Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowless Borovets & no refunds from Crystal Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
obmij wrote:
We know that the 'Crystal snow promise' is just marketing. It is unlikely to be fulfilled as there will always be a way to keep a run or two open.

There are at least 3 examples listed above, of Crystal busing clients to another resort - including myself (and in my case there was 1 run open).
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Old Fartbag, how long ago did they do that for you?

I can imagine them doing something more when profits were better on selling holidays but these days maybe they would more stick to the letter rather than incur costs they don’t absolutely have to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On my first ski trip I mentioned to other guests in the First Choice chalet that we hadn't checked any snow reports before booking the mid-March late deal, because we assumed they wouldn't be selling a ski holiday if there wasn't any snow! They laughed at how green we were!! Laughing

Thankfully there was enough snow to learn on, plenty on the mountain and we had a big dump towards the end of the trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ster wrote:
@Old Fartbag, how long ago did they do that for you?

I can imagine them doing something more when profits were better on selling holidays but these days maybe they would more stick to the letter rather than incur costs they don’t absolutely have to.

It was quite a while ago, as mentioned in my post above.

My only point, is that in order to make valid comments about what Crystal may or may not do, it carries more weight if one has personal experience.

I have used Crystal since before they were acquired by TUI - and by in large, there has been little to complain about - and when there was, it was usually on Transfer Day to the resort, which can be chaotic.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bergmeister,
Quote:

Bardonnecchia in 1988.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but these days Crystal really shove that snow guarantee down your throat as reason to use them - can't remember but I'm not sure they were quite so brazen in the '80s/'90s.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've travelled with Crystal twice (including our first ski trip, to Pamprovo, in the early 2000's) No complaints about our personal experience.

Something stinks though when a TO offers a 'snow promise' but shrugs off complaints if there's 200m of brown piste open. Looking at the map - that is what there is.

Better not to offer a snow promise at all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
All the TOs have the same policy. If they had to refund people when snow is crap they'd all have gone bust years ago. If you need to keep losses to a minimum DIY. I have return flights to Turin for £50 each at the end of February. Will have to add hold bags later, but can do that a day or so before. Have paid £150 deposit on accommodation in Aosta. Will not buy passes in advance. Car hire - when I get round to booking it - is cancellable. If there's no snow, or any other problem crops up, I'll have lost all of £250, for two of us. For my April trip I'm driving - will be no financial loss at all if I don't go. At my age, and state of health, I don't pay big stakes on the future. Skullie

Careful with adding the hold bags a couple of days before. A family we know (2 adults, 3 teenagers) had to reduce packing to one suitcase for a two week trip after trying to add hold baggage a few days before. The airline (BA I think, though could be wrong) initially told them there was no spare hold capacity, but after pleading agreed one suitcase.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@thecramps, Shocked

Presume it was a peak school holiday week? Thanks for the heads up!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
obmij wrote:
I've travelled with Crystal twice (including our first ski trip, to Pamprovo, in the early 2000's) No complaints about our personal experience.

Something stinks though when a TO offers a 'snow promise' but shrugs off complaints if there's 200m of brown piste open. Looking at the map - that is what there is.

Better not to offer a snow promise at all.

Crystal do not decide if the mountain is open or not, that is down to the mountain operator.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy