Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
When you get into the Alp Trida bowl you take the first lift you come to on the left to take you up to Alp Bella.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@buchanan101, in that case I have probably been. Or maybe been past seen it’s really busy and not been in.
I will see next month!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been to Ischgl since 2011 but the place still looks the same.

Alp Bella
+41 81 861 86 85
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YYrFMCMYCE2nDs9d6
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I will try the chicken and report back Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The party side of Ischgl is realy not my thing but love the skiing. (and the chicken)
Really must get back there soon
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
going back in three weeks Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Garfield wrote:
The party side of Ischgl is realy not my thing but love the skiing. (and the chicken)

Yeah I don’t care about the party side either but it’s a good place to ski. Not been for a few years or so.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piz Val Gronda was closed yesterday but open today, for anyone interested. It hadn't been bashed, so only the red ski route was showing as open (maybe that's normal, but the piste was also open when I was last here in 2017). It was no harder than a slightly bumpy red.

On another subject, I had to swipe my ski pass 4 times in the course of buying lunch at the cafeteria at Alp Trida on the Swiss side. Does anyone know what on earth that's for?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@icewharfjames, swipe it in what?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@VolklAttivaS5, on a contactless sensor - when entering, at the food counter, at the drinks counter, and at the payment desk.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@icewharfjames, oh! Interesting, sounds like a pain in the ass.
Good to know thanks.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@icewharfjames, oh! Interesting, sounds like a pain in the ass.
Good to know thanks.

Swiping in the wrong slot wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Ischgl in the morning is it better queues wise going up A2 Pardatschgratbahn or A3 FimBabahn as will be up that end of town. Also how the red down to F1 chair. Good for warm up in the morning or tricky? My mum is fine on reds just not tight narrow switchback ones.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@icewharfjames, I’d guess it may be about Swiss tax accounting - the Swiss side of the ski area is a vat-free zone.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Ldj226, I use the A3 mainly because it’s right by the tunnel and I hate walking in boots… usually very early as well so queues not a thing

Red 7 to the F1 is one of the best runs in the resort. Only really red right at the top. North facing so maybe icy first thing Bottom part is a high speed blast. Busier run now that F1 replaced a slow 2 man that didn’t even take you back to the top. Easier warm up is down to Idalp from A2
snow report
Ldj226 wrote:
In Ischgl in the morning is it better queues wise going up A2 Pardatschgratbahn or A3 FimBabahn as will be up that end of town.

We always use the Fimba. Most people head to either the Silvretta or Pardatsch because "They are big and fast so will be quicker than the little, slow one.". Of course everyone flocking to the 2 big lifts mean they get queues for the morning rush while you can more or less walk straight onto the Fimba at the same time of day.

Ldj226 wrote:
Also how the red down to F1 chair. Good for warm up in the morning or tricky? My mum is fine on reds just not tight narrow switchback ones.

Only issue with 7 is it can get closed quite a lot, though mainly the section beflow F1.

Our usual warm-up is up the Fimba, drop down under the B2/B3 chairs to Hollboden and take C3 and a couple of laps on 30/31. Only trap there is don't ski past the bottom of E1 - unless you like skating/the up-and-down G2 drag. Not a bad run, just that annoying flat bit Smile
ski holidays
@Mjit, Plus 1. Those are two of the easiest runs in the resort.
ski holidays
Anyone here from Sat 1st onwards?
snow report
Garfield wrote:

Decision made booked for next winter. snowHead
snow conditions
Re the chicken.
Well, as it turns out, yes I had been to the Alp Bella restaurant before, I recognised it when I saw it. I don’t think I’d had the chicken before though!
So I did today since I was passing, I had already had an early lunch too so I had a late lunch too, I didn’t dare not try the chicken when there were some there!

Very nice it was too.
So this evening I won’t be needing much food, will just need a light snack.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Anyone here from Sat 1st onwards?
yep for at least a week
snow conditions
@Mother hucker, cool, looks like there’s more snow forecast at the weekend as well! Can’t see next week yet.
Do you know the area well?
Had a great time today skiing over in Alp Trida in the sun, powder turns of some sorts like every run and no need to go far off the piste to find it either!
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, Yep, arriving on Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to it, it'll be my first time in Ischgl. Fortunately I'm with someone who knows the area!!
snow report
Quick question about the lift passes. I noticed there are 2 options, VIP and Silvretta, are the other resorts worth a day out? There looks to be enough skiing on the VIP pass but wondered if it was worth paying the extra and going to Galtur? Thanks.
ski holidays
There is plenty to do in the Ischgl /Samnaun area and you don't really need any more but Galtur is a very nice day out with a small area but decent north facing slopes.
latest report
@T Bar, Thanks for the reply. There's a big difference in the cost, 66 euro, so we'll stick with the VIP ticket.
snow report
@RedorDead, hope you enjoy it
snow report
@RedorDead, I think Kappl and Galtur are worth a visit yes.
I’ve got a Tirol Snow Card this season anyway but when I’ve been to Ischgl in the past I did enjoy visiting Kappl and Galtur just for a change of scenery. I’ve not been to See though.

There is plenty of skiing in Ischgl it’s true but for example 2/3 days of this week have had limited lift opening due to wind/safety preparations. There were lots of people on the limited terrain available.
So having the Silvretta pass may furnish you with other options on days like today.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@VolklAttivaS5, Never been to the area before. I'm hoping for some powder turns don't mind a bit of a boot pack or popping skins on to reach a bit of u tracked
latest report
@Mother hucker, there’s oodles of untracked still quite close to the piste, no need to skin or boot pack at the moment!

I think you will get powder turns as more snow is coming on top of the piles of it this week (provided it then doesn’t go really warm).
ski holidays
RedorDead wrote:
Quick question about the lift passes. I noticed there are 2 options, VIP and Silvretta, are the other resorts worth a day out? There looks to be enough skiing on the VIP pass but wondered if it was worth paying the extra and going to Galtur? Thanks.

There is some really nice skiing in Galtur, nothing difficult or long, but its worth a visit.

Im not 100% sure but I think the VIP pass only allows you to ski one area per day, this is from a conversation with family in a hotel last week, who had been chating to some one who wanted to ski Kappl and Ischgl in the same day.
ski holidays
RedorDead wrote:

We’ve been glad to have paid the extra this week. Millionaire skiing at Galtur on Sunday, and better conditions at Kappl on Monday, so worth the extra IMV.

Ischgl has a decent ski area, but a decent intermediate can cover it all in 2-3 days IMO.
ski holidays
Thanks for the info all, I might bite the bullet and go for the Silvretta pass and go to Galtur for a day. Are there buses that take you there or will I need to get a taxi? How long will it take? Thanks again.
ski holidays
@RedorDead, regular buses every 10 mins. Takes about 15 mins.

Ski bus timetable on the Ischgl website
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, Prefect, thanks.
latest report
skitech wrote:
RedorDead wrote:

Im not 100% sure but I think the VIP pass only allows you to ski one area per day, this is from a conversation with family in a hotel last week, who had been chating to some one who wanted to ski Kappl and Ischgl in the same day.

Ok, this is where Ischgl make lift passes unnecessarily complicated!

1. VIP passes are only available to people staying in Ischgl or Mathon and with a guest card from your accomodation. Normal "X day" VIP passes are cheaper than the standard Silvretta ones but otherwise the same.
2. Both VIP and Silvretta pass have a "5 in 7" option which basically means a 5 day lift pass but you can take rest days in the middle of the week.
3. There's also the VIP-only "4+2" day Flexipass Area pass and it's best if you think of this as a book of Carnet tickets, with one ticket getting used every day you ski as a resort. As a result you CAN ski multiple resorts on one day, but if on say the Tuesday you skied Kappl in the morning you'd use 1 ticket, then when you skied Ischgl in the afternoon you'd use another. so if you really NEED to ski both you can, but you'll use 2 of your 6 tickets that day.

In this case I think the question is between a "VIP 6 day pass" and a "VIP Flexipass Area pass" - in which case if this is your first trip to Ischgl just go for the standard 6 day pass. There's more than enough skiing to keep you out of trouble and it's only when you've lost count of how many times you've been to Ischgl that it's worth getting the "4+2" pass, just so you can have a bit of variety.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@RedorDead, regular buses every 10 mins. Takes about 15 mins.

Ski bus timetable on the Ischgl website

Think it was '19 when we did Galtur and bus stops are on the main valley road but with several stops so easy to access regardless where you're staying in town. Also I'm sure the but stops had digital displays telling you how long till the next bus.
snow report
@Mjit, Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. Having spoken to the friends we're going with their children are in ski school and will need to stay local to drop them off and pick them up so the standard 6 day pass sounds like the better option. Thanks again.
latest report
RedorDead wrote:
@Mjit, Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. Having spoken to the friends we're going with their children are in ski school and will need to stay local to drop them off and pick them up so the standard 6 day pass sounds like the better option. Thanks again.

To confirm, the (main at least) bus stops have digital displays for bus times. They are very regular up and down the valley, every 10-15 minutes, and are free. The bus stop nearest to the Silvretta Bahn on the main road heading in the direction of Galtur gets very busy at the end of the day. I found using the Prenner pedestrian tunnel (from the Pardatsch Gondola a a down lift) much easier to get a bus back in the direction of Galtur
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy