Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Return of the Mac

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
4 years off of snow due to work situation... but in January I finally get back on the skis! Les Menuires (with 2 kids now!) for a week, can't wait!

Previous comfortable intermediate skier (reds/blacks but hate ice)

Any advice for returning after a few years?

~Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's like riding a bike - but get fit before you go (Aerobic/Legs/Balance). Maybe get a lesson or two when you find your ski legs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lessons
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lessons
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Fartbag wrote:
It's like riding a bike - but get fit before you go (Aerobic/Legs/Balance). Maybe get a lesson or two when you find your ski legs.

Ironically, Im actually in better shape than when I last went!

I guess its the feel for it that will take a few days
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
'Lessons' is an interesting suggestion. Skied for 10 years (only couple times a year tbf) before stopping and took 'informal' lesson from family out there.

Do people have 'tune-up' lessons? I guess I do every so often with my golf game!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mac22, a couple of hours with an instructor is always helpful, they can see what’s holding you back and give you drill’s options help get whatever it is sorted out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mac22, I try and have a few lessons every season. I’ve been skiing 25 years and spent 7yrs/ winters in the Alps and I still have lots to learn.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mac22, very defo people have tune up lessons. To put in context, many actual instructors have tune up sessions every year ...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mac22, I always take lessons. Four of us took a day lesson in Arabba and all improved last year and I think three of us have BASI level 1 or 2.

You can never stop learning.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
With two young beginners now in tow your own level of skiing, and hence lessons, has become irrelevant wink . I'd focus on core strength for snowploughing and lifting weights from ground level, zen calmness meditation for (baby)sitting in the apartment watching it dump, and the wallet flexing muscles. Been there done that snowHead.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mac22, don't worry about, you'll storm it, like riding a bike etc etc.

Maybe get some lessons booked though just in case. Hope you have a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy