Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place in Morzine for cheap and cheerful ski gloves/goggles ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Been here 3 days and the kids have already managed to lose 2 pairs of ski gloves and a pair of goggles. Any recommendations for where to buy replacements ? Cheaper the better as it’s only for 2 more days. Basic brands is more than fine.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@gavman99, The old gloves attached to a piece of tape through the arms trick might be needed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@gavman99, sorry, no help in the short term but also think about a visor helmet the next time you are in the market for one. Far harder to lose a big item like that than just goggles on their own.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@gavman99, there was (haven't visited recently) a shop with brand mixture, other than costly headliners, in the mainstreet leading downward from main lift station. A friend bought some emergency salopette there as his had mysteriously "shrunk" to embarrassing size between ski trips Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Cheaper the better as it’s only for 2 more days.
Think you'll be lucky in a main resort in France. Captive market and all that...rolling eyes

Surely they'd be using the kit in the future @gavman99? Your post reads like you'll never be taking them skiing again! That'll teach them to lose stuff eh? wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

you'll be lucky in a main resort in France

@mountainaddict, cynic. Here in Chamonix (pretty "main") we have Technique Extreme, Decathlon and CMP ...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gavman99,

Intersport in the centre of town
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gavman99, there’s a charity/2nd hand shop called Montagne Verte in Morzine Centre, might be worth a look
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
cynic. Here in Chamonix (pretty "main") we have Technique Extreme, Decathlon and CMP ...
Fair dos @under a new name. I must be far too used to €100+ gloves in Tignes Laughing

Must admit, I haven't heard of Technique Extreme or CMP. I've found Decathlon prices to be unbeatable though - especially when some of the stuff in France is the same price in euros as in pounds in the UK shops (eg €50 and £50).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
id 2nd Intersport! there is a brand called Cairn which is very popular out there and very reasonable prices. saw an adults helmet and visor for €99 which i nearly bought.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ster wrote:
@gavman99, sorry, no help in the short term but also think about a visor helmet the next time you are in the market for one. Far harder to lose a big item like that than just goggles on their own.

One of my numpties managed to get of a ski bus in Arosa without either parent noticing he was helmetless until after the bus pulled off! Luckily recovered from the townhall lost / left on bus property department within an hour or so! Damn efficient and honest those Swissies!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How old are these numpties, @t44tomo?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
google Freeglisse thay are dow on autoroute & do second hand stuff
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
How old are these numpties, @t44tomo?

He was 6 at the time, middle of 3, and it was first family ski holiday
That said I've lent gear to a 50+ year old who turned up for a weekend skiing missing items!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy