Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways confirms new luggage policies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dennisp wrote:

Any thoughts on the 'best' option (as a whole) from UK to say Geneva? We flew BA to Innsbruck a few years ago and I remember the price was about £15 more than easyjet. We turned up to the airport and the queue for EJ was about 2 hours+, and for BA it was 15 mins. That was justification for about a £1000 difference! lol

Same justification I make for business class, saves so much time and hassle. Add in a free meal, basically, in the lounge as well as the baggage allowance and it's suddenly not so big a price difference
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feef, I think you'd find Priority Pass better vfm...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I may be wrong but isn't this what BA used to do ? - 1 bag + sports equipment foc ? We flew with them from Gatwick to Salzburg before they changed their policy to charging for sports gear and booking early it worked out cheaper than Squeezy or Ryan and a better experience all round. It surprised me when they started charging but they must have figured that was what worked at the time.
I think the carry-on only thing is inspired by turnaound and airport charges. I commute regularly to Stockholm with either Ryan from Stansted or SAS from LHR and hold baggage is the exception these days - the BA flights from City are smaller planes as well
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
feef, I think you'd find Priority Pass better vfm...

Priority Pass doesn't give the extra baggage allowance. I'm adding it all up.

Don't have to pay for food at the airport.
Don't have to pay for more baggage (2*32kg bags is ample)

At between £34 and £40 for your first extra bag, each way, plus say an easy £20 for a meal and a drink at the airport in each direction, then that's around £110 worth of 'extras' included that you'd have to pay for in economy.

Add in the better seats in the aircraft, the priority boarding and security fast-track, and business class doesn't seem such a bad deal
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
feef, had we been able to get to Gatwick for the BA flights to Venice, I would have upgraded in at least one direction as it was not too unreasonable to do so.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name,

With Priority Pass aren't you limited to a certain number of lounge visits a year?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
depends on membership level you choose. budget membership costs you €25/entry, medium membership give 10 lounge trips for free, then €25 thereafter (equivalent to buying a block of 10 entries and paying for each subsequent), superduper top of the range membership is unlimited.
may vary depending on where you live of course.

I looked at it, cos working for a public funded agency they have to be seen to be cutting costs. so all sub 3-hour travel is now economy-flex not business-flex. but that saves booger all cash, but just means we're forced to go thru the economy security queue with the tourists (which in frankfurt usually takes 45 minutes vs 15 minutes), and no free peanuts and beer, and less overhead locker space for wheely case and laptop bag.

I'd really like it if Priority Pass gave automatic right to go thru any business/first check-in or security line. Lounge I can live without.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, the other problem I found when I had my subscription with Priority Pass was the lounge you had access to was invariably of a much lower standard than the premium lounges of BA, Virgin etc.

Granted, most of the stuff available was gratis, there just wasn't much on offer and the surroundings weren't that great. Oh, and in some cases ( and I accept this is occasionally true of the other lounges) their location was in the bowels of the airport.

But as andy says, it really fails in that there is no gain in clearing security.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a PP fanboi but -

We get two free unlimited Priority Passes with our credit card (and a host of other benefits which easily justify the £250 card fee). So no charges, unlimited use, etc. I've been known to fly about 50 return flights a year so even if I only had a cup of coffee (I prefer prosecco) it would easily pay for itself.

And generally I find the lounges in most airports to be pretty OK - especially outside the UK. The new one it Gatwick is excellent although seems to require reservation ahead. Based in Geneva I have become very partial to their mini ham rolls.

Totally agree though, having a priority security line would be a major bonus but I would want there to be a written exam on general airport procedures before you were entitled to do so. Just because someone can pay to do something doesn't mean they should be entitled to it... c.f. the bunch of yoicks being evicted from the lounge at Glasgow a couple of weeks ago for being abusive and totally out of order. That's what you get when you let anyone in with cash.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy