Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin resorts at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I’ve found some very cheap flights to Turin on 8th April and am trying to plan a DIY week somewhere accessible. I’ll be in a budget Air BnB as it’s a second holiday and I really can’t afford hotel prices. It’s just me and my teenage daughter and we’re intermediates. There are very few resorts still open that week so I think my choices are going to be Cervinia, Pila, La Thuile or Bardoneccia. I’ve been to Cervinia and liked it but it’s a pain to get to and eating out options tend to be expensive restaurants and I’d like the option of some down to earth bar type places to suit the teen! Has anyone been to any of the other resorts so late?
I would wait to the very last minute but Air B and B options are already limited so I think I’d struggle to get anything. I probably need to get something reserved soon
Nowhere will tick every box but easy transfer, some friendly bars, reasonable food/drink options and decent late snow record are factors. If anyone can advise I’d be really grateful Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cheap are the flights? There are plenty of cheap flights to Turin and you might get more choice going a bit earlier. I just booked two return flights 26 Feb/5 March for £50 each. I found Air BnB prices very expensive. £1000 plus for a not-very-large apartment for a week?? Have found a much cheaper place in Aosta, thanks to a recommendation here. £600 for three rooms for a week, including end of let cleaning, all electricity. Hotels are silly prices, and sharing a twin-bedded room not ideal (I snore.... Embarassed .)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@NBrenn74, i think Serre Chevalier is still open then as well. Nb not a recommendation per se (we visited there for Feb half term - not sure how snow sure it is for that week)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, like everywhere, it will depend on the snow fall between now and then. We've skied in VT in the same week as SC in April, and SC had the better snow, but last season it was dreadful by April.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The flights are working out £200 including hold bags return for the two of us. They are more than double the week before which I would have preferred. I’m tied to school holidays which are 31/3 to 17/4.
There are air bnbs in all the resorts for about £500-600. They’re all tiny but doesn’t matter for the two of us!
I’ll have a look at Aosta and Serre Chevalier - thanks!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah yes, the 1 April flights are very expensive. Really, that late, I'd be looking to go somewhere really high, such as Val Thorens. Are Geneva flights much more expensive that week? I'm going to Les Saisies 1 April but that's because all my grandchildren (8 of them) are all adamant they won't go anywhere else after lots of holidays in the past. It's by no means ideal. Most of us are driving - because the flights to Geneva are just too expensive. My eldest son is flying and renting a car - but he's loaded!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in VT very late last year - we didn’t fly out until 16/4. It was very good but found it expensive! I know I won’t find anything ‘perfect’ so late but cost is really the biggest factor for this holiday as I’m away half term too. Ha ha I wish I wasn’t a flight browser! If I hadn’t seen the cheap flights I wouldn’t really be considering a second holiday! I spend far too much of my spare time looking at airline websites!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Deux Alpes? 2 hour 45 mins from Turin apparently.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

If I hadn’t seen the cheap flights I wouldn’t really be considering a second holiday!

tell yourself they're really not that cheap. Which is true....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
surferrosa wrote:
Les Deux Alpes? 2 hour 45 mins from Turin apparently.
and several mountain passes to negotiate along the way. Car hire would be needed, as there is unlikely to be public transport or even private transfers. Pass through Bardonecchia, Claviere, Montgenevre, then down into Briancon and along the Serre Chevalier valley before climbing up the Col du Lauteret. Through La Grave and down to the Barrage du Chambon before negotiating the road up to L2A.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
From Turin at that time wouldn't Cervinia be a better bet?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I’d second Cervinia at that time of year. Nowhere is snow sure but you’re pretty much guaranteed snow above Plan Maison. I went to Cervinia that week in 2018 or 19, can’t recall, but it was excellent with all runs to resort open all week, just couldn’t ski down to Valtournenche.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about Monte Rosa? It’s definitely planned to stay open to the end of Easter holidays. I’m thinking of there or Cervinia. Can only get cheap flights to Milan though. Well, there’s a cheap flight out to Turin on 9th but no flight back!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@what...snow, good shout. I know some years they aren't always open both weeks of school holidays so presumed OP had checked. We stayed in Champoluc second time we went to this area and Gressoney the first. Definitely recommend it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NBrenn74, what airport you flying from in the UK
snow conditions
I’m midlands based but have found easyJet flights from London gtw. It’s an odd duration - Friday to following Sunday but works out really reasonable.
Will definitely look at Gressony and Champaluc!! As I said I love Cervinia but it isn’t cheap for eating and drinking and it is a bit awkward for transfers
latest report
easy drive Turin - Cervinia, and car hire is cheap
snow report
@NBrenn74, Don't discount Manchester to Munich and ski in Austria.
Mayrhofen you'll be able to catch the train in to town
snow report
I'd second the suggestion of looking beyond air BnB I've often found them pricier than looking at the tourist office sites.
I'd be surprised if you couldn't get most places for what is a fairly late season week.
You can readily ski Val Thorens via Orelle which is not far from Turin through the Frejus tunnel.
latest report
That late, I'd go for snow sure Cervinia.

Turin to Cervinia is 90 minutes drive. That's pretty short for a ski transfer. You could get a taxi for less than €190 each way.

There are some fairly expensive places to eat, but if you hunt around you can get pizza or pasta at €10-15.
latest report
Hit google maps. Look in the towns & see if there are any links to Garni/Pensions/B&B, etc.
Was going to suggest what T-Bar said, but you said money is tight & I think Frejus Tunnel will prob make travelling into france a non starter?
However, you could get a train from Turin to Modane & a taxi from there.
snow report
Quote:

I'd second the suggestion of looking beyond air BnB I've often found them pricier than looking at the tourist office sites.

I've found that too - the place I found in Aosta, through a SH recommendation, is a lot cheaper than any of the AirBnB offerings.
snow report
AirBnB add on quite a large service fee that they charge to you (for which they do almost nothing), and also another 3.5% that they charge to the owner for dealing with the payment and providing the platform. Someone has to pay for those high costs.
ski holidays
Valtournenche is a nice village, some low key pizzarias and there is a bus up to Cervinia if you want to start skiing from there(may be only option then). They also usually offer some free days skiing if you book accomm via tourist office, along the lines of pay 3/4 days get 6 etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy