Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski + Board show for London this autumn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new show for British skiers and snowboarders is to be launched this autumn at Excel in East London. The three-day show is being launched by Global Snow Shows, the company that runs the ‘British Ski + Board Shows’ at the G-Mex Centre in Manchester and the NEC in Birmingham. The new show will run from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th October 2006, while the show in Manchester will take place on Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th October and the one in Birmingham from Friday 3rd to Sunday 5th November...

All three shows will have tour operators and representatives from hundreds of resorts from Europe and North America, as well some of the UK’s best known outdoor sports retailers, including Ellis Brigham, TSA and Snow + Rock.

There will also be world class skiers and boarders demonstrating freestyle jumps from a 46ft big air ramp, and a teaching slope where intermediate skiers and snowboarders can practice on the rail and rainbow, and beginners can learn the basics from expert instructors.

Other attractions will include a climbing wall, mountain action photography in the John Norris Chamonix Art gallery, and a chance to meet the Venture Challenge Group and see footage of their global adventures.

For more information or advanced bookings call 01580 860 589 or visit www.globalsnowshows.co.uk

Admission will be:
London - £10.90 for adults and £2.00 for children/ concession.
Manchester - £7.50 for adults and £2 for children/ concession.
Birmingham - £10.90 for adults and £2 for children/ concession.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The new show at Excel has been cancelled "due to contractual reasons".
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did the organisers say that? !

If they did, it's a choice phrase. It's highly ambiguous: either there's a problem with a contract, or it's a cover for the show not selling enough space - I'd have thought. The latter seems more probable.

So the Daily Mail (now Metro) maintains its monopoly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, the website: http://www.globalsnowshows.co.uk/ski/player.htm now has no mention of it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was told about a month ago that the show was a non-starter, so I don't know when it was officially cancelled.

Given that it was due to happen this weekend, I should think the organisers knew its fate a couple of months ago. It seems that Excel gave it every opportunity, and I'd imagine the building will be empty this weekend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy