Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbombing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Usually ski 3 valleys in feb/early march, i am very particular about having snow in the resort I’m staying in and ski in ski out so always go high altitude, this year we are going to snowbombing in Mayrhofen, defiantly not my choice but I’ve got to go as it’s a group thing.

Questions I have, conditions in early April ? I know there’s not going to be no ski in ski out but what’s the actual skiing like during the festival, pains me to be spending a fortune if the conditions are generally poor.

Is it worth getting the lift pass that opens up the whole
Area (Can’t remember what it’s called) or will Mayrhofen have enough to keep us occupied ?

I am trying to get 5 days in early
March but can’t afford our usual places due to this trip, any recommendations of a high altitude French resort that won’t break the bank ? Looking at alpe d Huez in basic accommodation but open to suggestions.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mayrhofen pass includes the ziller area. The glacier Hintertux is on a different pass. So pick which pass you want when you can weigh up conditions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Cov_lad, 22 years worth of pics from Mayrhofen around snowbombing week in the thread below.

Generally speaking it will hot in the village, and you will get a mix of all snow types from pow days to slush days.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=family#2124833
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gored wrote:
mayrhofen pass includes the ziller area. The glacier Hintertux is on a different pass. So pick which pass you want when you can weigh up conditions.

That is not true it is all on the same pass
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We went to Snowbombing last year and conditions were fantastic. Didn't get much snowboarding in though!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Been a few times at Easter and always been plenty of snow. The village is fairly low but the majority of the skiing isn't. From memory, Pretty sure that there is only one lift pass that covers all of the resorts in The Zillertal valley and Hintertux.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snow bombing...theres a load of (missing) memories !!
I did 6 or 7 on the trot from 2007ish
All I can say is it definitely isn't a regular ski/board holiday, the emphasis is just a much on the partying as it is the sliding. Prepare yourself. Imagine a place where the apres starts before lunch, and finishes at breakfast.
The conditions could be anything, obviously it all depends on the weather. I remember loads of sunshine and easy forgiving slush, which tbh I loved....the state we were in most of the time we'd have seriously damaged ourselves on fast hardpack.
The main Mayrhoff area is all up the mountain, there is no ski back in, so don't feel you're missing anything. There's another much smaller area that does come back to the village, but that's only one run that they try their best to keep open.
I only made it the Hintertux once, and was scared by the steep sheet ice death runs. It's a good bus ride up the end of valley, not worth it imho, but then again all those years ago that wasn't what I went to Snowbombing for.
Hope you enjoy it, whatever happens and try not to get too hung up on the quality of the sking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Cov_lad, I was in the area last year at the same time - see https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=160185 for a trip report, including (geriatric) observations on Snowbombing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for your very helpful info much appreciated, shorts for the resort it is.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy