Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Iconic Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://alltracksacademy.com/blog/the-top-5-iconic-skis/

Not sure how old this blog is (annoys me when they are not clearly dated).

I've owned 2 of the 5 listed (Salomon Force 9s and Rossignol Bandit x 2)

Can't disagree with the write up tbh but maybe confirmation bias on my part.

Interesting to see the charting of development of skis laid out though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Huh. None of 1 thru 4.

1. 1985 ish era? Volkl P9s. Sans doute.

2. Salomon? The Force9s were rubbish. However, the original Xscream a couple of years later? If Carlsberg made skis for hangovers ...

3. I think he's actually thinking of the Xscreams.

4. Bandits. No, really, no. Rossi 7SK of 1990 however, a splendid ski. The 7G also pretty nice.

5. the whatevers?

Missing; Rossignol Roc, Atomic ARC Bionics, Stöckli Stormrider DP Pro ...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, agree with you on the P9s.

3-5 are quite reasonable IMO. I didn’t particularly like the 1080s and the B2s but they were super-popular and epitomised their categories. Same could be said of the DPS in really nailing and popularising the “fun shape”. That said, you could argue they developed the design of the Rossi S7…
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I ski my DPS WIllr 112s pretty much every day, on piste (mostly) and off piste.
There is something about them that is magic...on piste they are so easy, the 112 width somehow shrinks and they turn and rail and are stable at speed.
How is that possible for a 112 width??

Off piste...it's simply cheating, they are that good.

Several years old, and I got them second hand from Bobinch....I can't imagine a single reason to change them
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice thread….

I have been fortunate to own these three legendary skis…

Salomon x-scream original (mid 90’d
S?)

Head Monster (early 2000’s)

Salomon Pocket Rocket (mid 2000’s)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Arno, I wonder, was that because (in France at least) they were the rental shops go to rental fleet (with rental construction)? A la, in the late 80s many French rental shops "premium" offering was the Rossi 4S, sold as a "race" ski to rentals but in reality a ski-shaped block of foam with edges and 4S graphocs on top. (I know this as I saw inside not a few pairs post breakage). Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, agree with you on the P9's .. mine were about 1994 in Yellow.
I loved them till I found something lighter. (They were a bit like skiing railway lines)
I can't imagine why I threw them down the dump though.

I remember seeing an article in a Sunday Paper back in the 70's Naming the Rossignol ROC 550 as "the best ski".

I remember that people who had those first Salomon skis raved about them, I've never tried them myself though, I was a bit sniffy about a Boot Company breaking into the realm of real ski manufacturers.
I'd eat my words now, I think Salomon are pretty good at making skis....
Well I did until I tried the Salomon BRM (or something like that).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DrLawn, must confess I've never really got on with Salomon skis.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My Volkl submission was the excellent Renntiger - though was very aware of the P9s.

I had the Salmon Force 9 3s in the longest length (201?). I liked them.

I also had the original X Scream Series - a fun ski, but not as good as the Atomic Beta Ride 11.20 that replaced them when they got trashed.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still got my Dad's Volkl Renntiger somewhere in Yellow. I had K2 TRC around the same time, loved them. Then had some Force 9, can''t remember which ones though. Rented some Xscream's and the move to shaped skis began. I have more love for the K2's and Xscreams than possibly anything since....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

X-Wing Blast was the turning point for me. Feeling that sidecut, feeling on rails, feeling the torque of the cross under - all new. A breakthrough for me at least.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This century

Line Mothership/ Seth Pistol
Icelantic Shaman
Armada JJ
DPS Wailer112RP
Blizzard Cochise ( or sub with Bonfafide if you're a skinny minny)

Commercially probably the 1080/ Pocket Rocket, Soul 7, Black Pearl, Nordica Enforcer, and the Goat/Mantra

Piste skis also available......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy