Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super U click and collect

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone successfully done a super u click and collect in moutiers on the way up to 3 valleys? I can’t speak that much french but wondering if it would be a great time saver on the way up to resort. The website looks pretty good.

We have a supermarket next to our apartment but I know the prices will be sky high so only good for the top up groceries.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or the other click and collect seems to intermarche in Albertville
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use the Carrefour one all the time - saves ‘lost hours’ in the fluro-lighting thunderdome!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use the SuperU click and collect at Bourg St Maurice.
You get sent a QR code (and a numeric code) which you scan at a terminal at the pick up point and they bring out the order.
Minimal contact with people and french needed.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Elsie80, let us know how it goes if you use the Moutiers Super U
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

but I know the prices will be sky high

Resort shops are more expensive but the marginal cost difference is not hugely significant in the eye-wateringly expensive context of a ski holiday. A "click and collect" could be well worthwhile but I wouldn't spend hours round a huge and unfamiliar supermarket just to save 30 quid (my time is worth more than £15 an hour.....).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you all.

I agree that sometimes it’s worth just leaving it to the resort supermarkets, but in the past I have found that the shops are sometimes quite limited, are definitely more expensive when your catering for a full week, and fresh products can quickly sell out.

For a family of 4, a few hours to kill before we can check in (not enough to ski), it doesn’t make much difference in time stopping just off the route or doing the shopping when we get there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
muppet wrote:
You get sent a QR code (and a numeric code) which you scan at a terminal at the pick up point and they bring out the order.

yea we use this too.... super easy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
muppet wrote:

yea we use this too.... super easy.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I use the Carrefour one all the time - saves ‘lost hours’ in the fluro-lighting thunderdome!

I read your comment the other day with interest as I was planning to use the Carrefour version ( called Drive ) later in March when visiting Les Coches/Paradiski, via the large Carrefour just outside Grenoble on the Lyon side.

The question I had is if you have any problems not having a French address (other than where you are staying on holiday) and/or not having a French credit card? I'm travelling from Ireland so at least it would be Euro area.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@scotski99, I had this problem a few years ago, but it doesn't seem to be an issue now. My main reason for not using this time is we arrived on Sunday, and couldn't use Drive.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We'll be doing this from the Pringy SuperU on Saturday - seemed like a much easier and cheaper way to cater for 10.

SuperU also deliver in the Belleville valley from Aigueblanche, although only in slightly inconvenient slots mid afternoon.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
has anyone ever done the click and collect from Carre Four in Val Thorens?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy