Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My skiing Goals for next year - WARNING -May have skiing content

Poster: A snowHead
1 Back Corries at Nevis
2 Glen Coe (only scottish resort i've never been to)
3 Tiger (never been down it)
4 Glas Maol (88-89 was my last slide and it was superb 4 consecutive days blue skies best skiing I’ve ever had)
5 One trip to USA and one to Europe (looks like i've got a trip to Spain sorted for Jan 2007)
latest report
 brian
brian
brian wrote:

3. Get #1 son skiing parallel.

Quote:

4. Get #2 son skiing with the rest of us.

Ok, I need stretch goals. Pesky easiski rolling eyes wink Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
1. Not to join threads two days late.
2. To always keep looking up the hill once I've stopped
3. To ski another black
4. Not to throw the stick-things down in disgust.
5. To keep Eeyore up past midnight
Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jerry wrote:

Wink

Weren't they going on ebay when you got home? wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, snowball,

Sorry, missed the update on this..

I'll be in Engelberg but haven't nailed it down when yet. I have a friend out there who is pretty sorted, don't know if she will be teaching this year. I'd like to get abit further afield with a guide or two....haven't spoke to her about it yet... As far as I know a few SH's talked about the place last year so maybe a mini meet is poss'

Re LG, Probably late Feb/early Mar and not sure where to base ourselves. Can't quite get my bearings or decide whether to hire a car but I'd expect a few peeps to be about.
As you can tell, I'll be going, just haven't crossed the t's ot dotted the i's

All to play for, any ideas..??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My skiing goals:
1. Ski at least 5 new ski areas.
2. Not make the same mistakes I made this year
3. Make all new ones!
4. Enjoy my slope time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian,

I've talked to Graham about this and the jist is when and where. I am following the PSb thread where peeps are going via Turin. The car hire might be cheaper from that side although I haven't scoped out what the drive over passes might entail at that time.

Is Turin something to think about from the North? I think G is away this weekend but if we can settle in some sleepy village and good hotel - the one Arno mentions sounds good - I'm fine with that, a few beers and I'm done most nights. 7-8 days with options to travel sounds good but I don't know the area so where to stay is bugging me.

Have you got prices for flights into GVA and a car that will ship/squeeze 4/5 skiers around for the duration..?? I'll forward Graham's dates to you. I'll have no pref from this distance.

Arno,

Since you own the place surely we can tie up a few days...Laughing

I've stayed in Alagne when the Swedes bugged out...how dead can dead be..?? It made la trinte feel like the reeperbahn..!!! LaughingLaughingLaughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Wink

Weren't they going on ebay when you got home? wink
That was the boots - realised they make good plantpots or bookends though Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, incidentally, I have a skiing goal for you . . . not to ski over my hand in future. And if you do, to at least realise.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nickski,

Did I? when ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At the top of the race course. I was sat chatting to Mr and Mrs Homphomp and you skied down, with great finesse, right up until the point you spun your skis around to stop . . . but you did it over my hand and didn't even realise. I was not amused !!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nickski,

I'm sorry, didn't realise that at all...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hmmm... maybe not next year... but the long term ski goals are starting to reform (I'd run out of longer term goals... need to see my instructors about that!)

Much work on fore/aft and lateral balance awareness.... Have some of this program - must get more!

Nail down ILE transition... so it is much more consistent

Learn pivot/retraction as transistion... need to be much better at pressure control for this

Faster feet!

better at bumps...

Back country skiing - need to improve navigation skills to level suitable for non-visual navigation stuff... and get MUCH better tent... 3 season does not make happy snow camping

As part of above - start working on skiing front country in light touring gear (buy light touring gear? or hire?)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, forgiven. I'll stop plotting my revenge now.

My skiing goal: to whup Kramer in the race at the event that must not be names.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
La Grave stuff moved to the Trips section.
snow report
JT wrote:
Arno, snowball,

Sorry, missed the update on this..

I'll be in Engelberg but haven't nailed it down when yet. I have a friend out there who is pretty sorted, don't know if she will be teaching this year. I'd like to get abit further afield with a guide or two....haven't spoke to her about it yet... As far as I know a few SH's talked about the place last year so maybe a mini meet is poss'

Re LG, Probably late Feb/early Mar and not sure where to base ourselves. Can't quite get my bearings or decide whether to hire a car but I'd expect a few peeps to be about.
As you can tell, I'll be going, just haven't crossed the t's ot dotted the i's

All to play for, any ideas..??

I'm due a couple of trips at least to CH in Jan /Feb so would love to hook up with some others with local off piste knowledge or guides in places like E berg & Andermatt.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob,

I'm going to Engelberg almost for sure, don't know when exactly but Jan/Feb would leave room for LG later. I think there were a few others who might meet up so it could be fun... I tend to leave these arrangement loose and firm them up closer to the time. Stay in touch
snow report
Nickski, I think a fair few snowHeads share your aims!
snow report
To see ski legend David Goldsmith in action against his toughest challenger in Wimbledon in November.

Confirmation received that both parties with be present and possibility of free drinks - though not at Mr. G's or the challenger's expense I should point out.
latest report
Kramer, But if you come out again (PSB?) and do some actual race training, or spend a good portion of next winter in the alpes, they won't stand a chance will they???? Very Happy
snow report
My skiing goals are probably exactly the same as last years, and are totally unacheivable, so I am going to come up with another one. I want to ski with style. Normally I want to keep up with the kids.
snow report
Jerry wrote:
5. To keep Eeyore up past midnight
Wink

So you'll be bringing the ProPlus then? i'll take all the help I can get... snowHead
ski holidays
easiski, unfortunately it's not looking like I'm going to get too much time on the slopes this winter, but we shall see. rolling eyes
snow report
1 To ski 5 weeks

2 To ski somewhere in Switzerland

3 To ski at EOSB

4 To get a bit further up the race result list....not any chance of beating RachelQ so I'm not going to try!

5 To get some off piste lessons in....

6 ....to ski off piste without a major head moment!

7 To ski bumps without landing on my head

8 To be significantly fitter and less lardy
snow report
homphomp, An excellent list, all of which I would also like to do.
I would like to add a 9th:

9 To achieve at least one of the above 8 Very Happy
ski holidays
To see a video of me skiing, and not say "FFS, do I really ski like THAT?!"
latest report
laundryman,

Got that tee-shirt... LaughingLaughing
latest report
laundryman, I have just seen a video of me at the EoSB race. I know how you feel.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
homphomp, An excellent list, all of which I would also like to do.
I would like to add a 9th:

9 To achieve at least one of the above 8 Very Happy

But which one?? Go on, challenge yourself, try for two!
snow conditions
homphomp, 8 & 4. That gives me 3 as doing #4 would automatically qualify me for #3 snowHead
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, So all we need now is for EOSB to be moved to Switzerland and we're sorted!
snow conditions
homphomp, Well if #8 comes true then it may result in 7,6,& 5. And if the EoSB is moved to Switzerland and is extended to 3 weeks then I/We will have a full house Very Happy
snow report
Eeyore, Training - while everyone else is down the gym building up their quads, you need to be staying up a bit later every night Very Happy
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
homphomp, Well if #8 comes true then it may result in 7,6,& 5. And if the EoSB is moved to Switzerland and is extended to 3 weeks then I/We will have a full house Very Happy

Except for #4....that may take a few more years of practice!
ski holidays
Jerry wrote:
Eeyore, Training - while everyone else is down the gym building up their quads, you need to be staying up a bit later every night Very Happy

Cheeky monkey!! that said, maybe I should adapt that particular goal into acquiring a taste for vodka & redbull Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
vodka & redbull??

Just what we need, a trainee drinker with the energy to go on all night rolling eyes Imagine the energiser bunny, but pished.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy