Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP! Zell Am See Transfers from Munich Airport on Boxing Day!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We have booked a last minute trip and will be flying to Munich on Boxing Day arriving into Munich Airport at 7:30pm. We cannot unfortunately catch the train as the last one leaves at 7:45 which I am doubtful we would ever make considering getting luggage etc.

My question therefore: Does anyone know of any transfer companies or accommodations that offer reasonably priced shared transfers to Zell? What are our options? Our quotes so far have been upwards of 600 euros return which seems insane….

Would be really grateful to hear from anyone…

Happy to share lifts of course if anyone else is in the same pickle???

Thanks

Sara
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just googled that, in an idle moment. It's two 360kms round trips, and the outward journey is on a Bank Holiday, when you'd expect costs to be high. If that quote is for 2 of you, it seems reasonable to me. The trip would take around 6 hours and cost quite a lot in fuel - the net "profit" (on which the operator would pay tax) is not huge. What would you pay for such a journey by taxi in the UK?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alternatively, you could stay overnight in Munich and get an early train the next morning. The 7am gets you into Zell am See by 10.15.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote looks good. But do you need a taxi return?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks both for your replies…
We would need a return yes. I feel like transfers have gone through the roof the last few seasons Sad I appreciate the cost of fuel etc etc, but Google maps has it as 2.5 hours…

We are considering the train on the way back and just a single to get there at the moment, that’s our newest thought Eh oh!Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@sab85, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've used Four Seasons Travel several times for transfers from Munich airport and can recommend them. I checked and they are showing a one way transfer to Zell am See for two people on 26/12/2022 as €228 (or €456 return).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sab85, dont forget the driver has to do twice the drive so it would be around 5 hours driving time for them. Best option might be to stop somewhere short of Zell. Kufstein might be a good option as easy to get to from Munich and easy to move on from the next day
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Put as much stuff as possible in your hand luggage because there are a lot of planes to and from Munich taking off with no luggage on the plane. There are something like 32,000 bags in Munich alone which need to be reunited with their owners. Sorry to sound negative but just wanted to warn you it’s nuts with luggage at the moment (regardless of baggage handler strikes)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarlet wrote:
Alternatively, you could stay overnight in Munich and get an early train the next morning. The 7am gets you into Zell am See by 10.15.

I’d do this personally.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could get train to Traunstein and transfer from there.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sab85, same company two different links they run a shuttle service and do private transfers , their last shuttle from Munich is 20.00, we have used them from Salzburg on several occasions, 30 minutes is ok at Salzburg chances are you might be the only ones on the shuttle and they will wait might be an additional fee for waiting, they did that fro us in Salzburg charged 30 euro extra as we were 3 hours late and the only ones on a Sunday shuttle

https://www.gasteintaxi.com/images/content/shuttle-transfer/airport-transfers/low-cost-info/airport-shuttle-sahi.pdf

https://www.austriatransfer.com/en

Your could request the shuttle on the second link , you need to provide flight details then the allocate which shuttle
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great stuff thanks so much for all for your suggestions everyone, all valid and helpful, we are really grateful.

We have actually just booked with the suggestion of GasteinTaxis as @radar suggested, on a shared shuttle for €480 euros return for the both of us - I think that’s a bargain!

Thanks also for the tip off regarding Munich luggage @VolklAttivaS5.

Zell Am See here we come! If anyone has been and has recommendations, would love to hear them! We love Austria Eh oh!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sab85, this might help https://www.facebook.com/groups/1750872118572399 it's the SCGB Facebook page for Zell

Glad you got the transfer sorted
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy