Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Hampshire/Surrey snowHeads (and any other southern jessies too!)

Poster: A snowHead
ski, hear, hear.

GrahamN, re issues with hips and A frames. Sounds like what Arno and I were working on the other weekend. You'd better try as lesson at the PSB as this is deffo paying client stuff!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, yes, when I saw his trip report I thought exactly the same - particularly as I was soooo tempted when Arno sort of offered an open invitation to join him Very Happy. Andy and Olly gave me some good tips when they came over the other week though, so we'll see how things go over the next few months - but I'll be disappointed if I don't have that sorted before Nov Wink .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, Twisted Evil OK that's it, I'll see YOU outside, right now! Twisted Evil wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have now sorted most of my photos from Aldershot last Saturday.

Graham has these sequences (several small parts of the original pictures pasted together):

Ray, I am sorry Ray but I only got these two as a very short sequence

There are slightly bigger versions on snowMedia. I would be happy to post a CD with copies of all of the originals to Graham and Ray, just need some addresses.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Adrian - nice sequences there Very Happy well done.

Are you not going to put up the sequence where Graham fell over and then turned into a cat/pheasant snowHead ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That was a most impressive fall, particularly the final transformation. It needs a bit more polishing before being published.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Pheasant! Don't you mean cat? Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Adrian, wow thanks for that - it tells me a huge amount about what to fix and practice next Blush . It may just be that the angles are more flattering to the left hand turn than the right, but that A-frame, and even snowplough (!) on the right-handers and transition to left handers is pretty horrible. I'm fairly happy with the left-handers and entry to the right handers as seen here though. Interestingly, my major recent falls have been overbalancing to the inside of the LH turns at the top of the slope as I've got my CoM too far inside the turn but not had enough speed to get around the corner before gravity takes over. I see now why it doesn't happen on the RH turns - I'm practically standing straight up on the inside ski - but that probably explains why I have so much trouble skidding and dropping low - and occasional ski out - as I come out of that turn. I do like the 2nd and last shots on the poles sequence though - look at those poles bend! Thanks.

That fall you have on camera must have been good - as I've completely erased it from my memory and can't now remember anything about it at all - or even that it happened!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GrahamN, before being over critical remember that the camera angle was offset from your direction of travel and so turns to one side will appear different to those the other side.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Adrian, don't say that - the fact that the camera doesn't prove I'm rubbish on the LH turns is my only hope that I'm not equally rubbish on both sides Very Happy !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, from having seen you ski, I don't think that those photos do you justice mate.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, very kind of you to say so old chap....but if that's true, it just goes to prove the basic point of this thread, skiing on that white frozen stuff that fall outta the sky is easy (as eny fule no - or at least until you get to ice or prepared race pistes), but a) putting an obstacle course in the way and b) doing it on plastic really punishes any faults that you can hide and get away with on snow, but can't on plastic. The thing that plastic doesn't do though of course (well most of the time) is surface variablility - so you don't get that practice at reacting to the feel of the terrain and the snow underfoot.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or perhaps when you're skiing in these races, you're concentrating on one aspect of your skiing, to the detriment of others? Perhaps if you were more relaxed you would make prettier (not necessarily faster) turns?

Agreed about Dendix being a very unforgiving surface though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer, Fast turns done well are generally pretty too - Did Tom ski on Sat? Watch him if you get a chance. He's a totally unnatural skier and has absolutely learned to ski well and fast. Really.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
easiski, I wasn't there on Saturday, I saw GrahamN ski at the event that musn't be named, where I thought that he looked quite pretty. wink
ski holidays
Quote:

The thing that plastic doesn't do though of course (well most of the time) is surface variablility - so you don't get that practice at reacting to the feel of the terrain and the snow underfoot.

Haven't you seen the ruts at Aldershot at the end of the day ? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
slikedges,

Quote:

ski, OK that's it, I'll see YOU outside, right now!

Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing wink
ski holidays
Kramer, Sorry - misunderstood Embarassed
snow conditions

Not GrahamN and not pretty either.
snow report
After masses of hard work with a picture editing program I am proud to present "The Fall". This fall is notable for the fallee hiding behind a green garbed Poma rider while executing the early stages of the fall. Only after laying neatly down on the dendix did the fallee slide into view.

And, it is not a cat.

{Edit, fix spelling}

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 4-07-06 19:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Adrian, Did you get any photos of me by chance?
ski holidays
Yes Dunk, several. I thought I had sent you a PM about them.
latest report
I have not recieve a pm... any safe to publish? wink
snow report
Adrian, SORRY, I did not look though Puzzled Yes ok put what you wish on the media site

THANK YOU
snow conditions
Dunk, won't be the same though as Adrian didn't have audio on the camera too!!! And that sequence looks just like I'm stopping for a gentle snooze....clearly I need lessons from the master Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
GrahamN, It must be the skiing brings out the Twisted Evil in me normally I am so quiet Blush
snow report
Here are some sequences of Dunk. First a training run, then between the poles and lastly ignoring the poles.

snow conditions
GrahamN, Did you call that a FALL... wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, first thouights, need to keep hips in alignment with skis look like I learnt to ski 25 years ago on planks Shocked
latest report
Adrian, thank you, I am probably teaching kids in the last strip performing my kangeroo hands for them to copy. rolling eyes
snow report
Adrian, [sound effects]Chunter, chunter, chunter[/sound effects]
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, At the moment I sound like Sid James Very Happy
latest report
Dunk, Dead??? Shocked
snow report
Excellent photos.Adrian, . Perhaps official tour photographer at the EOSB07 ? Very Happy
snow report
IncogSkiSno, possibly not that bad, at least I do not believe so.
ski holidays
Hmmm Frosty the Snowman, all I did was point the camera in the general direction of the skiers and let it do all the complicated stuff. I'm sure you would like to see the photos that I missed by not operating the simple controls correctly! I would like to see them as well.
ski holidays
Dunk, that looks none too shabby at all to me - and your leg position looks fundamentally way better than mine. Maybe if you get the outside hand round to the pole more that'll straighten your body up, and take you forward to attack the turn a bit more. You can probably also be a bit tighter on the poles - but the line around the stubbies looks pretty good (the usual thing of we all are far happier taking a tighter line when we're not worried about getting a clout in the face with 6' of plastic). But why am I saying all this - you're the one with the instructor qualification, not me Very Happy . I was only .5sec ahead of you on those Funstar timings, and given that I'm the one in practice it looks as if I'll have to buck my ideas up PDQ to stop you getting ahead of me before long (although in LSERSA I guess I'm in the agegroup above you atm)!

Have you signed up for Brentwood yet? You've got until midnight tomorrow (ok today....Weds anyway) before the price goes up; www.lsersa.org. ski and narrowlast are the other snowHeads who'll be there.
snow conditions
GrahamN, can not do Brentwood, working this weekend, but should be able to make last two in Bromley. The Southern race in Bracknell has been cancelled but again I will be going to the Southhampton one. I can vouch for the clout in the face with the plastic pole, helmet with a chin guard is my next purchase.
snow report
GrahamN, Not wishing to flog a dead horse, but compare Dunk,'s hip position to yours. Very Happy
latest report
easiski, absolutely. It doesn't take unnatural clarivoyance to work out what I'm going to be concentrating on this evening Very Happy !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy