Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier snow record

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me what the snow record is like for late season (ie April) in Serre Che?
I would have asked this on the appropriate Snow reports thread, but there doesn't seem to be one ...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's one for 2021/22.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there in mid-March 2022 and it was borderline, even for end of season... I'd haven't wanted to have been there in late April!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@karin, sorry as we don't have any snow yet, and the forecast keeps failing to materialise, so I think that's the reason why @KenX or me haven't started the thread yet.

That said I came close to starting it today as the snow-cannon were working, but turned out they were only testing them.

If it's piste skiing you're after then I'd go higher to the likes of VT etc and not just because of the snow, but because the last three or so seasons (not covid ones) the resort has been closing down with still a couple of weeks to go, including restaurants up the hill, and that includes lifts and pistes!

The positive is that is can be blissfully quiet Cool

If the snow pack is good, then ski touring can last into mid May and we must be due a good end April / May not least based on Sods law as I have to go back to the UK as it's my Mum's 100th on the 19th Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

There's one for 2021/22.

Ah, missed that, I obviously didn't look back far enough.

@Weathercam, thanks, I did think that you might be one of the people who replied Smile

A friend and I have just booked for March 19th, and he is just wondering whether to book the same place for the 2nd week in April with his family, but never having been to Serre Chevalier before, we've got no idea how well the end of season snow holds up. TBH they're used to going end of season, and can deal with soggy snow, so long as there is actually some left. But if the infrastructure is closing down by then, that's more of an issue really.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@karin, if it's a family holiday with kids etc then it can be brilliant in the sunshine etc and like I say can be blissfully quite compared to elsewhere, and yes maybe a few restos close down but others remain open. More than enough to compensate, and I think that's reflected in the lift prices.

I might even start the new thread today, as the snow-line has creeped down the hill some more Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy