Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance- 3rd party cover (Italy)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm skiing in Italy this year, and it seems to be compulsory to have 3rd party cover as part of your insurance (which I assume means someone else can claim on them if I ski into them). I usually take out my travel insurance with Aviva, and have never checked specifically for 3rd party cover before - I just take the standard winter sports cover. I also usually take the local insurance with my ski pass to cover transport off the mountain if needed.

I know I can trawl aggregators for an insurance policy with this cover, but any recommendations would be very welcome. I assumed that it would be something offered as standard, seeing as Italy were saying it was mandatory, but having looked at the Aviva policy booklet, I can't see it covered there.

Thanks in advance...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe I posted too soon...

I only looked in the winter sports section, but in the main policy doc it says:
Personal Liability : Cover for your legal liability if you cause accidental injury or death to third parties or damage to their property during your trip.

Should I be taking this to mean 3rd party cover?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I recently checked my UK travel insurance (through Nationwide bank) and it includes personal liability. I must admit I'd never thought of before these posts on Snowheads, but I was reassured, as I'm skiing in Italy this year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My take is that any winter sports insurance that doesn’t include 3rd party cover is not fit for purpose and I’d be surprised if any don’t cover it. I think that the 3rd party cover with Italian lift passes is aimed at locals mainly who turn up without any other insurance.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As @geepee says, UK winter sports travel insurance policies include Personal Liability/3rd party cover. I believe the optional insurance cover on Italian lift passes is for people (mainly Italian locals) who don't have travel insurance. Initial transport off the mountain in the event of an accident on the slopes is provided by the Carabinieri, e.g see https://www.valgardena.it/en/rescue/

Your travel insurance should cover the cost of any subsequent transport charges (private ambulance or helicopter if needed) and off course any medical treatment.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy