Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski carriage

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Does any one put more than one set of skis in one bag(as long as under allowed weight) Was going to take my sons skis with mine. Flying easy jet.
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Phil 123, I do it every time. At least twice a year. We use Sportube 2’s which are pretty obviously made fir 2 sets of skis. Never had a problem and never even been asked what’s in them. You will be fine!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did this before Christmas weight is 20kg and states skis and boots. Each ski bag we put in was just shy of 15kg inc skis ans poles, plus on pair of boots to go with each bag. On way out we were asked if they could checked the boot bags (we had this on way out previous time from Bournemouth) they apparently need to check a selection of them. No idea what they were looking for, it wasn't exaclty a thorough look, and we had to sign thet had done so. Havent yet been asked about the ski bags
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Always, record is four pairs I think but included a kids pair and took the bindings off to get the ski bag under the weight, and to get the skis to fit easier.

Done this several times on both BA & EJ. No issues as long as the bag met their allowed dimensions.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of threads on this subject. The most convincing reason given for this policy was to limit the airline’s liability. If the bag is lost you can only claim for one set of skis. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always ,they never check.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@daintybulldog, just sometimes they do. I've been asked to put my ski bag on the weighing machine occasionally.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@achilles, never even heard of anyones ski bag being checked to see how many sets of skis are in it. Most airlines do indeed weigh it though which is a completely different thing. So long as you are under the weight allowance you will be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reading the description

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/sports-equipment

They don't say pet set of skis. Both snowboards and skis are written in the plural and the constraint is weight.

If I am ever challenged, this is exactly what I will point to but we have flown with skis bags and boots twice now. Everything has been weighed I believe (nb possible they didn't actually check the weight when putting label on at bag drop).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yes,
skis & board in coffin bag. One ski in each saloppetes leg & board inside jacket for some protection.
I should have got a splitboard a few years back. I wont get the use now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only ever seen checks once can't remember which airline though.
Where you may have an issue is when they go astray.
We have had this happen with a TO trip. While they happily provided hire skis until ours arrived it was one pair per ski carriage booked.
One unhappy bunny that had packed a fair bit of their ski gear in the ski bag (not us).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gored wrote:
yes,
skis & board in coffin bag. One ski in each saloppetes leg & board inside jacket for some protection.

Shouldn’t the jacket and the salopettes get some protection from the skis/board rather than them protect the skis/board. I’ve had ski edges slice through the ski bag material, which is tougher that my clothing, so wouldn’t like those edges against ski clothes.

Anyway too many eggs in one basket. Skis go into ski bag, if lost the airline can pay for the rental. Jacket on me, salopettes and boots into hand luggage, and where possible othe ski accessories.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@achilles, my ski bag is weighed every time at check in, it's part of issuing the tag and is also fundamental to the compensation paid if the bag is lost.

So weighed every time but never been checked for what's in it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I recently had my ski bag opened at the oversize luggage area in Vancouver (nowt but a single pair of skis although BA don't care) and inspected for contraband. Then they did a sniffer test and it beeped with traces of explosives. Shocked Dunno if that was from the extensive blasting that was going on while I was in Whistler or some by-product of my end-of-trip wax and service (snow cover in places had been somewhat thin; looked like I had been doing gravel skiing). But then they just waved it through.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Do Ryanair weigh ski bags, and if over the weight, I assume time to to get charged
snow report
@dublin2, yes they will weigh them. Pretty much all airlines will weigh them, but never been asked to open them or what’s in them for that matter.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy