Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria Carnage (Very Little Snow)

Poster: A snowHead
Folks

Why spend your hard earned money (thousands €€€€ on winter sports) .

France is bad but it really is not that much better in Austria .....

If you end up going to the Higher areas (above 1700metres) they will packed to capacity and your still skiing on narrow icy/sugary manmade pistes .

They will also ramp up the prices to maximise !.

Really reconsider your choices becuase I you really will not enjoy it ...

Save your money !!

A drive from Saalbach to Lech am Arlberg

http://youtube.com/v/fkpMqzT8I9Y

Kirchberg Jan 2nd,

The predictred snow next week will likely not bond to the ground as it is way to warm and the Avalanche danger will be very High for days ...

Already spring follage is appearing on the hills ..

ONLY a sustained longeterm sub zero temperature (few weeks) with a massive dump after can reverse the 2022/2023 season ...

Spokesman from ZAMG (Austrian National Weather Service)

""Our Slopes ar running out of Snow"" !!

http://youtube.com/v/9tiZzyRK6No

and becuase of the increase in Piste Acccidents on the artificial snow its worth reminding about the Rules !!

http://youtube.com/v/5_ZXHh99Yh0

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://youtube.com/v/0losfkS1g00
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, but apart from all that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

http://youtube.com/v/Bm6yYvKbPt4
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We’re heading to Ischgl on 14 Jan, money already spent except food and maybe beer. All the OP gear will stay at home and we’re renting piste skis for the first time. Hopefully it will be a little quieter by then. Stay high and download
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you pays your shillings (see what I did there?) and take your chances

Not everything is cancelable, otherwise I would be heading East.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, if you ever bothered to read other people's posts you would not write such tosh all the time. There are plenty of reports from those who are actually skiing in Austrian resorts as opposed to driving a taxi in Zürich. The general feedback is that while conditions are not ideal there is plenty of reasonable piste skiing to be had. As you well know New Year is always busy and conditions are often poor ( which is why it is usually better to wait until mid January before going skiing). Despite the very warm temperatures there is actually more skiing this year than there has been on a number of occasions in the recent past
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@On the rocks, Ischgl looks like you can still ski back to the village? Enjoy your holiday and ignore the trolling!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Taxi for @Stanton
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That photo of the mogul field in Kirchberg looks like some Dantean circle of Hell Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So speaks another prophet of doom

Gasteinertal was perfectly reasonable last week

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 4-01-23 14:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, Lech is looking lovely!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

@stanton, if you ever bothered to read other people's posts you would not write such tosh all the time. There are plenty of reports from those who are actually skiing in Austrian resorts as opposed to driving a taxi in Zürich

@munich_irish, +1
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@munich_irish, you should know by now that @stanton is a troll. He writes rubbish to generate clicks. I doubt he even skis.

I am in St Anton ATM. Yes, I have seen it better some years, but there is plenty of very enjoyable skiing. Stay on the pistes, and above mid-mountain, and will find plenty to raise a smile.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ulmerhutte wrote:
He writes rubbish to generate clicks. .

is he on the same sweet deal as David Goldfish with Admin then? $20 per click?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Stay on the pistes, and above mid-mountain, and will find plenty to raise a smile.

You sound like Ceefax

ski holidays
@davidof, Very Happy Maybe they should pay me?
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
ulmerhutte wrote:
Stay on the pistes, and above mid-mountain, and will find plenty to raise a smile.

You sound like Ceefax

I’d take those snow depths right now! But even without them the skiing isn’t too bad here in Andorra.
ski holidays
If I had 2 weeks in Scandinavia in March booked I would be feeling quite smug right now Cool Cool snowHead Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 4-01-23 22:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Puzzled
ski holidays
Ehup! StAnton.... troll Number 1..... he's back, not heard from him in ages
snow report
@Gaz_H, unfortunately he climbs out of his crevasse once a day to write drivel. Usually posting videos from the St Anton tourist office and spreading false information
snow conditions
I'm sitting here looking out my window at the Flachau pistes and can tell anyone coming to ski Amade you CAN ski to the valley, there are very little runs closed, pistes are a little icy but there is plenty of good skiing to be had, right down to valley floor, at approx 700m.
Honestly Stanton, this is a very silly post you know nothing of our corner here, maybe by you in Tirol it's pants but over here it's business as usual.
snow report
Gaz_H wrote:

Hold me beer
ski holidays
Looks "terrible" in Ischgl https://www.ischgl.com/en/More/Webcams?tab=webcams

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
@2planks, terrible, don’t go there Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, I'm gutted as its too late to get a refund on my week there in 10 days time, will be packing the MTB gear Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
@2planks, @VolklAttivaS5, Same in Arlberg, sheep/ cows grazing on all upper slopes, all the skiers/ boarders have gone home early, people swimming in the lakes - snow cannons have been sold, lifts being de-comissioned and all the lifties laid-off. rolling eyes
snow report
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
Gaz_H wrote:

Hold me beer

Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
ski holidays
@2planks, @Markymark29, I’d be quite happy if everyone went to France I think that’s best really.
snow conditions
Whitegoldsbrother wrote:
Gaz_H wrote:

Hold me beer

Laughing
snow conditions
Kooky wrote:

Honestly Stanton, this is a very silly post you know nothing of our corner here, maybe by you in Tirol it's pants but over here it's business as usual.

He knows naff all other than what he selectively reads on line. He cuts and pastes links and info anyone could easily find. He ain't even in the Alps.
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
Kooky wrote:

He knows naff all other than what he selectively reads on line. He cuts and pastes links and info anyone could easily find. He ain't even in the Alps.

Quite a few on here that applies to especially if you throw in you tube vids
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
Kooky wrote:

Be fair - he can't see much out his basement
snow conditions
You whinging poms need to clam down and read what I said

stanton wrote:
Folks

If you end up going to the Higher areas (above 1700metres) they will packed to capacity and your still skiing on narrow icy/sugary manmade pistes .

They will also ramp up the prices to maximise !.

The higher ski areas areas in Western Austria above current 1700 metre snowline are getting over crowded ..they are also the most expensive ...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Carnage in Austria

There is no end to the series of accidents

Again numerous skiing accidents with serious injuries on Tyrol's slopes

Three skiing accidents with serious injuries were reported from Sölden. As part of a ski course, a seven-year-old lost control on the blue slope on the Giggijoch and raced uncontrollably towards the valley – getting faster and faster and almost sitting at the ends of the skis. The child eventually crashed into a padded lift support at high speed and suffered serious injuries. The boy was flown by emergency helicopter to Zams hospital.

Also seriously injured was a 44-year-old German in a collision with a 13-year-old on the Giggijoch. The woman was flown by emergency helicopter to the clinic in Innsbruck, the child remained uninjured. A 54-year-old German collided with an unknown man at Tiefenbachferner, fell and was flown into the Medalp in Mils with serious injuries.

In Kühtai, a 19-year-old German tried to overtake a skier and seriously injured his shoulder.

Police need help on this one

A 77-year-old Austrian was also seriously injured in the Bergeralm ski resort in Steinach. On the "Nösslachjoch" run, an unknown skier suddenly crossed the slope in front of the 77-year-old, causing him to fall and seriously injure himself.
A woman – about 45 years old, dressed in red ski pants, a pink ski jacket and a dark helmet – skied on without stopping.
Witnesses of the accident are requested to contact the PI Steinach (Tel. 059133 / 7125)

On the Hintertux Glacier, an eleven-year-old lost control of his skis, broke through the barrier net of a ski school and collided with two children (12 and 7 years) and a 45-year-old. The eleven-year-old was flown to the clinic with spinal injuries, the rest of those involved were slightly injured.

Also in Tux, a 17-year-old collided with a 42-year-old German, the latter was seriously injured in the face and flown to the clinic. The 17-year-old was slightly injured.

In a collision with a 21-year-old in Aschau in the Zillertal, a 45-year-old was thrown against the nearby ski resort panorama board and seriously injured. She was flown by emergency helicopter to the hospital in Schwaz. The 21-year-old also fell, but remained uninjured.

A nine-year-old Dutch woman was caught in Lermoos by a snowboarder (39). The child was injured in the head and lost two incisors. The girl was flown to the clinic.

Police need help on this one.

On the Stubai Glacier, a 48-year-old Romanian was knocked over and injured by an unknown skier on the red-marked "down slope". He was taken to hospital with suspected shoulder dislocation. Witnesses of the accident are requested to contact the PI Neustift (Tel. 059133/7119).

https://www.tt.com/artikel/30842351/wieder-zahlreiche-skiunfaelle-mit-schwerverletzten-auf-tirols-pisten

The Neighbours

http://youtube.com/v/weM8fVANUCk

http://youtube.com/v/tUM3q15KPrA

Madness needs to STOP.. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Stop with Kunstschnee !!
Stop the Brutal Grooming !
snow report
To be fair to the OP (though it's not self-evident that that is a reasonable reaction) there are some poor and/or overcrowded ski conditions in parts of Austria, and some even more poor conditions in parts of France. It's the generalising from the particular which is so tiresome.
ski holidays
Sounds like there’s a few skiing off after a collision there which is bang out of order.
latest report
That happens everywhere, sadly. Those are awful stories but it is deliberately put together as a catalogue of horrors.
latest report
@pam w, to be fair it's been the same in salzburgerland. Deaths and serious injuries
ski holidays
To be fair the situation here in Oberstdorf / Kleinwalsertal is not good. I did two runs yesterday and decided it was not worth the risk of getting mown down by a thousand Dutchmen stuffed onto a couple of icy pistes, so gave up and went for a walk to the Nordic skiing center to watch, in amazement, what those guys get up to!

Mind you it's like this almost every Xmas & NY. Far too many skiers on pistes that are far too narrow and far too icy. There are always a lot of injuries. It will get better from tomorrow onward when they all go home again, and it's even scheduled to snow a bit over the next few days. Better times are coming!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy