Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Kids ski school booked out!

Poster: A snowHead
Hey hey!
We've booked a week at half term in Tignes to take our 4 year old skiing for the first time. Unfortunately every ski school is booked out for kids group ski lessons!!!
Any advice on how to get him into classes - he won't do well with private classes and will freak out, will be much easier with other kids.

Any advice appreciated!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not much you can do apart from maybe hoping there will be a cancellation or try finding an alternative nearby location where availability might still be there. Or maybe another school (ESI?) has spaces
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I haven't checked availability for you but have you tried Maison Sport? They list independent ski instructors, who are verified, however they won't be group classes and I am unsure what access to the jardin des enfants they will have but perhaps worth a go?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chattji,

Send me details of your requirements and I will see what I can do for you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stewart woodward, up in the middle of the night ready to help!! Madeye-Smiley That's disappointing, but not surprising, @Chattji, it's a hugely busy week. welcome to Snowheads. snowHead

If all else fails, with such little ones, although I'm a big enthusiast for ski lessons for all ages, you can have fun with them doing some "hands on knees" (absolutely no poles!!) playing around and if you have somebody competent to ski backwards in front of them, like the instructors do in 1 to 1 lessons with tinies, helping them get the snow plough, that's worthwhile too. But mostly sledging and building snowmen. If he likes toy cars, building roads and bridges is fun, too. They can only take so much sliding at that age. And next year, at 5, he'll be the ideal age to start learning seriously.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Great, thanks for all the input!
That was going to be the fallback...lots of snow play, loves a snowplough truck, cars, bridges and anything vehicle related so we should be fine! Just wanted him to start enjoying and seeing other kids get involved too.

@stewart - thank you! I'll ping you details.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry to intrude guys....but when is the UK half term??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dazman wrote:
Sorry to intrude guys....but when is the UK half term??

that is the true skiing dad asking! Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
w/c 13th February
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chattji wrote:
Great, thanks for all the input!
That was going to be the fallback...lots of snow play, loves a snowplough truck, cars, bridges and anything vehicle related so we should be fine! Just wanted him to start enjoying and seeing other kids get involved too.

@stewart - thank you! I'll ping you details.

The recycling bins (we have the type with handle at each end, rectangular in oblong shape, importantly with slight taper inward to base) make fantastic snow blocks to build an igloo with.

Just fill with snow shovel, tamp it down and tip out one beautiful block. Just keep going until full igloo is achieved Very Happy

Well need a picture if you complete it though. Laughing

Our children loved the little igloos built at village in Praz d Lys, couldn't get them out when younger.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pyramus, I live in Rutland and ours is the week after.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chattji wrote:
Hey hey!
We've booked a week at half term in Tignes to take our 4 year old skiing for the first time. Unfortunately every ski school is booked out for kids group ski lessons!!!
Any advice on how to get him into classes - he won't do well with private classes and will freak out, will be much easier with other kids.

Any advice appreciated!!

Can you get him to a snowdome and get some lessons before you go - that's what we did with ours, so they could ski with us in the afternoons even from day 1 on holiday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The problem is that all our various half term weeks always coincide with the French "vacances scolaire" weeks, which spread over 4 weeks, with the Paris (zone C) fortnight the worst by a country kilometre.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimummk wrote:
Chattji wrote:
Hey hey!

Any advice appreciated!!

Can you get him to a snowdome and get some lessons before you go - that's what we did with ours, so they could ski with us in the afternoons even from day 1 on holiday.

Every child is different of course but I doubt they will be skiing in the afternoon (in any meaningful way) with a four year old after a snowdome lesson Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, I'd agree with that. And unless you have a snowdome near home, it's quite a faff - and not cheap. I say that having dragged my family to ski lessons on a primitive dry slope in the Ayrshire coalfield, where the drag lift had long broken down and you had to shoulder skis and walk up. Very good for the legs...... rolling eyes I must have been mad.
snow report
alexsas wrote:
skimummk wrote:
Chattji wrote:
Hey hey!

Any advice appreciated!!

Every child is different of course but I doubt they will be skiing in the afternoon (in any meaningful way) with a four year old after a snowdome lesson Happy

NB - I said lessons (plural) one lesson would obviously be a waste of time Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy