Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El Tarter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unfortunately no baqueira beret for me, instead we're now going to Andorra.

We are staying in the hotel del clos, does anyone know how far this is from teh slopes/telecabine? What's El tarter like as a village and will there be huge lift queues during feb half term 18th onwards? Lastly, what are the hypothetical worst snow conditions you could expect there in february?

I know this is a long list but it would be great if someone who knows Grandvalira well could give me some information as there is little. especially about the hotel.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed in del clos a few times about 5 min walk accross the road and up to slopes queues as bad as every where at half term -snow should be no prob-and of course theres cheap booze etc Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lapalma, hypothetical worst snow conditions- well no snow obviously! Thats pretty unlikely though. I've skied Pas at half term and it was sweet!

Go to Caldea for the day- the best Spa ever!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lapalma, I have been to andorra in February for the last five years. We have always had excellent snow cover and conditions. One year about three years ago a metre of snow fell in 24 hours ! Now the full area is linked you can ski from Pas across to Canillo no problem - even a blue runner could do it, although there are more challenging routes if you fancy it !

I also recommend Nadenoodlee idea of Caldea - well worth the trip.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lapalma, forgot about their website. Its in summer mode at the moment but as its the longest day soon - winter is on its way.

www.grandvalira.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lapalma, we've been to Soldeu 3 times in 3 years. Always early Feb and the snow has been good. With the linked slopes and ski pass it makes getting across the area really easy
check our site for a few write ups
http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
" hypothetical worst snow conditions- well no snow obviously!" You know what I mean . Andorra has had good conditions for the past few years and so it might be reasonable to expect a worse year soon, I was thus asking if anyone can remember what conditions were like in februaries past with scant snow.

Thanks for the advice anyway, Redrunmarcus, is the 5 minute walk a problem, and if so should we get a locker at the gondola.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lapalma, was not a prob seem to remember the tour co had ski locker at foot of slopes so if not provided might be worthwhile you have to try the hot chocolate and brandy on the slopes -more brandy than hot choc -in fact ask for separate brandy so as not to cool the hot choc too much Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe,

Why do you always go to Andorra?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Stayed at the Del Clos a couple of years ago. Really nice. Cheapest bar bill ever!

Hotel is at the top of a short but steep hill. OK in the morning. Skis and boots in the garage iunder the hotel. Easy walk DOWN to the lifts. Get there early, esp 1st day if your in ski school! Lift queues were a bit angry....at times....prob due to being a bit slow.

Worst thing is the long long walk back then up the hill at the end of the day. Dump the skis and boots in the garage, then go to the barand get a drink! Happy Hour 5 till 7!

Busy road at the foot of the hill - on a bend so be carefull!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy