Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trip with a week of ski testing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I got an email from a supplier about a weeks ski trip in March to Pila, Italy with Graham Bell and the Ski Club of GB. The price shows how awesome @Admin is at organising our bashes. What appeals is the claim there are hundreds of skis to try all week.

Has anyone tried one of these events?

Yes I know they won’t be as awesome as a snowheads events, but hundreds of skis to try!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Isn't there ski testing at the EoSB?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ wrote:
Isn't there ski testing at the EoSB?

Difficult these days thanks to the B word. Carnets to take out a UK demo fleet are a PITA.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dave of the Marmottes, oh thats a shame. Never made it to one due to being tied to school holidays. Closest was week before and the SFaB. Not too many years left now (youngest is 13)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interesting: sounds like the annual SIGB test.
All the old 'trusted' regulars of the industry/press turn up to ski around together and write nice things in their magazines about the skis they try.
I was there myself a few years back, encouraged by some of the brands who come to OktoberTest. They thought hat our system, tracking the test skis might help/improve the way the SIGB test ran but they weren't interested at all.
I also suggested bringing some snowHeads along the following year but (at that time) they were dead-set against 'The General Public' being given access.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Agent Orange, I see that you’re not naming names but is it a Cambridge based provider who started out providing rental kit for school trips? I’m happy to mention them if admin is happy to.

I used to go there a lot. Nice company to deal with (you used to deal with the owner) although I think they’ve expanded/diversified recently.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hammerite, yes you would be correct about their location and they are very helpful and happy to chat when I have been thinking about buying things. I don’t know if they started out that way with school rentals.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy