Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys drink stop

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of any reasonably priced places to stop for a pint close to or on the piste in the 3valleys. Lots of places seem to be around €9 a pint. Also not in La Tania (that’s where we’re staying) thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really depends how far afield you want to go and what time you want a beer - oh and in the 3V (Courch 1850 and Meribel particularly) how ostentatious you want to be.

Ski Lodge in LT is good though if it is on the way home to your digs.
La Taiga is ok too.

I used to like the piste front in Courch 1650 if the sun was out for a lunchtime beverage

But piste side....on way home to LT you have Bouc Blanc, that is a nice sun trap.

There is a charming spot on the left hand side of the piste just below the Jerusalem/Biolley piste in St Martin.
But if you're on a trip just have a beer on the front in Menuires or VT.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was thinking for around 11:30 and anywhere in the 3Vs really, we go all over.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been a few years but I'm sure we used to stop around that time at a little place at the bottom of Gentianes blue/ Signal chairlift in the 1650 sector.

Pretty sure it's in the sunshine at that time of day. Can't comment on prices but if we were stopping there it would be low to mid entry point!! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Let me know if you find it and it's any good. Back out there week after next!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dannyh101 wrote:
reasonably priced places to stop for a pint close to or on the piste in the 3valleys.
Well there's an oxymoron... Laughing
I was only thinking the other day I wonder what this season's prices will be but I haven't been out yet. €9 sounds about right. As a rule, VT and the Belleville valley in general are usually cheaper than Courch or Meribel as long as it's not a trendy place. I've just checked La Ferme in Reberty which is €8 for 50cl Heineken, I expect La Loy in St M is similar but for a high quality Mont Blanc beer, the Sunny in VT is also usually reasonable.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chalet du Sunny on the David piste, Menuires. Theres a sit down restaurant part and a very reasonably priced snackbar (frankfurter and decent portion of chips €10 etc) . Good views, fairly chilled music and think it was €7 for a large tap beer.

It's a handful of years since I've been, but La Loy was a great value and very good place to have a pit stop.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if it is a nice day, there is a reasonably priced snack bar at the top of La Masse over in Les Menuires, with comfy beach style chairs outside overlooking cime de caron etc.
when i was there last year, they did a "meal deal" type menu which was good value
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
terrygasson wrote:
if it is a nice day, there is a reasonably priced snack bar at the top of La Masse over in Les Menuires, with comfy beach style chairs outside overlooking cime de caron etc.
when i was there last year, they did a "meal deal" type menu which was good value
Bloody hell, you must have forgotten your days as a seasonnaire! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I seem to remember that their burgers were €13 and the meal deal was c. €23 for burger, chips and soft drink. Bloody rip off compared to the snack hut prices in Mottaret or VT and I would have got a nice meal with wine in the self service that was there the year before for less. Cheeseburger in Mottaret is €6.50 and VT is €11 for a meal. Effing progress! Toofy Grin [rant over...]
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Raceplate, bloody hell, is it that expensive or is that for the indoor restuarant?

i was sure it was only about 12-13 euros for the meal deal at the hut, but it was dec 21 so memory is a bit foggy since then!!

will need to check it out again at Easter

seasonaire days it was mainly free when visiting restaurants, as we would be taking groups of guests whilst "companioning" them, very rarely spent my own "coin" on the mountain then.
mainly packed lunches from the chalet if we were out on the mountain without guests, or the restaurants who knew you and you would get a good deal from them !!!
great times Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@terrygasson, Yep! The indoor self service that was always good value and the owners acknowledged you is now full a la carte with fur blankets on the silver chairs next to the champagne and cocktail list....

I miss Brewskis... Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Raceplate, oh that makes sense, it was the serving hut outside i used last year. was too scared to go anywhere near the other one, you know if the chairs are adorned with a brand of champers on them, the credit card will be getting a cold sweat on Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
shame about the indoor restaurant, i last used that one in feb 2020, and think it was still reasonable then, bit of a trek to the bogs down the steep staircase in ski boots!!!!

ah Brewskis, i have been trying to remember the name of that one in St Martin for ages, off the side of the piste then a drag lift back up again from memory.

great burgers, even gave Le ski lodge a run for its money
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@terrygasson, yep, all correct! Those were the days... Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@terrygasson, are you thinking of Le Corbeleys?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Brewskis. Chuff, it's 20 years since I stopped there. It seemed to change shortly after that.
ski holidays
@Hurtle,
Quote:

isn't that a mountain restaurant close to st martin 2 (though i could be wrong)?

Brewskis, was in St Martin close to a beginners slope, but i am going back over 20 years ago now
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
No, he isn't. Brewskis was a typical seasonnaire/ski host type place very similar to Pub Le Ski Lodge in LT. I knew if he was an ex host, he'd know it. Kind of place you always got a free meal and a large genepi on the house. It was half way down the Village nursery poma in St M. You pulled off and walked through a tunnel between the apartment blocks to get to it from the hill. Then one year, the tunnel became another apartment! Killing the access killed the business, it closed the year after I think, roundabout 2010.
snow report
Oh, sorry.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, no worries.

so many of them in the 3v's and a lot change from time to time.

i haven't stayed in Meribel in over 15 years, though have skied through it in recent years, I bet it would probably be unrecognisable to me now

its only the mountains that stay the same Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
We paid 13 euros a pint on the slopes in 1850, what some 10 years ago.

Head over to 1650 or down to 1550 for cheaper prices.
snow conditions
There is a coffee/snack bar directly under the croisette in 1850 which is actually (or was at least) very reasonable prices and good quality. Can't remember the name but if you walk inside from the slopes it's immediately on the left. Don't whatever you do make a mistake in and Go in Le Tremplin unless you want credit card bypass surgery. I think the last time me and Mrs A had a coffee (around 2011) during an early morning whiteout it was something like 9 euros for an espresso and 12 for a latte.
ski holidays
There's a little Snack Bar next to the bottom of the Pralong Chair above Courchevel 1850. Was cheap(er) for snacks and coffee, can't remember if they sell beer though
latest report
garfy1971 wrote:
There's a little Snack Bar next to the bottom of the Pralong Chair above Courchevel 1850. Was cheap(er) for snacks and coffee, can't remember if they sell beer though

They don't, but the snack bar on the bellcote run into 1850 just below the courche neige does (por did). Never used it as until the CN changes hands you could get a small Stella for 2.50 euros and a skiers lunch for 25. Not sure what their prices are now since new owners, lockdown, covid etc.
latest report
Le Bubble in 1650 (Moriond)
Rond Point Meribel
Drop Off Le Praz if still going
Worth looking up La Portetta Hotel in 1650. It's a posh hotel at the bottom of the slope but they used to do great happy hour deals and you can watch the sunset cast it's pink hue on the mountain.
latest report
Waikiki bar on the side of the piste that runs into 1850, I think is Ballecote piste, great drinks, music and food, our favourite place to stop.

https://www.seecourchevel.com/bars/waikiki-apres-ski-bar-courchevel-1850-731508
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy