Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mega Mayday…

Poster: A snowHead
Bergmeister wrote:

Could be 1.8m on the way! Very Happy Very Happy

Main worry there is the snowline though - 3 degrees at 2100m is going to mean heavy rain or wet snow to very high levels across the alps? Hopefully it doesn't happen. Some forecasts (eg Bergfex) have it a lot colder, snowforecast a bit colder, wepowder very warm (up to start of weekend anyway). All to play for.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wepowder also showing a lower snowline now into Saturday, so all three of those looking good

I miss the dispassionate analysis of the regular tenants of the weather thread
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
8611 wrote:
Wepowder also showing a lower snowline now into Saturday, so all three of those looking good

I miss the dispassionate analysis of the regular tenants of the weather thread

Yes I agree - I'm not sure why it's dried up and where they've gone. To me, this thread is all about getting a bit excited about the late season snow (after start a poor Dec/Jan/Feb) - and the weather thread is for the more objective analysis by the weather experts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be clear, I like both threads - I usually bomb the other thread with excitement when I'm hoping to ski. But I wouldn't mind someone telling me whether this weekend is going to happen or not.

To which the correct and rational answer is, it might
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@8611, Where are you going ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the other thread has dried up because most people have already been on their once-a-year ski trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rob Mackley, not sure, can in theory go anywhere, Zurich has advantage of trains, car rental quite high at moment, Munich, Milan and possibly even Lyon other options. Have a preference to avoid France. Italy doesn't look like its going to get snow beyond the Aosta resorts at the main alpine ridge. If freezing level is high and if weather is in might be looking for trees.

@denfinella, yeah I think that's it, but some of the posters just enjoy the weather analysis in itself I think so I thought they'd be hanging around. The thread usually loses all the excitement at this time of year but trickles on with more value posts.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@8611, We’ll it does look like it’s certainly happening Western end of the alps this weekend, stormy , high rain snow level Friday dropping over the weekend possibly carbon copy of this just gone and looks quite cold in the week following . Looks like most of the action will be taking place in NW French Alps , Valais and as you say NW Aosta .

I think this is a good quite https://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/morning/5_days_weather_forecast.php

How this for an idea https://www.valdanniviers.ch/ it will certainly benefit from the weather , a different idea to France .

Or aim for La Thuile ,quite high tree line , cheaper hotels , quality and cheaper food , cheaper car rental from Turin only 1.5hr and you have the Courmayeur option
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@8611, the Arlberg appears to be doing pretty well so far! Snow right down to village which was very green 48 hours ago! https://www.facebook.com/Stanton.Arlberg/posts/pfbid02wRJ4T834TK6sFsFz5WVGar7UmZWa1sh9ehDmtXW6Ss8RfdNZkrseBhesUCsvtu98l
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit further East from the Arlberg and it’s snowing heavily in the Dachstein West area. 10-20cm expected in our village (650m) by Wednesday….which will mean more up on the ski area Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Rob Mackley, yep its interesting its very similar to weekend just gone. Warm lead in, some precipitation while warm, getting colder as more snow falls, focus on the West and the Nordstau areas. But doesn't have the obvious bluebird day (today) and more interestingly, looks like staying cold into next week for a few days at least.

Thank you and @kitenski for your suggestions. Chamonix and Arlberg both make most sense on paper but I've kind of done them both to death. They can be frustrating on a weekend powder day (Chamonix in particular) although maybe if there's poor viz that won't be an issue.

La Thuile is a great call as much quieter, I've also unfinished business above La Rosiere, but we were there in January and the pull of somewhere new is strong!

At the moment I'm tempted by Engelberg as should be there now and got it stuck in my head in consequence. But I have a feeling its a big open mountain which won't be great in a white out? Somewhere with pistes and trees good in that kind of weather and I'm not sure they have much. Also lots of competition for tracks (again, probably won't be a problem if its poor viz).

@Cacciatore, I've been intrigued by Dachstein for a while, still worried I'll need height though.

Want to see what the forecast freezing line is by Wednesday before making final decision I think.

Either way this is positive news for the Alps for sure! I just need to do a bit more vacillating before just booking what I was probably always going to book anyway!

Anyone with suggestion of more tree resorts near Zurich feel free to fire them on
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
8611 wrote:

@Cacciatore, I've been intrigued by Dachstein for a while, still worried I'll need height though.

Want to see what the forecast freezing line is by Wednesday before making final decision I think.

Either way this is positive news for the Alps for sure! I just need to do a bit more vacillating before just booking what I was probably always going to book anyway!

Anyone with suggestion of more tree resorts near Zurich feel free to fire them on

8611, lovely though Dachstein West is, last Sunday they closed 50% of the resort. I suspect due to higher operating costs vs number of skiers. There’s some nice skiing to be had but it’s limited so I wouldn’t recommend now. A real shame as the current snow (snowing down to 650m as I type) would make for a nice end to the season Sad

I suspect Tauplitz will be fairly good…nice town with higher skiing upto 2,000m.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zugspitze reporting 70cm this morning.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another metre this weekend up high
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, needs it to cover up the sand everywhere Laughing
snow report
swskier wrote:
@BobinCH, needs it to cover up the sand everywhere Laughing

Looks like April 1st is going to be a deep pow day in the Valais snowHead
snow conditions
Lots more pow coming high up snowHead
latest report
Big dump in Engelberg / Andermatt overnight and even more coming over the weekend!
snow conditions
I had been looking at the forecasts earlier in the week and suggested a trip to Tierberglihütte.
My mate lives in Grindelwald and can access Sustenpass very easily.
As you state@BobinCH, there is more to come over the weekend. Monday could be extraordinary.
latest report
Rogerdodger wrote:
I had been looking at the forecasts earlier in the week and suggested a trip to Tierberglihütte.
My mate lives in Grindelwald and can access Sustenpass very easily.
As you state@BobinCH, there is more to come over the weekend. Monday could be extraordinary.

That could put another metre up high Shocked
ski holidays
Verbier today...perfect conditions in every sense...just perfect on/off/vis/temp/sun/crowds

Perfect
snow report
Verbier today...perfect conditions in every sense...just perfect on/off/vis/temp/sun/crowds

Perfect
snow report
Some of the best lines of the season yesterday here, and a mate scoring big-time above Chamonix.

http://youtube.com/v/GVijcSpAKBs
snow conditions
@Weathercam,
Good stuff. Heading out on the 25th to Argentiere. Hoping for some spring snow snowHead
snow conditions
Almost as much new snow as I've seen on the cams all winter Toofy Grin https://www.youtube.com/live/NIuO6hrFTrg
latest report
@BobinCH, my trip to Engelberg today for the next week is timed well then!
latest report
swskier wrote:

Let me know your lottery numbers today please!
snow report
Where is spring? BBQs, shorts, tshirts ...?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier wrote:

wow that couldn't have worked out better if you wanted ut to. Go get it
snow report
@swskier, was lucky enough to ski it two weeks ago. It was great but not as deep as it will be now. Hopefully freezing level stays low.
latest report
We are skiing dust on crust here and it’s still pretty fab! Engelberg will be off the scale epic if you can access the big lines safely! Marshaling my crew of 9 to 12 year olds…

http://youtube.com/v/r4LLP3MZwCg
ski holidays
I'm sad to report that I had to ski some thigh deep powder today.

It was a chore, but I made a sacrifice for all SH's across the globe.
latest report
@swskier, thank you, fitting as I consider putting my ski gear up into the attic for the year.

Can you give us an account of how light it was, just to make us all feel better? I presume you are now sitting in the outdoor hot tub in Skier's Lodge?
snow report
8611 wrote:
@swskier, thank you, fitting as I consider putting my ski gear up into the attic for the year.

Can you give us an account of how light it was, just to make us all feel better? I presume you are now sitting in the outdoor hot tub in Skier's Lodge?

If it makes you feel better, I'm sleeping in my van at the campsite, and it's cold! Not the 15⁰ day time temps I envisaged when I booked it!

Swings and roundabouts I suppose. As it's an instructor exam, then there's actually not much powder skiing going on, but we've had our tasters.
snow report
Sneak into that hot tub, no-one will notice
latest report
@swskier, lots of BASI trainers with groups in Verbier at the moment.
Are you one of the groups?
What exams?
ski holidays
@rungsp, noticed them last week when I was training.

I'm on an IASI L3 tech exam in Engelberg, most are then also here next week for the teach exams also, but I won't be.
snow report
When my some did BASI L3 Tech he lost his lovely custom fitted boots (with Zipfits) and his skis when a Taxi sped off with them in the boot, never to be seen again.
The police couldn't care less!

He did the course in/on rentals...and passed!

If he could do it...you can do it!!

(He does admit that he only passed because the snow was just about perfect...just like now wink )
ski holidays
@rungsp, Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Tomorrow should be a good day, no snow overnight and sunny, so we'll actually be able to see where we're going, and the pistes should be groomed!

First 3 days of the week are training, final 3 are exam, so Wednesday is the start of the exam.

PS, if you bump in to Rob Stanford at all, mention Chicken Nuggets, and he'll then know which student from last week this is!
latest report
Good luck with the exam, @swskier snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy