Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many pairs of skis do you have?

How many pairs of skis do you have?
No skis
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
1 pair
26%
 26%  [ 30 ]
2 pairs
21%
 21%  [ 25 ]
3 pairs
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
4 pairs
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
5 pairs
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
6 pairs
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
7 pairs
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
8 pairs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9 or more pairs
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Voted : 115
Total Votes : 115

Poster: A snowHead
2 altho my brand new pair of Nordica Hot Rod Eliminator's may be for sale if anyone is interested? Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris, Laughing oh dear...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only ever hire skis now tho' I do have an old pair of Salomon skis (F9 model? about 15 years old) which are about 195cm long. I stopped taking them when I switched to carvers and I often wonder whether I can still ski with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
None, because skiing is sooooooooooo gay wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, you didn't read my definition at the beginning, did you? wink

Quote:

For the purposes of this poll a pair of skis, a pair of blades and a snowboard all count as "a pair of skis". I think we should only count skis that are currently skiable. I've learnt my lesson and this time I'm using all the options I've been given.

NehNeh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I will bite, even if just to justify hitting the 9 or more option

Note these are skis that I actually have used within the last 12 months. I have a significant amount older skis in various perfectly good condition (including some just pre carver race dept skis still in the shrink wrap)

165cm Dynastar Omeglass 63 for SL (was 157cm older 64's but a shop screwed up after servicing Little Angel )
178cm Dynaster Speed 63 GS
183cm Volkl P60 GC For all mountain cruising - Now in storage in Whistler
185cm Volkl P60 GC Race Dept for GS Racing - Now in storage in Whistler
188cm Nordic Beast Fat skis for powder - Now in storage in Whistler
155cm Fischer RC4 SC for Dry slope / Indoor snow SL
215cm Salomon Downhill skis (for those odd downhills.........great fun)
200 & 210cm Kaestle Super G - for a flat out empty groomer at the the start of the day if its empty and have the time

+ the 165cm Race Dept Volkl Racetiger SL that have been at the importer for 2 weeks while they decide if the ski delaminating is a warranty issue. Will be replaced with something ASAP

Oh and some 191cm(?) Atomic 10'22 GS skis that I have just remembered that I need to put some bindings on. Really good, picked up for $10 in Canada, should be good for a Super G next year without having to take yet another pair over there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoppo wrote:
ssnowman, you didn't read my definition at the beginning, did you? wink

Quote:

For the purposes of this poll a pair of skis, a pair of blades and a snowboard all count as "a pair of skis". I think we should only count skis that are currently skiable. I've learnt my lesson and this time I'm using all the options I've been given.

NehNeh

You're right, I apologise.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Survey ought also to read - and how many have you skied/ridden in the last season in which case my answer reduces somewhat,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh in that case,

add a Atomic alibi snowboard to the above list
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it is just those used in the last season then my 9+ goes down to 4. One pair just for one run.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno wrote,

Quote:
SkiBod, Thanks for that, I think I'd probably need the same as you, what size are yours as I seem to remember you were the same height as me?

They are 160s and I think I am 5'6" ish.

Edge 2 Edge stocked them last season and hired them for £70 for the week (from memory) ~ and I think they do a full money back on hire fee if you buy a brand new pair within a month or so of your return.

I really do like the K2 One Luvs, and find them very stable at speed and good in different conditions, but a friend who I went skiing with this season had hired Volkl Attivas. We swapped for a day and she really preferred the Attivas, and thought mine were too heavy and not as nippy. Whereas I thought the Attivas were a bit 'squirrely' and less stable on crud, etc ~ so it may be worth hiring in resort and trying to check out two or three pairs as there does seem to be a lot of personal preference involved.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK - I'll play too: 6 pairs
163 Zag Le Rouge (currently brand new) for days when I do off piste or very heavy end of season snow
155 Fischer RC4 WC SC daily ski
163 Volkl P50 slaloms my current rock skis
Salomon snowblades (very old)
Rossignol Free ZB 139 mini skis (never tried)
Snowboard - 154, inherited (literally) cr*p

I'm not counting my old Head CyberSpace 170's in my dad's shed cos they're going in the bin and the Volkls will be in their place after the summer. Guess what I'll get to replace the current Fischers???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fatbob wrote:
Survey ought also to read - and how many have you skied/ridden in the last season in which case my answer reduces somewhat,

Skis owned 3 pairs

2 Pairs Head WC SL (Race Dept) 165 - pair for training the other for racing
1 Pair Head WC SL - waiting to be destroyed by Dendix

Pairs skied last winter. 50 + thanks to the SIGB test in Pila
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1 Pair of B2s what more could a man need?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rob D, 2 pairs of B2's? Toofy Grin

These polls are leaving me feeling a bit deprived, I've only got one pair of skis...
snow report
Only two for me.

184cm Dynastar 8000 - for anything I want to do on snow (at present Wink )
160cm Fischer RC4 SC - for Dendix.

Arguably though I could go for 3 as I still have my Rossi 2Xs and they are in approximately the same condition as the last time I skied them - with 3 blown out edges.
snow report
Rob D wrote:
1 Pair of B2s what more could a man need?

Well said that man, although I do have a pair of Atomics that I bought first but pretty much trashed on the stones of Sauze.
ski holidays
Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots. Toofy Grin
latest report
Hoppo, Maybe the real question is 'how many pairs of ski's should I own?' wink
latest report
I now have three pairs (volkls Gone). Which incidently have cost me £16 + One service.
ski holidays
no skis, why bother when i can beg borrow or steal what ever i need when i need it Toofy Grin
latest report
CEM, I did consider a 'how many pairs of boots do you have?' poll - but I assumed that the answer would be either 0 or 1 - except for you and SZK Toofy Grin
latest report
Hoppo, well, 2 here, one for each pair of skis!
snow conditions
GrahamN, you mean on top of not having enough ski-ing holidays and skis, I also don't have enough pairs of ski boots Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Hoppo, if you need any more help with your feelings of inadequacy...glad to be of assistance Wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Boots - 5 pairs
Old pair of downhill boots I haven't used for a couple of years
Pair of Scarpa AT boots
Pair of Crispi CXT tele boots - these are seeing the most use at them moment
Pair of Fischer combi boots (XC and I bought them too big)
Pair of Fischer P5000 Pilot Pursuit boots - brand new, but last seasons sitting in their box in the car at this very minute unused, purchased last night, two sizes smaller than the combi boots.
snow report
2 pairs of boots here as well, the first pair I bought for £25 (cheaper than renting) and then a proper pair when I realised the first were too loose.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 23-06-06 10:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

175cm Movement Thunder
180cm Made'n AK.

Both going to New Zealand in August to hitch a ride on a helicopter.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have one pair of boots but there are 14 pairs in our 'cave' belonging to our returning visitors.
snow report
I was good and didn't count my ancient Fischer RC4s. I ski 2 weeks a season, mostly, so purchase seems pointless - and an extra hassle at the airport. I have had no trouble hiring current skis which work well for me. B2s lately, though B3s when I had my accident (recovering nicely, thank you).
ski holidays
3 For me.

Fischer RC4 Race SCs
Salomon Streetracer 8s
Fischer Snowblades.

As you may have guessed I'm a bit of a piste junkie, yet to be converted from carving to powder... it may happen yet.

Not counting the 2m K2 downhill skis or equally appalling Salomon equipe 2s, of an equally inappropriate length, currently in my cellar. Might donate them to a museum if they fitted in the car...
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
Quite fancy 179cm soft Bro Models with Dynafit bindings at the mo...

There are no big disadvantages to the Dynafits but lots of niggles... personally I would go for either the TLT Speeds or the Vertical Race Ti but I have never used the riser on mine when climbing so think the half step riser could be useful. PM me if you want to ask any questions about this binding, there is also a lot of information about Dynafit on my site.
ski holidays
I've voted and just realised I got it wrong Sad Blame the vino and the Swiss victory Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy