Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A day in Civetta - recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
we're in Alta Badia for a few weeks and I was thinking of doing a day trip to Civetta. We'll have a car and looking at the piste map we've got various options for the parking/set-off point. Alleghe, Pescul or Palafavera.

I know a lot of SHs know it well so any recommendation on where to park, nice runs and hot chocolate stops would be gratefully appreciated.
thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you’d have no problems parking at any of those starting points. Palafavera looks good for parking and it won’t ba as busy as Alleghe first thing in the morning. There is an ideal hot chocolate stop right by the lifts there which on a cold day is very inviting because of the enormous log fire to warm up. Access to the rest of the area is good from there too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks very for the response, unfortunate change of plan as I broke my wrist today, Civetta will have to wait for next year Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richb67 wrote:
thanks very for the response, unfortunate change of plan as I broke my wrist today, Civetta will have to wait for next year Sad

Argh! That must be incredibly frustrating Sad. What did you do which lead to the injury?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@richb67, Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richb67 wrote:

Oh no, sorry to hear that! Sad

Coincidentally my son broke his wrist at Civetta in 2019...a sad consequence of the folly of wanting to strap both feet to one piece of wood!! Shocked

Great efficient care at the hospital in Agordo though, we were out in 2-3 hours...triaged, x-rayed and set in an old-fashioned swan neck plaster cast.

Quite an eye-opener seeing the production line of skier injuries in the orthopedic waiting room waiting to seen. One poor German guy was in real agony with his knee.

Hope yours isn't too painful and heals quickly!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the best wishes.

i fell whilst doing a drill on a lesson, nice easy blue slope, the kind of thing we've all done a hundred times. The drill involved holding my poles behind my neck whilst doing turns on one ski, so an unnatural manoeuvre and I landed awkwardly. I didn't realise there was any damage until I leant on my wrist to try and stand up Shocked

Getting an x-ray was quite quick but it's displaced so evidently not a simple Op that could be done in resort. It was unclear when the operation would be done in Italy so we've opted to go home, we're driving so get back Wednesday and need to find out how to get this sorted on the NHS before it starts healing. We're currently in a German hotel just north of Stuttgart, my wife is having a lie in as she is doing all the driving Sad

It was day 2 of a 4 week ski holiday ! It had been planned for 8 months so gutted but resigned, we were meeting family and friends in Madonna di Campiglio last week so after driving back my wife is getting a cheap flight out to ski there next week.

Turns out I screwed up the holiday insurance and the limit for skiing is 17 days, I was certain I checked but it was a renewal so maybe it changed this year. They have still said they will cover a repatriation but we're not sure what else and as it turns out there is nothing to cover for getting home. I have to say that most companies have been great which has made life easier and none of them knew the situation re insurance, so..

The Rottonara apartments in Corvara just charged us for 2 nights and gave us a refund for leaving early!! (we stayed there last year so maybe this helped)
We got 4 weeks ski hire through Alfredo Sport, the same family business as the apartment and they checked the doctors note then refunded both of us, just charging for 2 days.
We had a Dolomiti Superski season pass and I got 90% of that back (they refund less 5% of the cost for each day used), my wife couldn't get hers back though.
The hotel in Madonna is Half board so have switched to single occupancy, no fuss, saving eur 300+
The ski school insurance covers medical costs.
The Eurotunnel change was simple to do online, no charge

That left one apartment we had booked in La Villa for 2 weeks, we had to pay ca 2/3 of the cost but they re trying to resell and will refund us if they do.

So, ATM my wrist is strapped up, I don't need painkillers and it's ok as long as I don't twist, grip or put weight on it !! but we got most of the money back and my wife can ski next week so it could have been a lot worse.

The Italian doctor thought it would be in a cast for 5 weeks so I have thoughts of a week in March but we'll see how it heals.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy