Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet hand baggage vs ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I'm off to Switzerland on Friday and am flying EJ with the extra, paid-for hand luggage which entitles me to 1 'large' carry on bag (56cm x 45 x 25) and 1 'under seat' bag (46cm x 36 x 20)

Is it a fool's errand to try and take my boots do we think? Might end up bloody wearing them on the flight at this rate. They probably have some stupid rule about that
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My husband and another chappy on our outbound flight both took their ski boots in the hand luggage in December. They had the Lange duo bootbag (and got them mixed initially after security!).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I regularly take them as hand luggage as do many other snowHead 's). I use a cabin bag that just meets their max dimensions and no issue. I have seen people (very) occasionally having problems with traditional shape boot bags though.

Only other problem I've seen is Grenoble airport security (not airline) refusing to let ski boots through in hand luggage and sending people back to check-in. Not recently though as I avoid the place.

They won't let you wear then though as they'd be a concern in an emergency.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
joelhopwood,

We travel with Easyjet 5 or 6 times each season, with "under-seat bag" only - and take our skiboots each time in said bag. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant, thanks eveyone
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Similar to @adithorp, my ski boots fit into my large cabin bag, stuff them with socks, pants etc. With "under seat" cabin bag too, I manage to fit boots, helmet and a week's worth of ski & leisure gear (minus skis Very Happy )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great to hear. Bad enough not being able to take my skis, hiring boots and helmet which I have sitting at home would be so annoying!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@joelhopwood, but wouldn't ski carriage be similar to ski hire charge i.e. you might as well take them if you don't mind the faff.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bergmeister, @Kennyboyo, what size boot bag do you have them in for "under seat"?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm getting a lift with a mate in his car so it's the pfaff really. Not sure if he has a ski rack etc
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joelhopwood wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm off to Switzerland on Friday and am flying EJ with the extra, paid-for hand luggage which entitles me to 1 'large' carry on bag (56cm x 45 x 25) and 1 'under seat' bag (46cm x 36 x 20)

Is it a fool's errand to try and take my boots do we think? Might end up bloody wearing them on the flight at this rate. They probably have some stupid rule about that

easily do-able, I've done it with EJ and RA (who have smaller dimensions for their 2 cabin bag priority ticket) with boots and a helmet. I put one boot and the helmet in the wheelie case (which then keeps that under 10kg for RA rules) and one boot in the under seat rucksack and pack everything else I need in and around the boots and helmet.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 20-02-23 16:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski wrote:
@Bergmeister, @Kennyboyo, what size boot bag do you have them in for "under seat"?

It's a backpack of the exact maximum size specified by Easyjet. We found them on amazon for about 35 quid.

Despite being "under-seat" size, we have usually managed to squeeze them into an overhead locker. wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@t44tomo, that is an idea of genius, splitting the boots in that way. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
@t44tomo, that is an idea of genius, splitting the boots in that way. Very Happy

Thank you, I was pleased with myself when I came up with it snowHead

Hand luggage only is pretty handy for a long weekend away. Saves any faff on landing so with an early start from UK and a well chosen flight & short transfer destination, you can be skiing by 12.30 local time on your first day.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kennyboyo wrote:
Similar to @adithorp, my ski boots fit into my large cabin bag, stuff them with socks, pants etc. With "under seat" cabin bag too, I manage to fit boots, helmet and a week's worth of ski & leisure gear (minus skis Very Happy )

I do exactly this too. Stuff them full of your small items. Though I take my helmet as my 'underseat bag' because I've got a hardshell case so it won't fit in there.

Wear your jacket, roll and squeeze the air from your salopettes, and roll everything else around your boots. I don't put the boots in a boot bag as they fit better without one.

On the way home from Austria this year, I even had enough space to fit 200 teabag sachets in my case on the way back (I REALLY like the range of fruit teas out there).
snow report
kitenski wrote:

The larger of the cabin bag (wheelie max dimensions off Amazon) contains the boots. The smaller under seat rucksack contains my helmet although many hang it outside theirs and get away with. Only done this with EJ, never had the pleasure / misfortune of flying Ryanair
ski holidays
I always take my boots in this Rossignol bootbag rucksack as my hand luggage. Has little pockets for ipad, headphones, passport etc so its ideal

https://www.glisshop.co.uk/boot-bags/rossignol/hero-dual-boot-bag20541720
ski holidays
Kennyboyo wrote:
kitenski wrote:

. Only done this with EJ, never had the pleasure / misfortune of flying Ryanair

we fly RA this year, my underseat rucksack (that had one boot in it) was a bit over their stated sized but they didn't bat an eyelid. similar my mate had a "boot shaped boot bag" as his under seat bag, which is completely wrong dimensions, but does fit under the seat, and they were fine with that too. Their main concern seems to be getting all the wheelie cases into the overhead bins.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy