Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mega Mayday…

Poster: A snowHead
Major March dumpage on the cards. Pencil in weeks of 11th and 18th. Wax up the fat skis and get those snow dances started! (Looks like Innsbruck jumped the gun!)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 1-05-23 14:46; edited 6 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll believe it when it really comes... but thank you, it's the kind of news I need on a Monday! Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@BobinCH, I think it has been that for the last few years. We switched our Austrian lads trip to March about 10 to 15 years ago and have had good conditions for most of those years. Had fresh snow virtually every time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would love it to be true
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lets hope it sticks around for my off piste course in Nendaz the last week of March!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, It worked out last year – Jan and Feb were rubbish, with a drought that lasted about 8 or 9 weeks. I remember a couple of powder days in March though, that saved the end of the season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hope so! I don't think the models are convincing at the moment - only some of the ensemble members are going for snowfall, and some are quite warm too. Fingers crossed...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really hope you're right, and this thread ages well. I'm not off till the 1st April, but would prefer a skiing holiday to a walking one.

Feels like this season has been full of false dawns, especially for the French Alps. With the exception of the dusting yesterday, I don't think there's been any snow since mid-Jan!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another good week for powder for several years (in Val d'Isere anyway) has been the week before Christmas.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That's my birthday week, and I kid you not, have yet to work a season or have a holiday where snow did not fall during these dates! Hopefully it continues as I will be with snowheads in monetier Toofy Grin snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball wrote:
Another good week for powder for several years (in Val d'Isere anyway) has been the week before Christmas.

No, no, you meant March right? It’s all about March for powder. April also acceptable wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
April 6 2022
Vercorin
Powder
Yum yum yum
Down through the trees
Twisty turny jumpy jump
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My go yo week for France is the week following 1/2 term.
Austria I try to go in January. Not sure about March being the new January, it has snowed either just before or during every trip for me.
I remember a big March dump a few years ago that meant a lot of places extended well towards the end of April & some either into May!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@valais2, is that a haiku? Very Happy

March has been the new January for ages, been to a few places people on here would recommend against later season and had absolutely cracking fresh snow (Garmisch, Westendorf...)

February is the new May, have got a tan the last couple of years...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The date on the top of whatever that graphic is, is Sun 22NOV2020 ??

I certainly am hoping for some major snowstorms to start rolling in over the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Me and the future wife are off to Les Arcs 1800 on the 25th for our honeymoon.
We've both been boarding since the mid 1990's and can't remember a season with so little snowfall up to now.
ski holidays
Date updated for the pedants. Still looks mighty promising for some long awaited major dumpage
ski holidays
@BobinCH, looks even better than the previous one Very Happy
snow report
Fingers and toes all crossed!
snow conditions
Could do with it being colder?

That's the trouble with Spring dumps, can quickly turn to sludge by 11:00 am

But looking unsettled for here, but again not uber cold.

latest report
With every passing day the confidence levels improve… temps look fine to me.

Now hitting the YR.NO 10 day outlook
snow report
another yr.no fan!
snow conditions
@BobinCH, yep temps have been a bit better on the last couple of (GFS) runs, especially for places with a bit of height like Verbier!
snow report
Ooh...looking good for my sneaky weekend 11th to 13th @BobinCH Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Evening GFS also very snowy for western Alps.
snow conditions
Could be epic. Wengen:

latest report
patrick! wrote:
another yr.no fan!

Me too! A great little app which, despite getting its info from the various national met offices, still seems to provide a more accurate forecast than the aforementioned source. Go figure Puzzled
snow report
This morning nothing on Météo Ciel after hope of the last two runs. Live in hope for the later runs today.
ski holidays
Alpinebear wrote:
This morning nothing on Météo Ciel after hope of the last two runs. Live in hope for the later runs today.

This looks pretty consistent with the last few days?

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well our 40 odd cms have disappeared this morning from two forecasts, now it's only yr showing it, and I have a nasty feeling that they too will update to denada Sad
snow conditions
Hard to get excited. How many time have we seem hopeful wigglies this season just for them to disappear without a trace Sad
ski holidays
Still seeing 10 days of fun and games starting on the 7th

Looks like it’s coming from the West as Chamonix seeing the biggest numbers. Imagine that’s good for the French Haute Savoie too

Verbier

Argentiere
ski holidays
Oh that's a good app! Thanks for the tip.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials @0nlyEverBoard#
latest report
@Weathercam, @Raven, yes after appearing for four or five runs on GFS it goes up in puff of smoke on the 00hr run last night , let’s hope it appears back on the 6am run this morning ! When watching the GFS I’ve always like this

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/precipitations/3h.htm
snow report
Weathercam wrote:
Well our 40 odd cms have disappeared this morning from two forecasts, now it's only yr showing it, and I have a nasty feeling that they too will update to denada Sad

Yep that's been reduced now to 7 cm rolling eyes
snow report
Fingers crossed for my La Plagne off piste trip starting the 18th…
ski holidays
As has been mentioned before on the weather thread - don't read too much into individual forecast figures at these sort of timescales, as they are usually derived from individual model ensemble members which can change wildly every few hours.

For 5+ (or even 3+) days ahead, look at the general trend on the models. At the moment the general trend is still very unsettled for the western Alps later next week, so it still looks promising if you're based / heading there!
snow conditions
Quote:

For 5+ (or even 3+) days ahead, look at the general trend on the models. At the moment the general trend is still very unsettled for the western Alps later next week, so it still looks promising if you're based / heading there!

Absolutely this. The OP run is very much the outlier on the 00 and 06 GFS runs from 7-10th March. I tend to look at the mean 5+ days out and that is still looking good!
latest report
Another website to add to the many to check... https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/week/soldeu_world_3038999

It seems that we're getting in on the 7, 8, 9th March snow act. This has been consistent on the GFS run for the last few days and is now starting to show on the forecasts that look 6-7 days ahead. It was previously only showing on YR's 10 day forecast.

This time last week, I had a day off because it was all a bit warm and ropey. Since then we've had over 50cm fall. Fingers crossed that we continue to get a regular top up.
ski holidays
And it's back again but Thurs/Fri now 9-10th

https://www.meteociel.fr/tendances/1900/la_salle_les_alpes.htm

The fact that there are 30 odd SH's coming to Serre on Saturday 11th for an Off-Piste bash when currently unless you travel 3hrs to S Italy as there is no off-piste here does make all this a wee bit more pertinent on here Toofy Grin
snow report
Nice surprise this morning on the early morning run. Maybe just maybe.

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy