Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stirrup Salopettes

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I have bought a ski suit with stirrup salopettes. Now I am worried how these will work with ski boots. I have only ever hired ski wear previously. But now I have committed to skiing and bought, but I’m worried i’ve fallen at the first hurdle. Can anyone offer any advice or reassurance? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Que?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Presumably they have to go inside ski boots? Not a great idea. If they are big enough to go OVER the boots, just chop off the stirrups.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Definitely not baggy enough to go over the boots!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kecks go outside your boots always
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Now I know why the suit was such a bargain
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would have a look on TK Maxx and get some "ordinary" Salopettes, as nothing should be inside your Ski Boots but a thin pair of well fitting Ski Socks. Stirrups went out in the 60s - so I don't know why they have made a return.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I may as well admit the second stupid thing about the ski suit now. The jacket zips to the salopettes at the waist!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
REM1 wrote:
I may as well admit the second stupid thing about the ski suit now. The jacket zips to the salopettes at the waist!

If the Jacket can be worn with other Salopettes - Happy days. If not, get a Jacket from TK Maxx as well.

Their best range is on line. After a certain spend, postage is free and if not suitable can be returned to any shop.

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/women/activewear/ski+snowboarding/c/01030200?st=&sort=publishedDate-desc&facets=stockLevelStatus:inStock&page=0

If you don't see anything you like - stuff gets added regularly.....or try Sport Pursuit.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 23-11-22 19:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think I may be able to get away with bib style salopettes underneath the jacket. I’ll order some and see. Thanks for the link!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Otherwise scissors! Or wear them and risk painful legs?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@REM1, Sounds like you have bought a snow suit. If you bought online then you are covered by the distance selling rules and you can simply send it back.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’m stuck with the ski suit as I’ve had it longer than 28 days. I was hoping someone would say, “i’ve got stirrup salopettes, they’re great! Don’t worry…”
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@REM1, its obviously a proper vintage number. Try selling it on eBay?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a pair of Ski trousers with 'stirrups' many many years ago ; they were OK, but I was in hired boots massively too big for me!!
I wouldn't entertain them now tho'
snow report
No it’s new! It’s by Mackage. I got it for a bargain - £200 from £1200. It had sold out in other colours and sizes too. Good idea to sell it though and start again. Especially if the consensus is stirrups are stupid.
ski holidays
This stuff? https://www.mackage.co.uk/ There are definitely words for that Shocked

Tip: it’s not for skiing.
latest report
Yep that stuff. Feeling pretty stupid about it. I have had a google and there are lots of stirrup salopettes for sale. Maybe no one actual skis in them. Just flounces about!
snow conditions
TBF the ski suits on the current website look like the kecks are designed to go on the outside of the boots Puzzled
snow conditions
Thanks albob - I’m hiring boots!
ski holidays
@REM1, while I’m glad you didn’t spent £1400 on a ski suit, you could get some really decent gear for that kind of money, but not from there. Stirrups or not (I’m sure you’ll make your money back on eBay), this is fashion wear, not ski wear, and doesn’t meet the basic requirements (dry, functional…).

If you need help with clothing, just ask. Between us, we can do a LOT better.
latest report
Thanks Scarlet
ski holidays
Oh my lord! Oh my eyes!

Looks like the oligarchs mistress collection.
https://www.mackage.co.uk/collections/womens-ski-collection

I assume the "metallic sweatpants" aren't breathable? Shocked Laughing Laughing
latest report
I'm excited for my first sighting of Aeryn down metallic sweatpants in the wild.

Some of the other stuff seems like it would not be out of place among the Bognerites of Aspen, VDI or Lech though so it might be ok for some types of skiing.
snow conditions
Stirrups?
They might keep you warm, but I would question if they are any good for wet snowy weather.
Waterproof rating is certainly something I would be looking at if it has something that gets in the way of a ski boot.
latest report
It has all the pockets, zips, hoods, lining, bells and whistles just with bloody stirrups! Mine is not thankfully NOT metallic!
latest report
Good point Gored - was worried snow may get down into the boot!
snow report
I thought stirrups were something that goes on a horse?!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
I thought stirrups were something that goes on a horse?!

Nah think tracki bottoms from the Kes era
snow conditions
This thread is useless without pictures. More pictures, please @REM1.
snow report
REM1 wrote:
Good point Gored - was worried snow may get down into the boot!

nothing to do with snow getting down the boot. It's about keeping dry!
They could just be fashion clothing & absolutely useless for using on piste - more for apres!
You need to check the weatherproofing. 5000 rating is going to get soaking if caught in heavy snow!
ski holidays
I thought stirrups went on sofas Puzzled
ski holidays
Anything inside your boot other than your foot and a sock is a terrible idea!
I don't think whoever designed your kit has ever clipped into a pair of skis.
They may have had a coffee in a restaurant in Vail or Courcheval but I reckon that's as close as they've got!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy