Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing/snowboarding research study

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone! I am a college student hoping to learn more about your experiences skiing/snowboarding if you could fill out this 5 minute survey: ( https://byu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4IKL6APT9aj1Mwe ) it would help me out a lot. Thanks!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@skiresearcher, welcome to Snowheads!

It might help if you have some indication of what the aim of your study is, what the data collection standards are (you're posting into a forum where GDPR is likely to be in scope), what happens to the responses, and also whether we'll get any feedback on the outcome.

It looks like you're at Brigham Young University - if your study is targeted at the US skiing market, you've asked for input from the wrong place...

I answered the questions, but they're a little odd. The first question asks how often you ski - most people here will be in the 1-3 times per season bracket, but that's likely to be 18-30 days, and very few even here will select 5+ times per week and if they do it may be for 3-4 hours per day rather than the 7+ that a keen holiday skier tries to fit in to justify the expense.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's one of the shortest surveys I've filled out in a long time. I filled it out from SkiTalk, think I'll fill it out again. Not sure what complants I'll think of. (Odd survey, IMO.)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I clicked on it then decided the first question was so stupid that it wasn't worth the effort. I mean, "how often do you ski?" including five times a week and once a year. Is that one run, one day, one week? Any results will be utterly useless apart from as a page-filler on this school project.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Chaletbeauroc, it's for a "leading" US university, which does lead to the inevitable questions around the quality of their teaching as well as the quality of their students if this is what gets seen in public. Unless of course it is a self-discovery exercise where they do it unaided with no regard to study design, statistical methods, bias, etc and are then shown the error of their ways and taught how to do it properly...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ousekjarr, I did a class project in 4th year primary school (i.e. aged 10 or so) which included conducting a survey of cars parked locally, age, colour, model etc. Even that was better thought out than this questionnaire.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like the rules on https://www.snowboardingforum.com/, from which I'll excerpt a bit:
snowboardingforum.com wrote:
If you want to post a survey (or anything similar - don't get all lawyerish) then you first have to post a short video introducing yourself, explaining the reason and rationale for your survey. Preferably entertaining. We will be the sole judges of whether or not you put enough effort into it to be acceptable.

If you think to bypass this requirement and just post your survey, think again. You have no idea what verbal abuse is really like until you've pissed off the people on this forum. Prepare to have yourself ripped a new one. (Normal rules of moderation do not apply when ripping said orifice)

And if it's not snowboarding-related, and it's your first post, you go straight into ban-and-clean.

That's not the rule here, but I think the points are well made.

This stuff is spam by pretty much any definition. The poster has no history here, it's a hit and run, the post has been repeated verbatim in other forums.
Google suggests that this spam has been indexed elsewhere and then cleaned.
The poster has not even worked out which country this forum's in.
You don't need a profit motive to be a spammer.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy