Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti Superski 2022/23

Poster: A snowHead
Alastair Pink wrote:
Igor's latest video is covering the Civetta ski area. He and Gabriel (what a hot shot skier he now is!) ski round the area with scenes which will be extremely familiar to anyone who has been on the preBBWUW! Very Happy
http://youtube.com/v/ZcqUcuSJLKE

Nice vid, I really enjoyed the little of the Civetta area that we did when we did the war tour, would love to see more of it, it looked really beautiful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@T Bar, go on the next preBBWUW and you can explore all of it! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink wrote:
@T Bar, go on the next preBBWUW and you can explore all of it! snowHead

Nice idea but we're probably off to Corvara again.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
buchanan101 wrote:
The cannon should be able to fire in a couple of days. Given that they’ve had good snow this year (for the Dolomites) hopefully plenty of water left.

I think they usually aim to make enough snow in December to last all season. I dont think they normally make snow after mid January? Pretty much everything looks to be open and I’m not hearing any reports about worn pistes or ice though I imagine the snow must have been getting very soft in the afternoons!
Here is the weather data from Canazei 1400m.

https://www.bergfex.com/trentino/wetter/stationen/canazei/

Over the last 14 days
Temperature has been peaking at about 12c but there have also been air frosts most nights. Very low humidity and light winds has preserved the snow well. Today and yesterday have been cooler but also with higher humidity. Cold on Sunday then warming up to average for the season. Pistes still look rather busy !

https://www.bergfex.com/arabba/webcams/c11104/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Peter S, they fired some cannon at the end of Jan in Ellmau but that was needed. But as you say webcams show pistes ok.

Busy - was Zell am See last February. I’m sure SR is quieter…
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Top of Madonna di Campiglio had 10-15cm of very fine snow before opening this morning. Bit bumpy now but will be great first thing tomorrow
Surprised how good it is. Quite bysy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BoardieK wrote:
Top of Madonna di Campiglio had 10-15cm of very fine snow before opening this morning. Bit bumpy now but will be great first thing tomorrow
Surprised how good it is. Quite bysy.
I see a very fine dusting on Selva webcams - actually I mean on the ground, not actually on the webcams themselves
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MdC pistes great this morning. Top of Groste, sunny, loads of grip, first down Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BoardieK wrote:
MdC pistes great this morning. Top of Groste, sunny, loads of grip, first down Madeye-Smiley

Yeah, but what are conditions like on the Sella Ronda...

Half of Snowheads seem to be there next week

Looks reasonable and busy-ish on the webcams
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I'll be there! Is there a meet-up arranged somewhere? Staying in Badia.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oblos wrote:
Quote:

I'll be there! Is there a meet-up arranged somewhere? Staying in Badia.

Not that I know of - I know someone said they'd be there in a group of 27 and another in a group of 6.

Staying in Selva.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

a group of 27 and another in a group of 6.

I'm the only Snowhead in our group of 7.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oblos wrote:
Quote:

a group of 27 and another in a group of 6.

I'm the only Snowhead in our group of 7.

What's wrong with them...?!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

What's wrong with them...?!

Nothing - they're all lovely!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
buchanan101 wrote:
BoardieK wrote:

It’s been busy since early December. Everyone seems to be heading there post Covid. With the seemingly endless good weather they must be raking it in from ticket sales, ski hire. Accommodation and food and drink !
snow report
I will be in the region (Sella Ronda) again from 19 March. Hoping for snowfall between now and then.
snow report
SteveM wrote:
I will be in the region (Sella Ronda) again from 19 March. Hoping for snowfall between now and then.

A risky week from 1st April for us in Selva …!
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:
BoardieK wrote:

It’s been busy since early December. Everyone seems to be heading there post Covid. With the seemingly endless good weather they must be raking it in from ticket sales, ski hire. Accommodation and food and drink !

Well, good weather is very subjective.
ski holidays
@Raven, judging by the number of people on slopes in fine sunny weather and when snow is falling, “good weather” to most skiers is good weather!
snow report
[quote="buchanan101"][quote="Oblos"]
Quote:

I know someone said they'd be there in a group of 27
Staying in Selva.

That 'someone' may've been me. The group just kept growing. Confused

We fly this Saturday should anyone wish to avoid us. Smile
snow report
@Mollerski, Out of interest (for best avoidance), which Airport and which town/village?

I will be on the look out for 27 Brits... will be difficult to miss*. I'm the big guy all on his tod in a orange Arc'Teryx shell... hard to miss...

(*I assume that you won't all be skiing together - that'd be impossible!)
snow conditions
A question; can’t remember what plugs Italy uses but a quick google shows it may be 3 pins in a row (type L) and not standard Euro ones?
ski holidays
@buchanan101, depends...my last trip it was standard euro
ski holidays
Italy uses 3 male pins in a row, most EU adaptors will work but might not earth, ok for chargers etc, a concern for hair dryers
snow report
hobbiteater wrote:
Italy uses 3 male pins in a row, most EU adaptors will work but might not earth, ok for chargers etc, a concern for hair dryers

I get it - the outside two are on the same pitch as the standard EU ones

Will get a couple then. Thanks
ski holidays
I can see on some of the Alta Badia webcams that they are now making snow in a few places which suggests that in some places they need a bit more to last the next 6 weeks Puzzled
snow report
@buchanan101, Some INNS, others Verona. We're all in Selva, dotted around various hotels. No, we definitely will not be skiing as a group of 27. We'll be in smaller groups of matched ability and there are two separate excursions to Lagazuoi/Cortina planned, which include overnight stays. Apres time in Selva could get a little lively however.
ski holidays
A couple of inches of snow at village level in Madonna di Campiglio overnight, stopped now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well that's a blow, sticky snow on top of pistes. Could only ride straight down the blue but the red was just about ok.

Also think my board needs a wax Sad
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/wetter/prognose/#day3

A bit more snow in the forecast but not enough to be disruptive and the wind and temperatures look good. I know what you mean about sticky clumpy snow spoiling the piste surface.
ski holidays
But its absolutely perfect today Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Peter S wrote:
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/wetter/prognose/#day3

A bit more snow in the forecast but not enough to be disruptive and the wind and temperatures look good. I know what you mean about sticky clumpy snow spoiling the piste surface.

Forecast for next week is getting sunnier and drier by the hour (or however often Bergfex update). Staying reasonably cool though.
snow conditions
Fingers crossed for a bit more snow before our long weekend trip 16-19th March. Skiing in MdC on the Fri & Sat
Was thinking of doing Folgarida / Marilleva side on Friday then above MdC and Pinzolo on Sat
Any suggestions of itineraries/ where to hit or avoid at certain times etc?
snow conditions
Quote:

Forecast for next week is getting sunnier and drier by the hour

Thought some 'light snow showers' were expected? Heading to Alta Badia.
snow conditions
Oblos wrote:
Quote:

Forecast for next week is getting sunnier and drier by the hour

Thought some 'light snow showers' were expected? Heading to Alta Badia.

Still are, but getting lighter and fewer
snow conditions
Dolomites look like being typically sheltered from the westerly flow next week. Probably good news for those out there skiing if the visibility can remain good and the wind doesn’t get too strong?
ski holidays
Peter S wrote:
Dolomites look like being typically sheltered from the westerly flow next week. Probably good news for those out there skiing if the visibility can remain good and the wind doesn’t get too strong?

Looks to be coolish, windyish, dryish and sunny ish

Can report back tomorrow that looks to be gorgeous. On the plane at LHR
snow report
Change of planes at Gatwick S heading to Verona due to ‘technical issues’. 7.40 flight.
latest report
dgschof wrote:
Fingers crossed for a bit more snow before our long weekend trip 16-19th March. Skiing in MdC on the Fri & Sat
Was thinking of doing Folgarida / Marilleva side on Friday then above MdC and Pinzolo on Sat
Any suggestions of itineraries/ where to hit or avoid at certain times etc?

I recently returned from 5 days skiing at MDC and 1 day at Pejo from 2/13-18. I will write up a detailed TR w/ pics but for now...

I'd allow 1 full day for Pinzolo - make sure you do the Dolomitica Tour run down to the bottom of Tulot. Also recommend the Competition black slope - it was fine late in the day not much traffic. Brenta slope was better earlier in the day...

MDC - allow 1 full day to explore each side of the valley. FIS 3-Tre and Amazzonia were my favorites on this side and best skied early.

I liked Vagliana on the other side - if there would have been more snow Cima Groste would have been super fun. It was closed but some were skiing on it - it's not groomed and snow was super hard. We didn't ski any of the blacks on this side.

Allow at least a day to ski Folgarida and Marilleva. Very different terrain more tree-lined and narrow. I really liked the skiing over here. Vigo lift can be a bottleneck. We waited 25 min one trip - but that was the only real long queue of the entire trip.

Pejo was very beautiful and scenic but the snow was super slushy on the lower sections. Definitely worth a day if conditions are good just to see it.
snow conditions
V useful tips - many thanks
Happy with some sun as per forcast but temps look like they hot up
Trying to decide wether to take the piste carvers or the all mountain skis given poss of slushy afternoons. I had thought of pejo for height if get bad but sounds like it might get lots of sun too (Skiing Passo Tonale on Sunday on way home).
After last few years a trip is a privilege though so sure we’ll have a good time whatever
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy