Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier - recommendations for private refresher for Mrs R

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year Mrs R lost her confidence due to a combination of soft snow and je ne sais! Mrs R has been skiing reds confidently for 20yrs but probably needs a bit of positive encouragement and at the same time to spruce up the style. Any recommendations for a couple of private sessions nothing too intense?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a great lesson with New Generation, based in Monetier
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another recommendation for New Generation!

Which town are you staying in?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that. We are staying in Chantemerle
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Darren Turner is a great instructor. DM me if you want his number.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ben Birt at Ski Connections.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gavin Crosby at NewGen.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another vote for Gavin Crosby at New Generation.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yet another vote for Gavin Crosby
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RetroBod wrote:
Thanks for that. We are staying in Chantemerle

Just in case Gavin at New Gen is booked up (and I hope, for your sake he isn’t), as you’re in Chantemerle, seek out Denis Lucas either via ESF, or try direct at Les Marmottes, in Chantemerle.

https://www.chalet-marmottes.com/

Denis (married to Karin - English), speaks excellent English, he’s a nice guy and excellent instructor (from personal experience).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Cacciatore, @RetroBod, or go into their (Denis / Karin) excellent wine bar in the early evening and have a chat with them, Le Caveau de Chantemerle. Denis is always there and Karin tends to pop in around 19:30 depending on Grand Mother babysitting duties.

One of my daughters has a severe lack of confidence going on inside her head, and she had Ben for a couple of hours three weeks ago and that worked very well, but you're really not going to crack the confidence thing in a couple of hours.

If Ben, Gavin are booked up then go and have a chat with Davina at Ski Connections as she deals with these queries all the time, and does have others that maybe are equally as good.

Daren is obviously right up there, and does have the occasional hour or two in his busy schedule.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Weathercam wrote:
@Cacciatore, @RetroBod, or go into their (Denis / Karin) excellent wine bar in the early evening and have a chat with them, Le Caveau de Chantemerle. Denis is always there and Karin tends to pop in around 19:30 depending on Grand Mother babysitting duties..

Bloody Hell Shocked Now that’s made me feel a bit old….Denis and Karin had two children (well, they were kids when I first stayed at Les Marmottes, which was a fair time ago), Robin and I can’t recall the other name….(Chemie?). Anyway, they were super kids….scary how time goes by soooo fast.

Apologies to the OP for a bit of thread drift and I hope you find the right solution Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Cacciatore, @Weathercam, thanks for the advice. We may wait till we've had a couple of days to see whether we need to explore these options. The main problem last year was the heavy March snow in Austria as although there was plenty of snow it was sooo slushed up by the pm. We too have stayed at the Chalet Marmottes and I remember bumping into Denis. This will be our 4th time in Serre Che and this in itself should conquer some demons, lots of favourites out there. Any excuse for a trip to a wine bar or any bar for that matter! Once again thanks all.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RetroBod, sadly Denis has had to give up skiing due to an injury......
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Darren turner is excellent
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy