Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wagrain 2nd week Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all!
Ive only ever really gone skiing in January, I like the cold and its a sorta lull between Xmas and the school hols in Feb, but this year looks like 2nd week off Feb cos i got stuff to do!
I'll probably head to the Wagrain/Flachau area I always loved it there, great area, fab little b&b i stay at, but how about crowds mid Feb?
Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@shiva_71, all of February is busy as those are the school holiday dates for Austria, Germany, Netherlands and many other European Countries. Calendar week 7 from 12.02 is holiday week for Tirol, Salzburg, Burgenland, Karinthia and Vorarlberg in Austria, also Sachsen and Thüringen in Germany, most regions of Denmark, and some regions of Czechia and Poland. However from the four February weeks, this is probably the best one. Your chosen accommodation may already be full for February.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah ok brill thanks ill get that booked asap Very Happy
Yep my first trip in Feb, ive been very fortunate that as a freelancer i was always able to pick where and when so yea 2/3rd week of Jan always in the Dolomites/ Sella area which is where ive been last 7 Jans (there are other less pleasant aspects of being a freelancer, like being BROKE) and obvioulsy there you can find all the space you want!
But had plenty of stays in Wagrain (Jan/March, love it, hop down to Kleinarl/Flachawinkel, always pretty empty there and of course noch weiter to Zauchensee so yeah i love that area!
I always found the very top of Flachau busy but other runs like the Red8 (not sure aboput that) stayed fairly quiet.
Always found it really friendly there !!
You living in Salzburg?
Cheers!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shiva_71, yes I am Austrian living in Salzburg. I did study and also work in UK and Ireland for a few years. Hopefully my English has not yet deteriorated! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@shiva_71, Not sure when you were last in Wagrain, but the new Panorama Link from top of Flying Mozart to top of Klienarl means its not so empty anymore. But it does save you the Bus Ride and they've added a couple of new pistes. Pop into the Lumberjack Cafe when you're over there,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mankei wrote:
@shiva_71, yes I am Austrian living in Salzburg. I did study and also work in UK and Ireland for a few years. Hopefully my English has not yet deteriorated! Laughing

Doesnt seem like it!

RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@shiva_71, Not sure when you were last in Wagrain, but the new Panorama Link from top of Flying Mozart to top of Klienarl means its not so empty anymore. But it does save you the Bus Ride and they've added a couple of new pistes. Pop into the Lumberjack Cafe when you're over there,

Oh right no i didnt know about that, yes id expect more people in that case but hopefully not so crowded!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy