Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer activity holiday companies in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
My kids (11 & 9) and I have decided to try a summer activity holiday in the Alps this year. We're excited by the wide array of fun things available from swimming to biking to rafting to zipwires etc, as well as organised kids clubs and the opportunity to make new friends.
Just need to decide which company to book with, so would love some recommendations. So far I'm looking at Alpine Elements, but I always like to compare a few options before booking something.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A lot of alpine towns/villages are very good at putting on activities or having things to do. We've done loads and just decided on different things to do each day and booked/turned up when we want to do them.

I can highly recommend Saalbach, Schladming and Alpe d'Huez for this sort of thing. If you're going to have a car, Andorra as a whole place is excellent because there are loads of activities within a 20 min drive (traffic dependant!).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, it might be better to arrange a trip independently - the tourist offices are generally very good. If you give a bit more thought to what you want to do you'll get lots of good advice here about activities and alternatives. And it might be cheaper to do your own thing - worthwhile to compare.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm open to doing it independently (and self-driving) but I guess the appeal of using an operator is that we'd end up in an accommodation with lots of like-minded people. As it will be just me and the kids, my hope is that they find other kids to play with and get to know over the course of the week doing activities etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davehas, I hear nothing but good reports about this place. https://www.central-flachau.com/ BA and Ryan Air fly to Salzburg through the Summer and that's only a 45 min transfer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

the appeal of using an operator is that we'd end up in an accommodation with lots of like-minded people.

that makes sense.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davehas, UCPA here does loads of stuff in Serre Chevalier in the Summer.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If UCPA do family weeks in the summer that would be ideal, but I don't think kids are allowed normally? My daughter and family did a UCPA family ski week in La Plagne and loved it. They had a family room for the 4 of them and met other families to play games with after skiing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are the Alps necessary? My two aged 16 and 13 went to Outward Bound near Fort William for 3 and 2 weeks respectively. A very well respected outdoor and development curriculum, groups of others their age, and neither of them wanted to leave after. They arrived by train themselves (station right outside) from Manchester Airport, then we collected the younger one and stayed nearby for a week waiting for the older one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pam w, kids by the shedload in the Summer !!

Totally different to skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
German Centre Parks? or is that parcs Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We DIY and stop in Bourg St Maurice. Lovely town. Do rafting and water stuff there (booking direct) then go up to Tignes for a day of their activities and Les Arcs for another. Could do another resort if we wanted. You just need to be organised to sort things yourself.

We drive though which helps.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam's UCPA suggestion looks ideal.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We quite a few of those kind of holidays when I was a kid/teenager.

Mum and dad went hiking, I did kids or teenager club and did loads of outdoor activities. Sometimes Dad had to do the more adventurous activities with me Toofy Grin With no siblings close in age I loved these holidays.

I'm talking like 25+ years ago so the information is going to be out of date, but Headwater offered this type of holiday and we did a good one in the Jura, and we also tended to book direct with French hotels that offered activities. Some where near Lake Annacy had a good one. Les2Alps was fab as can do all the summer activities plus ski in the morning on the glacier (is that still a thing with global warming?!)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
Weathercam's UCPA suggestion looks ideal.

Can't find anything on their website Puzzled
snow report
@davehas, https://www.ucpa.com/offres-speciales/early-booking-colos

https://www.ucpa.com/offres/eb-colos-montagne

I think for younger ages they might do special weeks, I've seen whole bunch of children there before the main holidays.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-01-23 19:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
Are the Alps necessary?

A strong preference. The kids have done PGL camps in previous years, but this one is a holiday for me as well, and there's nowhere I'd rather be than in the Alps!
snow report
@davehas, it might be worth phoning Action Outdoors who market UCPA trips in the UK.
ski holidays
We went on a summer alpine club med holiday to Valmorel a few years ago and my kids enjoyed the teen club. The only drawback with club med alpine holidays in summer from my perspective is that to get your moneysworth it helps to be into downhill mountain biking and I was glad to try it but preferred other activities such as walks to waterfalls, fitness classes etc.

Other years we have booked apartment and ferry with Peak Retreats who we also use for ski holidays and booked activities separately in resort. Of the resorts we have been to with them in summer I would recommend Les Gets, Samoens and St Gervais/Les Contamines.
latest report
Area47 in Ötztal should be ideal!
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
Area47 in Ötztal should be ideal!

Thanks, I'm definitely going to bookmark that one! Right now the kids are still a bit young for a lot of the activities Sad : https://area47.at/en/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Age-limits-qualifications_2022-1.pdf
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy