Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lyon Airport - Val Thorens / transfer options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Snowheads! This year will be my second skiing experience (tried Flaine last year) in Val Thorens.

I am slightly overwhelmed with the transfer options from/to Lyon airport, therefore looking for a piece of advice from you:

(1) Airport -> VT.
- I tried different companies (BensBus, Altibus, Alpybus, Skilifts etc) and the timing or availability doesn't work. Do you think companies may release new options later in the timeline?
- I also looked at public transportation options, which include a shuttle from airport to Lyon Part Dieu (central train station), then train to Moutiers, and finally local bus to VT. Combining all these together the pricetag isn't massively cheaper if compared to a direct transfer, but it take significantly longer ~6h as per google. Is my research conclusion out of reality?
- If none of the above options work out, shall I consider private transfer, the expensive option of £400-500 but try to find other people to join? We are a group of 3, so perhaps would need another 3 at least to make it worth it. Do you think advertizing on this forum or reddit is worth it?

(2) VT -> Airport.
- All transfers that I've looked at depart from VT around 4, 6, 7AM, but our flights are at 10PM (ie 22:00), and our UCPA ticket allows to ski by mid-day. Question: do you think transfer companies may release new transfers for afternoon?
- Do you think I might be lucky in making a connection within UCPA and ask for a lift to either of the train stations or even Lyon? How realistic is this? Of course I am happy to pay for that.

Many thanks for your time and happy skiing! M
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't use transfer companies but do use a combo of car and public transport a lot.

For Lyon, also take a look at Flixbus and Blablacar buses as they can get you direct from airport to Chambery (which connects to Moutiers) in an hour, avoiding Lyon city centre and for about the price of the Lyon shuttle. There are also a few direct trains from the airport to Chambery station but not many. Also consider Grenoble for the train connection - it's slightly further but gives another raft of bus/train schedules.

Public transport links to/from Geneva are a bit easier and more frequent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have used the train several times to travel from Lyon to ski resorts. Best option I feel for train times is the SNCF connect App. There is a direct tram from Lyon Airport train station to Lyon PD Station. You can either get tickets through the app or purchase at Lyon PD Station. This year we travelled from Lyon to Valloire by train, have also travelled to three valleys and Les arcs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Best option I feel for train times is the SNCF connect App

+1 for SNCF connect. It presents results in two tabs, one for trains and one for coaches, so helpful for getting a schedule together.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You may be able to get a shared transfer with http://www.3vt.co.uk/book_online.htm or https://www.coolrunnings.eu/ . Otherwise try https://www.facebook.com/groups/850771538271311
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For 3 of you hiring a car might work most efficiently. It's what I'd do. Provided you can identify convenient parking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’m doing something similar but from Bourg to Lyon. Train from Bourg to Chambery then Flixbus (or others) direct from Chambery to Lyon airport looks a good option. Does anyone know if the train and bus stations in Chambery are in the same place or apart? If apart walking distance or taxi? Thanks R
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Next time - go to austria. Public transport in France does not really work. Transfers are expensive. People say Austria is expensive but its false economy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chambery bus and train stations are about 500 metres from each other. It's a well sign-posted walk of a few minutes.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers bobski62. Gored been to Austria plenty but flights didn’t really work this time. Plus first Easter week so we need to go high which rules out quite a bit of Austria IMO. Saalbach Hinterglemm is normally a favourite! R
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy