Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl vs Zermatt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello lovely Snowheads,
Advice welcome please for 2 ladies who are not confident intermediates/ fair weather skiers.
My friend likes apres (having been to St Anton several times)

We’ve kind of narrowed it to these 2 resorts as a choice and would welcome some guidance on diffferences/ suitability please
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@boo22, Ischgl.

Easier skiing and an easier area to navigate, and much better Apres
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can only speak for Ischgi. The apres ski is epic. Much better than St. Anton imv. Also ideal for intermediates.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think either resort would disappoint and I would do both in time. Zermatt's ski areas are a bit more spread out. Ischgl is a bit more integrated. Zermatt has probably marginally more skiing and finer views with the Matterhorn. Both are great places to ski but if I could only ski one and could afford it it would probably be Zermatt( and I love Ischgl)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in Ischgl at the moment and the snow conditions are very good. I also regularly ski Zermatt which is also one of my favourites. I'd say the skiing in Ischgl is great for intermediates and the Apres Ski is legendary with far more choice. The other thing I'd mention is that you get more bang for your buck in terms of eating out and the drinks prices, which is important in the current climate. You can still ski in Switzerland by taking a choice of 2 runs down to Samnoun which is duty free. I bought a litre bottle of Danish black currant vodka for 8 Swiss francs earlier this week, which stays nicely chilled on our balcony. The bottle is of an aluminium construction so perfectly safe for transportation in ones back pack. Both the runs down are perfectly ok for intermediate skiers, just keep an eye out for the boy/girl racers. You can also ski 3 other resorts on the ski pass - Galtur, See and Kappl. These are smaller resorts and not as busy and reachable on regular ski buses. Either way, they are both great resorts and Zermatt has the iconic Matterhorn to gaze at.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Toss a coin and do one this year and the other next. Easy, as both are great.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ischgl without question
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated
@JimboS I like that idea!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy