Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiBig3 / Sunshine Village Ski Passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We are heading back out to Banff in January next year. I wondered if anyone had any advice/tips on getting the best deal on ski passes. We'll be looking to ski for 12 days, and will spend most of the time at Sunshine Village, maybe visit Lake Louise for a day.

Any idea on how to get the best deal? Is it better to buy out there, or in advance etc? When we went in 2022 we took advance of a 'Buy One Ski Pass, Get One Free' from Crystal which appeared around summer 2021.

Thanks in advance Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy one get one free likely to be your best bet, but there's also other options, i've written about this in the past, but i'll pull some figures out for you again:

I'm going to use March 2023 dates for comparison and i'm not including tax either

Ski Big 3 (includes skiing at Sunshine, Norquay and Lake Louise)
12 day ticket CAD 1825 per person

Sunshine Super Card (can be used at Sunshine, Jasper Marmot Basin and Revelstoke)
CAD 149 upfront
Day 1, 4 and 7 are all free, so you have to pay 9 x CAD 156
Total cost CAD 1553

Ikon pass
Includes 7 days at any of the Banff resorts for USD 1229/ CAD 1655
Ikon Base pass
Includes 5 days at any of the Banff resorts for USD 919/ CAD 1237

Plus you'd need to buy additional days, and you could mix that with the Sunshine super card.

So it comes down to a matter of flexibility. You cheapest option (ignoring any 2-4-1 deals) is a Sunshine supercard, plus a 1 day pass at LL if that's what you choose to do. Then the Ski Big 3 option, then Ikon pass + sunshine super card.

Where your thoughts might change is, if you're also likely to ski in Europe as well, an Ikon pass might be worthwhile as it'll also include the Dolomites, Kitzbühel, Zermatt, Grandvalira Andorra and Chamonix
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is such great info, thanks very much!

I'll keep an eye out for another BOGOF offer, but if that those appear, this will be extremely handy.

Thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On the Super Card, are those rates correct? IIRC it gives you $20-30 off the daily lift ticket as well (depending on day - weekends are less discounted). You can also pick one up very cheap if you buy them at the right time. I’ve bought one for less than $80CAD in an early bird sale before now.

Louise also does a similar thing, can’t remember what it’s called but if you plan on doing a day or more there it’s also worth getting. Even if you only do one day there, if you can pick the Lake Louise card up in a sale before you go then you’re saving on that day’s skiing as the first day is included with the card purchase.

That said, a buy one get one free sounds like a pretty good deal!

Ms T.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mistress Twerkle, the Lake Louise card is called the Lake Louise Plus card.

In terms of discount on the other days, the website says this:

"ADDITIONAL SAVINGS ON ALL OTHER VISITS TO SUNSHINE VILLAGE:

$50 OFF! Ski for as low as $106.00+GST for Adults and $70.00 for Seniors & Youth in November and May*, and Midweek days* (Monday through Thursday) at Sunshine Village. $30 OFF! Ski for as little as $126.00 for Adults and $90.00 for Seniors & Youth on weekends. *Midweek $30 OFF Discount Days apply on the following midweek dates December 26 to 30, 2022; February 17 & 20, 2023; March 27 to 31, 2023; April 7 & 10, 2023; May 22, 2023. Every time you use your card at Sunshine Village, you receive at least a $30 OFF the $156.00+GST price."

So yes, I actually read it incorrectly, there's CAD 50 off one Monday-Thursdays. Well spotted!

So it depends on when OP travels, but lets assume they ski 15-26 Jan 2024 it would be:

Upfront $149
Day 1 Mon 15th Jan $0
Day 2 Tues 16th Jan $106
Day 3 Weds 17th Jan $106
Day 4 Thurs 18th Jan $0
Day 5 Fri 19th Jan $156
Day 6 Sat 20th Jan $156
Day 7 Sun 21st Jan $0
Day 8 Mon 22nd Jan $106
Day 9 Tues 23rd Jan $106
Day 10 Weds 24th Jan $106
Day 11 Thurs 25th Jan $106
Day 12 Fri 26th Jan $156

For a total of $1253 + tax, so $300 cheaper than what I originally said.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
swskier, The $50 off is only for dates in November and May - generally its $30 off - still worth having though along with the 4th & 7th free days Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bones, reading that text I think it says, $50 off during November and May (as in any day) and then Mon-Thurs also. Except December 26 to 30, 2022; February 17 & 20, 2023; March 27 to 31, 2023; April 7 & 10, 2023; May 22, 2023 when it's $30.

But it's not particularly clear the way it's written out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
swskier,
Quote:

But it's not particularly clear the way it's written out.

Cant disagree with this - and you're probably right, after rereading it again.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bones, yeah I had to read it a couple of times. Either way if its $30 off not $50, just add an extra $120 to overall total.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy