Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mega Mayday…

Poster: A snowHead
Getting better and better…

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do have to say that this is by far and away my favourite thread currently, fingers crossed it stays that way over the next week.

Bergfex and Yr No both saw a nice jump in snow volumes for La Plagne for next week - I know snow accumulations tend to jump all over the place, and aren't the best measure but it's a step in the right direction nonetheless.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm heading out on Sunday, with a Kiwi friend and his girlfriend arriving on Tuesday for a couple of days. He's never been to the Alps, not sure about her. It will be so great if we can offer them the full alpine experience: lovely snow covered roofs, trees lathered in snow, lunch in a cosy restaurant sheltered from the elements. Starting to get properly excited!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Temps are jumping back and forth with each new run and the precip squigglies show no consensus but what’s clear is the drought is coming to a violent end next week! Let the rollercoaster ride continue… snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winter was found today Cool

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:
Winter was found today Cool

Excellent work. Powder March is here! Bring it on snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It’s not stopping…
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Temps seem to be rising - according to Bergfex freezing levels of around 1900/2000m in La Plagne next week at the point the precipitation kicks in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Temps seem to be rising - according to Bergfex freezing levels of around 1900/2000m in La Plagne next week at the point the precipitation kicks in.

No es bueno
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does look a bit warm at the weekend. Should still be good above 2000m though and provide a nice base for when the temps drop
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
Does look a bit warm at the weekend. Should still be good above 2000m though and provide a nice base for when the temps drop

Longer term ensembles suggest a move back to seasonal average after a couple of warmish days.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@andy from embsay, that makes me feel a bit better!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know we should take any accumulation numbers with a pinch of salt - but just thought I'd share this update that I've just seen on bergfex for la plagne! 63cm on Wed! I know that will change back very soon - but thought I'd just enjoy it while it was there!!

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Handy Turnip, the mean line on here shows temp dropping back after a couple of days - and it doesn’t go bonkers high even when it does.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andy from embsay wrote:
@Handy Turnip, the mean line on here shows temp dropping back after a couple of days - and it doesn’t go bonkers high even when it does.

Thanks @andy from embsay, much appreciated!
ski holidays
Seeing 50cm+ in some places next weekend!
Bardonecchia, Les Deux, Valloire, Alpe de Huez, that sort of area.
snow conditions
What's better than yesterday's powder day ?

A bluebird one this morning Cool

As for the forecasts, I honestly don't think I've ever seen them change so much !!
ski holidays
Hot damn that is more than 2m of snow at altitude in Argentiere next week Shocked

Similar story in Verbier

Looks warm this weekend but then temps fluctuating all over the place
ski holidays
@BobinCH,
Quote:

Hot damn that is more than 2m of snow at altitude in Argentiere next week

I don't know, my mouse doesn't scroll that far Sad
snow conditions
But Meteoblue averaging out at 1m50 at Brevent ... snowHead
snow conditions
@under a new name,
The 0000 run looks pretty wet to me.
ski holidays
zzz wrote:
@under a new name,

Yep could wash out whatever’s left under 2000m and make for some wet skiing for a few days. Should leave a massive base above though and if the temps drop could setup for a superb 2nd half of March and April at altitude
ski holidays
If that much snow comes off places are going to be shut for days! Its going to be lethal. But with those temperatures I would multiply the rain amounts by 5-7 rather than the 10.
ski holidays
Like I said a page or so back, warm as well.

Yesterday we started climbing quite early given the long approach, climbing up the S/SE aspects were lovely cold powder, two hours later as we had to ski part of that aspect it was really heavy at 2,000m.

Was nagging with an instructor/guide mate last evening as the whole school was out on the lash celebrating the end of the holidays here, and he said he'd never seen forecasts change so much.

He had a great day in Montgenevre that looked like they'd had a really good localised dump.

But yesterday afternoon was very warm and same again today, so that's now N facing aspects till we get the snow whenever that is?
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
zzz wrote:
@under a new name,

Yep could wash out whatever’s left under 2000m and make for some wet skiing for a few days. Should leave a massive base above though and if the temps drop could setup for a superb 2nd half of March and April at altitude

Bye bye PDS, or at least what’s left if it.
ski holidays
indeed it's those daytime temps which look ominous.

if this is the new normal then you have to live in a place such as....hhhmmmmm.....near Lac Leman?
and have a job which enables you to run to the car and then haul a++ to the snow the moment it arrives....
and so have a name such as .... Bob.....?
ski holidays
valais2 wrote:
indeed it's those daytime temps which look ominous.

if this is the new normal then you have to live in a place such as....hhhmmmmm.....near Lac Leman?
and have a job which enables you to run to the car and then haul a++ to the snow the moment it arrives....
and so have a name such as .... Bob.....?

Going to the US mid-March Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
Just got to chase the powder, some nice lines to be had

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:

Going to the US mid-March Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Bring your shovel, we appear to be taking more than our share this season. Probably another four feet by Monday at Tahoe; Aspen DH nullified yesterday by blizzard.

Just don't ask me how it is. I'm in final approach to leave it behind and come to the Alps! Ah, timing....

Some of y'all should really consider getting over here for what's shaping up to be an all star spring, with skiing into the summer very likely.
ski holidays
@Scooter in Seattle, flying to Seattle! And then heading North…

The forecast continues to look nuts with no sign of an end to the precipitation!

Now 2m50 in Argentiere until Weds 15th Shocked
snow report
We’re currently in zell am see and there’s no snow in the town. Mountain opposite just has some at the very top. Most of the runs are apparently open though so I think they must have done a good job with managing it higher up.
ski holidays
Saturday looks like a washout up pretty high. Long way out but temp drop on the 15th would be nice!

WePowder update gives some hope as models not yet aligned…
https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/288307
latest report
@BobinCH, ….for work? A long term move? …

Which bit USA: NY? Sacramento?
snow conditions
valais2 wrote:
@BobinCH, ….for work? A long term move? …

Which bit USA: NY? Sacramento?

Bucket list trip - Alaska!

Here it comes - looks like the snowiest/rainiest week of the season in the Western alps
snow conditions
Any idea what the rain/snow line will be for the coming (am going in a few days time)week in Avoriaz? Wondered how far I could go down before having to head back up? Also Morzine/Les Gets I wonder how they will fair with this coming weather.
ski holidays
simonsaysowot wrote:
Any idea what the rain/snow line will be for the coming (am going in a few days time)week in Avoriaz? Wondered how far I could go down before having to head back up? Also Morzine/Les Gets I wonder how they will fair with this coming weather.

It's hard to say as different forecasts will say slightly different things, and obviously a few hundred metres can make a massive difference. I do think Morzine and Let Gets are really going to struggle.

You'll probably be okay in Avoriaz for the most part, but pick and choose your days (and keep an eye on the ever changing forecast!). These are the freezing levels according to Bergfex. So maybe tomorrow and Thursday you can explore a little lower, but I'd stay high as possible on the other days.

Tues - 900m
Wed - 1600m
Thurs - 1300m
Fri - 1700m
Sat - 2000m
ski holidays
I’ll be very happy if they’re that low. Snow Forecast now has the freezing level for Friday night when the heaviest precipitation is forecast at 2,600m in Chamonix.
snow report
The dogs’ water bowls froze last night if that helps! Cool (700m near Aime)
snow report
hold_my_biere wrote:
I’ll be very happy if they’re that low. Snow Forecast now has the freezing level for Friday night when the heaviest precipitation is forecast at 2,600m in Chamonix.

And that's why I'd take them a little with a pinch of salt. The bergfex forecast for la plagne has higher FL's, and snow forecast shows something different too. A few hundred metres difference in FL's could make a world of difference, so I think it might now just be a case of waiting and hoping!
snow conditions
Kaiser wrote:
The dogs’ water bowls froze last night if that helps! Cool (700m near Aime)

Definitely! I'll take any good news at this point!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy