Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens - general questions about food, things to do and runs to ski!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

Son and I are heading to Val Thorens in a couple of days for a week, first day on the slopes will be the 1st Jan. I wonder if anyone could help out and perhaps suggest some nice places to eat in the evening please? Sadly, he can be a bit fussy so probably looking at something not too expensive, pizza, chicken, burgers, steaks, that sort of thing. Having said that, please suggest any other place you might recommended - I could bribe him!

Also, we booked a hotel but not sure if it will be lively in the evening. Any suggestions on things a 15 year old might like to do? Perhaps a sports bar where we can play pool or something like that?

And what about some must-do runs? Either VT or elsewhere please across the whole ski area.

Another question, we booked a pass through the TO. Does anyone know if we can add Carré Neige Insurance separately? I suspect the TO rep will have the pass ready for us so not sure if I can go back to the ticket office to buy.

Finally, we are both sociable (me more so than him, grumpy teenager, lol) so very happy to meet up with anyone else that might be out that week.

Sorry for all the questions. Any hints and tips most welcome! Thanks. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The bowling alley can be fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spacetrucker wrote:
The bowling alley can be fun.

Thank you. That sounds like just the thing I’m thinking of.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The night-time toboggan run down from Peclet is something I tried with friend who had kids around that age. It was carnage but great fun.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can add on the Carre Niege at any ticket office. Just make sure that you do it before you ski. We are just back, ate at La Grange every night and would recommend. Another shout for the bowling alley, they have a small arcade section and four pool tables too. The swimming pool is excellent and has a spa (at additional cost). Peclet lift is the best in my opinion. Gondola from nursery area up to 2950m and a choice of nice long reds and a blue back down to town. We skied over to Courchevel but stayed in VT on the other days and it’s a bit of a schlep and you spend a lot of time on lifts. I would stick to VT & Orelle, there’s plenty to keep you occupied there.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spacetrucker wrote:
The night-time toboggan run down from Peclet is something I tried with friend who had kids around that age. It was carnage but great fun.

Thanks. Just checked it. Sadly, seems it opens on the 7th which is the day we leave. We did one in La Plagne three years ago. Was good fun but actually pretty fast and tricky. I recall it being hard work in heavy ski boots. Too big and clunky! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JoyZipper,

Thanks for the tips! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Sadly, he can be a bit fussy

Quote:

so probably looking at something not too expensive, pizza, chicken, burgers, steaks

Isn't this a contradiction?
The best runs I found in the 3 valleys were on La Masse or the Vallon, but you want a challenge the the grand coulior in Courcehevel is good, but at the moment I suspect that it will be short of snow and closed at the moment.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE,

Lost me with the contradiction part but thanks for the runs! I’ll try check them out. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy