Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Wedding Europe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone recently got married in Europe on the slopes looking for rough costings and locations.

I know some places legally you can't marry without being a resident for a set amount of time. but happy to do a registry prior

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 26-01-23 22:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would recommend a traditional wedding followed by a honeymoon in the mountains. Rough costumes are never a good idea.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jason.peter1986 wrote:
Has anyone recently got married in Europe on the slopes looking for rough costings and locations

To get legally married in France you need to have lived there for 3 months. Just something to bear in mind.
I had a Catholic ceremony in Chamonix, but signed the register legally at home first.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Friends had a registry wedding here and then a blessing in Megeve. It was a few years ago but was great fun!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jason.peter1986 wrote:
Has anyone recently got married in Europe on the slopes looking for rough costings and locations.

I know some places legally you can't marry without being a resident for a set amount of time. but happy to do a registry prior

I had a winter wedding 8 years ago in Zell Am See, honeymooned in Hinterglemm. Used Inghams and was very easy to sort out.
We had 28 friends and family fly out for the week of the wedding, some of whom had never been to the mountains never mind in winter. Introduced people to skiing and didn’t break anyone. The cost of two weeks skiing and getting married was considerably less than a rip off UK wedding.
All the best,
Andy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What happens if your wedding is on a powder day?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:

No future husband/wife on a powder day
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zikomo wrote:
I would recommend a traditional wedding followed by a honeymoon in the mountains. Rough costumes are never a good idea.

That's not how weddings work. The bride and groom find a place they really want to get married that is of huge cost, hassle, and likely somewhere the majority of guests wouldn't ever choose to visit. The rest is just optional details snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

arrange a 4.45pm wedding in advance Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zikomo wrote:

The idea is a wedding is expensive in blighty, skiing aint cheap combine the 2 for a week of it and potentially the most beautiful photos
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Morzine - check out 8 Bells Wedding photography for some inspiration. The Farm House, Hotel du Lac, Chalet Morin - all fab locations.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been to a wedding at the top of the local mountain, 2 ski instructors getting married. Of course we had to ski down after the reception on the coldest day of the winter. . The bride had enough space under her dress for a pair of ski trousers and managed a couple of layers under her dress. The rest of us were not so fortunate, a suit at -16 doesn't offer much protection from the cold and any of the women only had dresses with tights!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jason.peter1986 wrote:

I'm a ski wedding photographer and I'd love to help! In addition to photographing couples while skiing, I also help them plan! If you're looking for a photographer and some help with the logistics, you can check out my work at skitheday.com and reach out!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier wrote:
ski wrote:

No future husband/wife on a powder day

Very Happy Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jason.peter1986,

I used to work for them and have worked weddings. Chilly Powder in Prodains (Morzine) can organise everything. Summer and Winter
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy