Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So, who's on for MK on the 1st July?

Poster: A snowHead
So, who is actually on (or up) for it....

Me
Yoda,
RachelQ
Annehillskiing,
Andy2005,

austin7? Incogskisnow? Michelle? NickL? GrahamN? Masque?
?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definitely add me to the list SmileSmileSmile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You sure about that austin7, you're not going to turn up a month late or something?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or last month? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LOL @ er, me !

Yes, I'll be there Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm committed to the 4th. with a side trip to Herts. after. The 1st is already taken by another commitment, sorry guys
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm up for this.....in principle Wink. Any guesses as to what time? Some competition for this has turned up in that there is a race at Aldershot the following day (which I was always going to), but also now there's this Masters (aka 'old farts') race coaching session on the Sat pm at Aldershot too, which could be useful (but I need to find out what it entails first). So I'm now a definite maybe on MK - would like to come, but...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They don't have Saturday cheap Phat-night any more but Freestle night for skiers and boarders, 7.00pm - 11.00 for £35, first Saturday of the month. Not sure what this means (using rails and jumps etc? There aren't any at present - just a really big bump)
Otherwise peak rate for adults is £21, per hour, £31 for 2 hours. About £5 off for SCGB members off that.
There are cheap rates for groups of 10 or more, I notice.
Their website is http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/milton-keynes/?PHPSESSID=82867c83360beaa362e38f8a1497276d

Any opinions?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like phat night by another name to me. Same price, same timings, same slope - same thing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, I couldn't remember if Phat was from 6.00 or 7.00. (Thought it was 6.00)
Looks like meeting 6.30 for 7.00 then? Or any other ideas?
Yes, I'm up for food and drink. That pizza and pasta place is quite good - I think it is called ASK - not sure what time it closes.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 17-06-06 11:19; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
6.30 for 7 is fine by me Smile

How about pm'ing some of the other regualrs/ski-test attendees ?

I've put a 'flyer' up on the 'Events' section for it Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If people prefer afternoon please say.

I don't think anyone has arranged a ski test. Who did it last time?

Yes PMing sounds good - or e mails (if people are on here they will see the thread anyway)
I am just off to a wedding so cannot do any this weekend.

I think this was the thread for last time:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=6972&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ski+test+mk&start=80 though I'm not sure if more people came to the one before.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Re. ski test: There is very little chance of getting the reps from the ski companies to come along on a Saturday Evening. Afternoon is far more likely though.

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything for the 1st of Jan, sorry Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...or even 1st Jul Wink

I'll certainly try to get along for this...but will confirm later.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
erm, yeah sorry 1st of Jul Embarassed
snow conditions
snowball, sorry...despite being one of the early 'yea's for this, it looks like I won't be able to get there now. This Masters Race Training thing looks as if it's right up my street, and won't finish in time for me to get there, ....and I'll need to sharpen and wax my skis before 8am the following day, ...and rails/jumps don't really do anything for me whereas poles get me quite excited (...no Masque...you really don't need to go there Wink Very Happy ) .... and I'm just really a bit of a wuss Sad .

Have fun, and sorry not to be there.

(The 8th would now also probably not be any good for me as it looks like I'll be going then to a race in Essex...eurgghhh!)
snow conditions
Just so I understand is everyone planning to rock up on a freestyle night and hack off the assembled ranks by just skiing or is the plan to hit the rails yourselves?
snow report
fatbob, when u get there, just do what u want - thats usually how it works !
ski holidays
I'm not going to damage my skis by using them on rails (there weren't any when I was there last, just after a first of the month, but they may put some up before we go I suppose). However at least one side is normally free of them.

But I shall certainly get a bit of air off the midslope bump I mentioned Very Happy
snow report
I'd be quite keen but if its the once monthly major freestyle night I'd expect them to have a lot of features out - some of which they take down by the next day to accomodate kid's ski coaching/tobogganing etc. It's not the easiest skiing having to snake between lots of rails and boxes and is pretty bad etiquette if it's stopping others waiting to acces them. Has anyone actually checked with Xscape whether the whole slope will be freestyle features etc?
snow report
Well, I rang and asked if a group of us came and most didn't want to use the rails if that would be OK and they said yes.
As I said, they are starting from a base of no rails or proper jumps when I was there on the 13th, 10 days after one of those session.
I rather doubt there would be many. Jumps normally have to have a member of staff by them, so I expect there would just be one.
snow conditions
So, as far as anyone has said so far, it will be:

Me
Yoda,
RachelQ
Annehillskiing,
Andy2005,
hels_t
austin7
perhaps fatbob?

at 6.30 to ski at 7.00
Looks like no test this time unless you come in the afternoon and ask Steve unofficially.

Incogskisnow? Michelle? NickL? Not sure if you said no already, but I see you have kept an eye on these threads.

fatbob, have you been there during one of these Saturday freestyle sessions? (They do freestyle nights every Thursday and Friday but I notice this one is advertised as having a full park, which may mean more rails etc than the usual.)
latest report
Not been myself as I'm too injury prone to deliberately expose myself to certain falls onto hard bits of furniture but I understood that they made a bit of an effort with the special nights. Of course being Xscape a bit of effort might mean printing a couple of flyers and changing the CD on continuous loop but when I have been on Sundays there is quite often a fair bit of piste furniture out. Agree that they probably don't have that many jumps as these take time and effort (& snow) to build but building in and taking down rails and boxes is easier. Think I'm more likely to make a trip on a Sunday than risk Saturday being a bit of a washout.

The features are easy enough to ski round but if there are lots of people waiting to use them its a bit rude.
latest report
snowball, Sorry, I am going on the 4th, though had I realized this was going to be an evening event I could have made it. Never mind, next time. Have fun all !!! snowHead
snow report
fatbob, well no, I won't be using the rails either.
I'd guess that Sunday they wouldn't take things down from the Saturday evening, so I imagine that is what you saw. They'd wait till the empty Monday mornings to take things down.
However, perhaps we'll meet when snowheads arrange a test session at the higher, normal prices.

Personally I can't see the rails making all that much difference and the fact of a likely jump being open is a plus for me. (I'm not a great jumps person, but after an hour just going up and down a very easy slope can get a bit boring).

IncogSkiSno You could always do both!
snow report
OK having done a bit more research this appears to be the parkstrife layout - the good news is that you'll have an airbag to try out, the bad news is the slopes look pretty full

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/tb.php?/news/article.html?newsid1151485702,1300,
latest report
What are all those things and why are they all over the snow ? Will there e any chance of normal skiing ?

As I dont use any of them (I think) , I'll pop in Saturday morning maybe and have a look at what they're doing to the place....
latest report
There's a chance I could make it as I'm planning on collecting an ebay purchase from Surrey on Saturday afternoon so I thought I might call in for a ski on the way back. Won't know for definate until Saturday morning though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh b****r this doesn't look too good - I didn't imagine so much stuff (I thought perhaps 4 or 5 rails and a jump). Thanks fatbob. I think we chose a bad day. Mind you, if you imagine each one as tiny in relation to the whole slope as it actually is it wouldn't be so bad as it looks here.
Airbag? Why is that good news?
Surely most of that stuff has got to be set up on the day before?

I'd like some opinions.
Go anyway? Change to afternoon and test some skis?
snow conditions
the whole of the left hand slope (as u look from the bottom) will have something called a kicker across the entire breadth of it near the top. i think this is a short, very steep, ramp that borders like and skiers hate.
ski holidays
Normally the kicker is only a very small part of the width, but a sort of wide bump or shelf had been made at that point onto which the kicker was superimposed last time. This is probably what has been done again, perhaps with the kicker a bit further back, since I gather that last time some people were landing too far down, on the flat below. I thought the shelf, or bump improved the slope.

Most, if not all, of these objects will have been there most of the day, so they cannot block the pistes completely for those skiing in the afternoon. However when in use they rule out more of the piste.
snow conditions
See slikedges new post in Urgent note

Quote: "Spoke today to someone who works there. Apparently freestyle night is now Thu, so rails and things should be gone or gone-ish on Sat evenings from now. Except that the left hand slope as you look up has now got a large roller seemingly as a permanent fixture (it's the landing for a kicker). Can't be there myself tomorrow evening."

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 1-07-06 13:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
So 4 us there should be enough slopes 4 us 2 play on!!!!
snow report
Embarassed Sorry Embarassed See my post here Embarassed
snow report
It looks like a matter of lets go down there and see what happens!!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy