Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Playful/Easy Offpiste Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

Can discount pretty much all of the Blizzards and K2 Mindbender 99 because they weigh a fair bit more than mine do

New Blizzard Rustler and Hustler (Hustler is the touring version) should be pretty light and fit the bill, no?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@clarky999, Rustler 10 is a bit long for me at 172 but is 3800g per pair, mine are 3200g so the Rustlers would add 600g straight off. I did look at the Hustle 10 too but again minimum length is 172 and they are 3580g so despite being touring skis they are heavier than my Slight 100s. Ideally want something 165-169 as my previous off piste skis have been 168 and that seemed like enough for when in the trees etc, I’m 165cm tall.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Volkl Blaze 94 in a 165 could be a contender which is very light but not an official touring ski. I don’t necessarily need to go wider than the Slights as been happy skiing in deepish snow of say 12-18 inches on all my previous ‘off piste’ skis which have been anything from 86 to 99 under the foot all in a 168cm length. Never seemed to have any problems on those with float etc and enjoyed the skiing on and off piste, never bothered using my ‘piste’ skis for anything. Or I could go for the K2 Mindbender 106C in 167 length and they are 3300g -not much more than mine but are a fair bit wider. They could be a better option as I’m off to BC again next year so deeper snowfalls would be more likely/consistent to benefit from a wider ski.

I’m off to the Alps next Sat so I will see if there’s any around to try.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy Trying out skis today
Got 3 from the ski shop on hire for the day and can swap them when tested as it doesn’t take long to suss it especially in mixed conditions like there are here at the moment. They are Blizzard Hustle 10 (172) Nordica Santa Ana 93 (169) and Fischer Ranger 102W (169).
But, as luck would have it there’s a ski testing station here by chance with some Faction, Armada and Black Crows to try! A few of them were on my list so that worked out well!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, bought some Hustle 10s in the end. Tried them when I was away in a 172 length and they were super, super fun, not soft and just a blast to ski. Weeny bit heavier than what I had already but none of the others I tried were as fun. Got them from Ekosport, great price including Shift bindings and skins.

Would recommend Ekosport, the price included delivery and customs charges etc, ordered them last Thursday night and they were here today, bindings were fitted by them and they cut the skins too.

Very happy. Luckily I’ve got another week left this season so will take them there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy