Classic vs Essential vs Premium?

https://www.lesarcs-peiseyvallandry.com/en/forfaits_offre?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=search3&gclid=CjwKCAiAr4GgBhBFEiwAgwORrUScw5imf6YGTypP35aVcb_B_lyYGg5l_STA6BTtEoq261XRgSIKcBoCAtgQAvD_BwE

There are VIP lanes, for Les Arcs which should, in theory mean you can get through some lifts faster.. Sorry Express Lanes.

We went with Essential, which is Paradiski with a bit of a discount on some activities, if you wish to do them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am tempted to go back to Les arcs /la plagne one day but I am extremely concerned about the queues - we used to go in Jan, great skiing but queues were bad then and some were significant especially at the end of the day. the fact they have these VIP lanes now suggests that queuing has just got worse. My preferred resort is Les menuires as it’s so easy to access all areas, and get home when you want and even if there are French holidays at Easter it was only an issue just as the ski schools were setting off.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Queues really weren't bad when we went last Easter. I'll report back after this Easter... Although there were only 4 of us and we didn't hang about, plus weren't in ski school etc.. so could get on with things

Would like to go back to 3 vallees, haven't been for a few years now.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 2-03-23 22:18; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not too busy - but it gets fucking slushy most years these days so be aware of that
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:
Not too busy - but it gets fucking slushy most years these days so be aware of that

Yep, so up early and then up high later on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're stopping in Valandry then you're in the quietest part of the resort anyway.

It's not been busy the last 2 Easters we've been there, I wouldn't bother with the essential pass just for the express lanes. The other discounts can be useful for other activities though.

We were there last week for the main half term holidays and the resort was rammed, we didn't spend more than 10 mins in even the scariest looking queues.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gilly76 wrote:
If you're stopping in Valandry then you're in the quietest part of the resort anyway.

It's not been busy the last 2 Easters we've been there, I wouldn't bother with the essential pass just for the express lanes. The other discounts can be useful for other activities though.

We were there last week for the main half term holidays and the resort was rammed, we didn't spend more than 10 mins in even the scariest looking queues.

Cheers, we mainly went with Essential for the whole of the Paradiski area access and as we booked more than 6 passes in one go we got the extra 1/2 day on arrival access as well, so hoping to get a couple of runs in on the Saturday - massively optimistic, but in theory doable. Flights + transfers permitting...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone that is so helpful. I feel quite reassured with your replies with no real concerns about it.

Thanks for all of your input oh and red 27 I really love slush, it's second only to powder as it is just so playful and fun.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been to 1950 mid april the year before covid. Was before the implementation of the tier system, but were already toying with perks. Folks who had the Paradiski pass were granted priority access to the Varet gondola. Hard to tell as there were noch queues there, but my estimate would be at least 5min advantage during high season which I find massive (really hard to tell, as I don't know how many people ski on which pass). Only queueing happened at the Aiguille Rouge cable car (1-2 cars) and there was no priority lane there back then. Don't know about now. And of course on the other side up the Bellecôte (there should be a new, much more powerful gondola by now) and at the most busy hubs in town (Plagne has too much beds for its ski area).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tristero, The new Bellecôte gondola is not yet for this season.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Over Christmas the we estimated the essentials pass saved about 10 minutes on the Varet telecabine. To jump the queue on the Aiguille Rouge telepherique you have to buy an extra slot for a specific time. From what I can see very few people do this.

Come April there will be so few people about that it makes no difference.

From what I can see from the number of people using the express lane and the normal lanes few people buy the essentials or higher pass, most just hvae the classic pass and don't, of course, go across to La Plagne.

There are, perhaps an excess of beds over slopes in La Plagne, but it is no where near as bad as other places. St Anton was the worst in my experience.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy