Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skicircus Weather/Snow Conditions 22/23 - Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrun

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't see any thread for Skicircus this season so starting one.

Anyone out there who can report? It looks pretty bad on the webcams - precipitation is rain certainly at resort level, so what was left of snow is being washed away. Not sure what the snow line is at today?

In general - it looks abysmal as it stands..

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 10-01-23 11:35; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=161018&highlight=
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not a lot of weather on the other thread…
I’m going to Saalbach in a couple of weeks, hoping it’s getting some snow in next few days
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed that other thread is random stuff not weather or snow.

Yes I’m watching Saalbach also as there in Feb. Today looks like a lot of it was rain with snow at high level only.

It’s generally still way too mild.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Regular contributors to “that other thread” include people who live full time in Saalbach (E.g.me), and some who are coming and going all through the season, either because they own property there or love the place so much that they can’t keep away for long.
There will be, and have been regular updates on the weather and conditions (and even a photograph posted this morning). I will shortly be adding my two pennyworth to the thread concerning the recent change of weather.
Whether it’s sensible to continue with two almost identically worded threads is IMHO highly questionable. It’s almost certain to result in duplication, or people looking for information on one thread without realising that another one exists.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If people can't read the category of the forums then that is their issue to be honest. It's not difficult is it, the categories are self explanatory so why argue about it?

Snow Reports - weather - snow conditions

Resort Reviews and Trip Reports
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Pyramus, suit yourself. Ironically this thread (focusing on weather and snow conditions) seems to consist of hopes, wishes and speculations about the weather and conditions, whereas the other thread (having a wider ambit) has up to date, on the spot, information about the weather and conditions.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you don't like the content that's on offer from the original thread then it would be sensible to hold your counsel and also change the title of your thread which will lessen the likelihood for any confusion. Just saying, not looking for any argument and neither was @tatmanstours, Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've updated the title for the people who can't handle forum categories.

On the positive side, all the green hills have gone for now. It looks like freeze/thaw and rain later this week, but next week is looking colder with decent snowfall predicted. So definitely looking better! Very Happy

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is true that, as the forum is organised, there would be two threads on any major areas - one for weather, one for general chat. It would be good if there could be a thread for ONLY weather and snow conditions for major areas. But it tends not to work like that, and they get muddled up. Someone started a thread on snow conditions across the Alps recently and I thought it was a duplication as we already have a synaptic weather thread. But that thread has attracted a lot of attention. This is an open forum and people can open whatever they wish - if it doesn't meet a need, it'll die a quiet death.

I do think it would be a good idea to avoid threads with almost identical titles! But anyone in search of solid information rather than just browsing can do a search and find everything written about resort X for the last many years! I've been researching a new (to me) area recently and found that facility very useful. When one poster knows an area particularly well their contributions, whilst often invaluable, cannot always be relied upon for complete objectivity. I was a major contributor to any discussion about the Espace Diamant for many years as I spent every winter there for 15 years. And I was, undoubtedly, biased!

I do think it would be courteous for new posters to avoid opening new threads too readily - but that's just me being old and grumpy.

It's social meeja, not scripture.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got to say I was originally pretty confused looking for a weather/conditions thread for the area in the weather section of the forum. I ended up starting a thread. I then found the other thread and got lots of fantastic information - most of it not weather related. Personally I prefer the separation of a weather/conditions thread with all and only pertinent information contained within. Either way I'm just grateful that the information is readily available wherever I have to go for it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pyramus wrote:
I've updated the title for the people who can't handle forum categories.

On the positive side, all the green hills have gone for now. It looks like freeze/thaw and rain later this week, but next week is looking colder with decent snowfall predicted. So definitely looking better! Very Happy

Looks good for the end of next week, maybe not for the drive from Geneva! Happy with that combination though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone got any snow reports pls? I'm out there next week, just wondering if off-piste will be totally impassable by then, judging by mild weather and no snow forecast.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pyramus, How is it out there this week?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As good a place as any for this question I suppose.
I’m staying in Zell am See in February. I plan on a day out to Saalbach at some point. Are there lockers for hire in the village? Is it possible to get a night bus back to Zell after sampling the legendary Saalbach apres?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy