Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Club Piou Piou - meals questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My daughter recently got diagnosed with Coeliac Disease so must have a gluten free diet. The ESF are advising that they cannot accommodate this for her meals that are booked. We are presuming we can send food in with her to eat and waiting for them to confirm that they will reheat and serve for her. Not a big issue but wondering if anyone has dealt with the ESF on issues like this before.

Thanks
John
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure they can do that, although they may not have a microwave easily available. Based on our kids' Piou x2 experience, every lunch is heavy gluten...so you will definitely want to pack her lunch. If she likes gluten free pasta, maybe you could heat it up and put it in one of those small, wide mouth thermoses?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want some snacks for her to have at other times, the Gerblé brand available in France does good biscuits and cakes. Their Madeleines come in individual sachets and one would fit in a pocket.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a shame. Not easy for her to be singled out for separate treatment. To be on the safe side I'd be inclined to send her in with a packed lunch which doesn't need any heating up - filled gf rolls and fruit, perhaps. So she doesn't need to ask anybody anything, just get on with it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pasigal wrote:
If she likes gluten free pasta, maybe you could heat it up and put it in one of those small, wide mouth thermoses?

Get a specific “lunch box thermos”, there are plenty on Amazon (the Japanese make the best thermoses so get a Japanese brand if you are unsure). We send these off with our daughter to school and they will keep the food warm, no need to worry about them having a microwave etc..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately the ESF came back today to tell me that we cannot send any food in with her as they have a "no outside food policy" so the only option they have given us is to have my wife or I collect her during meal times, feed her outside and bring her back after mealtime. This will separate her from her siblings during this time, so not ideal. To be honest I was completely surprised by this solution.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I suppose it's the only way they can guarantee no nuts. Seems tough on her, though. Are they in all day ski school?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@johnfitz, is there any other ski school? I'd be inclined to tell ESF where to go if they can't deal with a simple Gluten Free request
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Currently looking. Tricky with a 3,5,7 year old booked into all day and my wife is booked into private lessons during the kids meal time for the week. We've been going to morzine for 10 year pre kids and we'll all head somewhere else next year and from now on if they do. We're spending over €2 with the esf just on our family and I organise every year for 4 families.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnfitz wrote:
We're spending over €2 with the esf just on our family and I organise every year for 4 families.

€2 for all that? Bargain!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, +1 !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@johnfitz when are you going? We are in a similar position - 2 kids both on GF diets and ESF have shrugged. We are heading off on 28th Jan '23 and I'd be happy to compare notes if we are there before you or vice versa.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@zvordauk, hey we are going from the 21st until the 28th. I've been talking to the director and have more. Basically they said they signed a new contract this season and this stipulates no outside food. They only can offer veggi or pork free. They said we have to pick her up to feed her and can drop her straight back. We have grandparebt coming with us who are already out there skiing this week and last so they are happy to help.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the info - much appreciated.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy