Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Selva - Dantercepies lift

Poster: A snowHead
Greetings SnowHeads,

Out to Selva on Saturday and staying same area as previous (near Hotel Oswald). We have skied back down to here past Dantercepies lift and through town. But wondered best way to get to Dantercepies in the morning without having to bus to glass lift or walk and take drag at back of town. Is there no bus that goes past Dantercepies on a circular, they just seem to do main road loop?

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@paulyg8609, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "glass lift", but if you get the bus and just after it's gone round the right hand corner by the Hotel Krone get off at the covered footbridge once you've walked over the footbridge you can then take the short Costabella chairlift from the top of which it's a short ski down to the Dantercepies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Alastair

Apols, ‘glass bridge’ same as your covered bridge Very Happy

Yeh this what we usually do, but thought we might have missed a bus that drops off at Dantercepies as there is a stop outside but haven't seen any going that way. Do they not exist and as you describe best way?

Thx
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you rent skis from one of the shops where the ski track meets the main road (opposite the gondola) and leave your equipment there overnight, it’s a short walk in the morning to the Costabella chair (via the glass footbridge). (Or you can get the gondola and go in the opposite direction.) We’ve used Sport Walter on Str. Meisules.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@paulyg8609, There is a bus service (357) not sure how reliable it is

https://www.valgardena.it/dl/skibus/2022_23/357_358_SKI_Skibus_202223.pdf

https://www.valgardena.it/dl/stchristina/pdf/Streckennetz_Busse_Lifte_Groeden.pdf
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Scrunch77.

Good idea. Unfortunately I have the joy of carting my own clobber through airports Very Happy . But might pop in and see if they will do storage, I know some places do
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

https://www.valgardena.it/dl/stchristina/pdf/Streckennetz_Busse_Lifte_Groeden.pdf

Albob - This could be right on the money Smile . Will definitely try this

Many thanks
PaulyG
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is a local Selva bus that goes to Dantercëpies. Have used it in the past. Depending on where you get it, it can be crowded and /or slow. Maybe just as easy to use the Costabella chair, as noted.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Pascal

Yeh I think this is probably what Albob has linked to. Will try it but have a feeling you're right re crowding/frequency.

There's snow, can't complain Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
albob wrote:

This worked perfectly - surprisingly not even the Crystal rep knew anything about

Thanks Albob
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@paulyg8609, snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hope its ok to jump in here - we' re heading to Selva in March (11-1Cool staying in the Hotel Tyrol. A few questions if I may. 1. We 're 4 reasonable intermediates wondering what our best options are for cruisey blues ? 2. It looks like a drag lift out - is it reasonably quick to get onto the mountain and over to La Villa if we want to? 3. Mountain restaurants worth visiting? 4. Quiet pretty pistes/ recommended trips? 5. Any views on snow conditions mid -March? 6. Finally - bars in Selva worth checking out? Thanks so much!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@timmythedog, wrote

" Hope its ok to jump in here - we' re heading to Selva in March (11-1Cool staying in the Hotel Tyrol. A few questions if I may. "

1. We 're 4 reasonable intermediates wondering what our best options are for cruisey blues ? -- Alta badia (Above Corvara)

2. It looks like a drag lift out - is it reasonably quick to get onto the mountain and over to La Villa if we want to? -- Yes, once you get to the top of Dantercepies Gondola it is a straight ski down to Colfosco
then Corvara and onto La Villa

3. Mountain restaurants worth visiting? :: not found a bad one

4. Quiet pretty pistes/ recommended trips? : Edelweiss valley above Colfosco//Hidden Vallley//The area above Alba (Ciampac)

5. Any views on snow conditions mid -March? 6. :: NO!

Finally - bars in Selva worth checking out? Thanks so much! :: Selva night life is a bit quiet - :: La Stua/bar Saltos/Luiskeller/Kronestube

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 24-01-23 12:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@timmythedog, see my response to a similar question a year go here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=158085#4916700
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
timmythedog wrote:
5. Any views on snow conditions mid -March?

Nobody can tell you what it will be like this March wink

But I can speak from some experience, I've been a few times in the 2nd & 3rd week in March. Once was powdery snow nearly every night, winter wonderland. Another time was Spring conditions, so a bit slushy in the afternoons on the valley runs, but got to eat ice cream watching the sun go down. The other time it was in between, some Spring snow, some fresh snowfall midweek. But the Sella Ronda was open every time and all main pistes were complete.

Obviously better snow was up higher when it was suffering lower down. Up above Plan de Gralba, Passo Sella and Col Rodella in the shadow of the mighty Sassolungo usually has the best snow in the Selva area. Seceda/Col Raiser side gets a lot of sun, so you'd need to time it right as it's just starting to soften late morning, some great sunny lunch spots over there too. Dantercepies side is mostly in shadow, but gets some sun in the afternoon, so can get pretty cut up with Sella Ronda traffic.

You will love it! snowHead

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 24-01-23 11:02; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Selva night life is a bit quiet - :: La Stua/bar Saltos/Luiskeller/Kronestube

But the afternoon apres is a bit lively if you catch the girls dancing in the snow at Piz Seteur, I think it's around 3pm on Tues & Thurs snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/J54c3WTNnAo
ski holidays
The warmer it is, the less they seem to wear! Cool

http://youtube.com/v/0DwwZNxhKNw
snow report
Good for a Gluhwein stop and admire the scenery! Laughing
snow conditions
luigi wrote:
albob wrote:
Selva night life is a bit quiet - :: La Stua/bar Saltos/Luiskeller/Kronestube

But the afternoon apres is a bit lively if you catch the girls dancing in the snow at Piz Seteur, I think it's around 3pm on Tues & Thurs snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/J54c3WTNnAo

Those were the pre gondola days. It's gone to pot now. You may get a few hanging about when the girls are doing their thing, otherwise its pretty dead. The golden goose was well slaughtered on Piz Seteur.
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:

Those were the pre gondola days. It's gone to pot now. You may get a few hanging about when the girls are doing their thing, otherwise its pretty dead. The golden goose was well slaughtered on Piz Seteur.

That's funny! Laughing

Is that because the gondola goes a bit higher up the ridge and you have to ski back a bit, whereas the old chair dumped a steady stream of skiers right across the front? The Sole chair still goes there, but I guess that's not enough?

I bet the owner was mad about that! Shocked
snow report
The old chair delivered 1500 people an hour directly on to his bar. It was never quiet. He got greedy when the new lift was in the planning and asked for too much money to use his land, so they put in a mid station and went right around him. i've been told that in high season, he's 30,000Euro a day down. He also owns Salei over at Passo Sella, so he's not exactly dying a death.
The suspicion is, that Dolli Superski will do something similar over at Sochers/Saslong to put that clown in his place.
ski holidays
Eek! Doesn't do to get too greedy Shocked
ski holidays
But doesn't everyone from the top station have to ski nearly to the doorstep and then either take a left down to the comici chair etc or turn right down the blue slope below the piz setuer chair? Only difference now being you don't have to go past it. But you still end up right close to it. Suprised this has affected it that much!!
ski holidays
@jimmybog, No, there's a steepish drop to the left roughly half way between the top gondola station and Piz Setuer which drops onto the Comici/Piz Sella area. This renders the place somewhat isolated, compared to having 1500 people an hour delivered to your doorstep.
latest report
Aha, I see. Didn't realise there was another drop down to the comici chair. Thought it was just the one beside the restaurant. Not been since the new gondola was put in. Hopefully going to pop there next week for a day.

BTW, do you know if you can get to the comici chair from the gondola mid station? On videos it look like it's all uphill but it wasn't that clear.
ski holidays
@jimmybog, Ummm, I slight push uphill I reckon. The Piz Sella cable car from Plan De Gralba is a nice gentle alternative route to Comici. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
@jimmybog, No, there's a steepish drop to the left roughly half way between the top gondola station and Piz Setuer which drops onto the Comici/Piz Sella area. This renders the place somewhat isolated, compared to having 1500 people an hour delivered to your doorstep.

Yeah, I guess the Sella Ronda traffic drops down to the left to the huge Panorama chair and doesn't see Mitzi & Flori wiggling their tushies on the upturned barrels. snowHead
ski holidays
luigi wrote:
[
Yeah, I guess the Sella Ronda traffic drops down to the left to the huge Panorama chair and doesn't see Mitzi & Flori wiggling their tushies on the upturned barrels. snowHead

We didn't spot Mitzi or Flori at all last week and believe me, we had a damn good look. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mollerski wrote:
@jimmybog, Ummm, I slight push uphill I reckon. The Piz Sella cable car from Plan De Gralba is a nice gentle alternative route to Comici. Madeye-Smiley

Thanks Mollerski.
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:

We didn't spot Mitzi or Flori at all last week and believe me, we had a damn good look. wink

He's ever hopeful, he's still promising the spectacle of trashy europop dance entertainment every Tues & Thurs pm on his website

https://pizseteur.it/en/apres-ski/

Maybe you passed by on the wrong day?! snowHead
snow report
@luigi, Nope. The days and times are firmly etched in our brains. Razz
snow report
luigi wrote:
timmythedog wrote:
5. Any views on snow conditions mid -March?

Nobody can tell you what it will be like this March wink

But I can speak from some experience, I've been a few times in the 2nd & 3rd week in March. Once was powdery snow nearly every night, winter wonderland. Another time was Spring conditions, so a bit slushy in the afternoons on the valley runs, but got to eat ice cream watching the sun go down. The other time it was in between, some Spring snow, some fresh snowfall midweek. But the Sella Ronda was open every time and all main pistes were complete.

Obviously better snow was up higher when it was suffering lower down. Up above Plan de Gralba, Passo Sella and Col Rodella in the shadow of the mighty Sassolungo usually has the best snow in the Selva area. Seceda/Col Raiser side gets a lot of sun, so you'd need to time it right as it's just starting to soften late morning, some great sunny lunch spots over there too. Dantercepies side is mostly in shadow, but gets some sun in the afternoon, so can get pretty cut up with Sella Ronda traffic.

You will love it! snowHead

I'm off there for the first time in the first week in March; from what I can see the area has been one of the best so far this year. I've heard great things...!
latest report
@buchanan101, See the video I have posted in Dolomites ski report. From Ustaria Posta, upload yesterday
snow report
@buchanan101, We're there from the 4th to the 11th of March as a group of 27. Confused You'll not miss us. wink
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
@buchanan101, We're there from the 4th to the 11th of March as a group of 27. Confused You'll not miss us. wink

Same days. Are you doing what the Dutch do and have some sort of uniform?

Just me and the OH, who doesn't ski (but the area looks great for walkers)
snow report
@buchanan101, Categorically no uniforms, tabards or tee shirts. wink
snow conditions
Mollerski wrote:
@buchanan101, Categorically no uniforms, tabards or tee shirts. wink

Well then I might miss you!

Ah - you missed out silly ear attachments for helmets - is that it?
snow report
@buchanan101, You'll hear us. Confused
ski holidays
Mollerski wrote:

Oh God...

Brits abroad. Embarrassing...

Where are you staying - we are in Selva right next to the Nives drag?
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
Mollerski wrote:

Oh God...

Brits abroad. Embarrassing...

Where are you staying - we are in Selva right next to the Nives drag?

Half in the Hotel Flora and half nextdoor to you. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy